Barbados holidays first to recover from recession
Barbados looks set to be the first travel destination to recover from the global recession thanks to the rise in publicity to the island and the predicted arrivals of high earners taking luxury Barbados holiday over coming months.
After a fairly slow recovery process from the ongoing global recession, hope is on the horizon for one particular Caribbean travel destination as bookings for Barbados holidays are on the rise.
With the world's highest earners being predicted as the first to recover from the recession, recent efforts to increase publicity to Barbados has enabled its position to climb up the recovery ladder and welcome the increase in high end visitors taking Barbados holidays.
According to the Governor of the Central Bank of Barbados, Dr. DeLisle Worrell, the Caribbean island provides a high end experience for travellers on holidays in Barbados and with the recent turnaround in financial situations for high earners, it is likely that the stunning tropical island will benefit from this and receive an influx of new visitors to luxury Barbados hotels and resorts.
The picturesque region has received a lot of media coverage over recent times with the help of the wedding of Tiger Woods and a visit by Tennis superstar, Serena Williams, which has enabled it to benefit financially despite turbulent times elsewhere in the Caribbean region and the rest of the world.
The island has also been put on the map as a hot destination for Caribbean holidays due to the ever-growing success of international pop singer, Rhianna.
Speaking at the Barbados Chamber of Commerce and Industry (BCCI) November Luncheon at the Hilton last week, Dr. Worrell believes that all of these developments, combined with the island's natural beauty, have made Barbados a household name which can only mean good things for the region's travel and tourism industry and economy.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Barbados Browse all
Enjoy Barbados at the perfect base on the south coast, stay in Worthing Court Apartment Hotel on beautiful Worthing Beach
- Situated across the road from the stunning Worthing Beach
- Comfortable and equipped units with air conditioning, a daily maid service and a balcony/patio
- Short walk away from shops, restaurants, sporting facilities, supermarkets, bars, night clubs and the beautiful Worthing Beach
Located on the south coast of Barbados with breathtaking ocean views is where Butterfly Beach can be located
- Tradtional Bajan Style hotel that is walking distance from shops, bars and St Lawrence Gap
- Walking distance to Oistins Bay where the popular Oistins Fish Fry is held every Friday night
- Award winning family hotel with many repeat guests over the years
- June Sale extended - with savings of upto 20% for travel up until 2019
Be perfectly positioned just a heartbeat away from all the action in Bridgetown and The Gap at Coconut Court Beach Hotel
- The family run hotel prides itself on the exceptionally friendly welcome staff extend to all guests
- Only a short distance from the capital of Bridgetown and St Lawrence Gap; places with lively nightlife and world class restaurants and shops
- FREE transfers, FREE Bottle of Pirate Punch on arrival, A FREE bottle of Sparkling Wine for Honeymooners and FREE transfers to Bridgetown for shopping
- Savings of upto 45% now available plus up to two children stay and play FREE
Discover intimate and traditional Bajan flavour at The Club Barbados Resort and Spa
- Ambient and Tranquil Resort that has a signature Spa, two restaurants & three bars including a true Bajan rum shop
- Adults-Only, All Inclusive Resort located on Barbado's West Coast
- Flash Sale back on with savings of upto £400
- Complimentary water sports are included from water skiing, windsurfing, hobbie-cats, paddle boarding, snorkelling & reef fishing
You can enjoy all the aspects of this charming island, as the elegant eco-friendly property is located near all the...
Escape to the pristine beaches of the south coast of Barbados for a holiday you will never forget at Coconut Court Beach...
Set in lush gardens beside the azure waters of the Caribbean Sea, The Club Barbados is a tranquil and relaxing haven....
Create unforgettable memories at the heart of Barbados' western coast at a collection of one bedroom apartments. Halcyon...
An intimate collection of One Bedroom Apartments located in the heart of the West Coast of Barbados. Travellers Palm...
St Lawrence Gap is famous for its many restaurants, great shopping and lively nightlife. This 1.3 km stretch of road,...