Dubai holidays Cheaper as Hotels Slash Room Rates
Dubai hotels are rapidly slashing rates for the winter season in hope that it will boost occupancy levels, following news of the Dubai World debt default. Some 5* hotels are offering rooms for below £100 a night
Now it’s the time to book your Dubai holidays if you want to get a great deal as Dubai hotels are going into a slashing phase, reducing rates in a bid to boost occupancy levels following news of the Dubai World debt default. Some 5* Dubai hotels are offering rooms for well below £100 a night, whilst rooms at 4* hotels can be snapped up for less than £30 per night in some cases.
For luxury holidays rooms at Taj Palace are going for as little £89 a night, the Concorde is on sale at £75 and a studio apartment at the five-star Grand Midwest is now just £49. Some other rooms are going for incredible prices such as the ones at the Jebel Ali Golf Resort with rates starting from just £99 a night. Meanwhile rates at the One and Only Royal Mirage have been cut by 40%, from £417 to £250.
Not all is a bargain bliss however, as for top of the range luxury Dubai holidays there is still a hefty price to pay. This is the case for seven-star Burj al Arab, which is sticking to its luxury guns with doubles remaining at £958 per night.
For the relief of many and the Dubai holidays industry more specifically, yesterday, the Dubai stock market today showed some sustained signs of recovery since the debt crisis unfolded 10 days ago. In a day of heavy trading, shares were up 1.2% rise following a 12.5% fall in the previous two days of trading.
Confidence in the wider Middle East region also improved with a notable boost for Abu Dhabi holidays as well. The stock market in neighbouring oil-rich Abu Dhabi surged ahead 4%, its biggest one-day gain since March, while markets in Saudi Arabia and Kuwait were also up.
However Oman’s omission that its top banks had a total exposure of $77m to Dubai World sent their shares down nearly 6%. Further indications of the tight situation the Middle East is facing are Dubai World's request for a payment standstill on 25 November for $3.52bn worth of Islamic bonds maturing this month as it tried to restructure its worrying $26bn worth of debt.
The debt standstill rocked the financial markets because many investors had expected the Dubai government – or the nearby Abu Dhabi one – would bail out such a key Middle East investment vehicle rather than see it so publicly flounder. Among other concerns, the default also played into wider fears that global stock markets had risen to unsustainable levels and company values did not reflect the continuing fragility of the world economy, a situation which could further affect Dubai holidays and those in the neighbouring emirates.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dubai Browse all
Perfection is synonymous with this stunning property on Dubai's Palm Island
- There are 10 restaurants and bars serving a variety of cuisine from all over the globe
- Boasting the Talise Ottoman Spa, where guests can indulge in a host of relaxing treatments and therapies
- 300 AED SPA credit per person per stay for the hotel SPA
- Unlimited access to Wild Wadi Park plus free shuttle service to a selection of Dubai Shopping Malls
Take in the stunning 37 acre gardens of a property ideally situated in the heart of Dubai
- Good location from which to exploire Dubai's attractions such as the Burj Khalifa, Dubai Mall or the souks of Deira
- Complimentary shuttle transfer to the Dubai Parks & Resorts themepark. Buy your tickets with us!
- 14 restaurants and bars to suit every type of dining occassion, 4 swimming pools as well as rooms with a marble bath and spa tub
Experience the best of all worlds in Dubai - exceptional accommodation, restauarants, sandy beaches and unmatched shoppin, all for an unbeatable price
- Delight yourself in a culinary adventure with a selection of 16 dining options to tickle your taste buds
- Club Level rooms available providing access additional amenities and exclusive lounge access
- Located on the spectacular Jumeirah Beach adjacent to the Dubai Marina and only 10 minutes from the Emirates shopping mall
With over 20 restaurants and bars, you will be amazed by the variety of fine fare on offer to enhance your holiday.
- Complimentary services include a 1-2 hour scuba diving session
- Free Half Board on selected dates
- Venture next door with complimentary access to the Wild Wadi Water Park to cool yourself from the summer sun
With a gorgeous location on the west crescent of the Palm Jumeirah, this exclusive and ultra-deluxe resort delivers...
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
The luxurious-new InterContinental Mauritius Resort Balaclava Fort overlooks the beaches of the Bay of Balaclava. This...
The stunning Intercontinental Resort Mauritius awaits, overlooking the Bay of Balaclava located on a pristine white...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Located in Deira, within old Dubai, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Muraqabat offers a prime opportunity to explore the...
Situated right at the heart of the Port Rashid district, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Mina sits ideally between the...