Rise in all inclusive holidays predicted by travel companies
Travellers are opting for all inclusive holidays over next months because they provide more value for money throughout current hard times whilst offering holidaymakers peace of mind with not having to worry about additional costs on their relaxing breaks.
Top travel companies First Choice and Thompson are predicting a significant rise in all inclusive holidays next year as more companies offer value for money packages for travellers.
The travel companies believe that there will be a rise in all inclusive holidays in 2010 because travellers want the comfort of knowing that everything is already paid for and they can effectively save money whilst on holiday instead of spending extra money on meals and drinks each day.
Over the last five years, First Choice and Thompson have seen a 32 per cent rise in travellers booking all inclusive hotels and packages and now all inclusive holidays make up two fifths of the travel operators bookings.
All inclusive holidays have also become a cheaper alternative to self-catering holidays over the past year because the value of the pound has decreased with foreign currency.
The days of travellers booking luxury full two week holidays may become a thing of the past as 10 night stays become increasingly popular in a bid to save money.
Travellers booking all inclusive Caribbean holidays and trips to destinations further afield tend to book 10 or 11 night stays rather than a seven night break because they have further to travel, but bookings for 14 nights stays are decreasing because of the extra cost of a few more days.
As more people are opting for shorter 10 night holidays, Thomson have increased their availability to meet the needs of the consumers and have already seen a 64 per cent increase in bookings.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Caribbean and Costa Rica Browse all
Enjoy the long list of fun options for all the family or bask on Varadero's pure white sands
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 18th Oct
- Sample a host of activities including snorkelling, kayaking, windsurfing, golf and more.
- Enjoy 24-hour all-inclusive service.
- Located on a gorgeous stretch of Varadero beach.
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking to adventure or relax
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by clear water when staying at Melia Varadero
- Enjoy a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
St Lawrence Gap is famous for its many restaurants, great shopping and lively nightlife. This 1.3 km stretch of road,...
This is the place to be if you're looking for a sun-drenched holiday by the sea. Rostrevor Hotel is one of the most...