First of six Starwood Westin hotels opens in India
The Westin Pune Koregaon, the first of the six proposed Starwood's Westin Hotels located in India due to open by the year 2012, has recently opened its doors to its first guests on their India holidays.
The new addition to India hotels is the 25th Westin Hotel to open in Asia Pacific and the second to open in India after The Westin Sohna Gurgaon Resort and Spa received its first guests in December 2007.
The luxury hotel group, Starwood Hotels & Resorts, have 163 properties across the world and plans have already started to develop six hotels over the next three years, with the first three due to open in 2010.
As the amount of travellers who take India holidays to resorts in the Maldives and Mauritius increases, so does the opening and growth of Starwood Westin Hotels in India.
President and CEO for Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc, Frits van Paasschen, said:
"As home to the world's fastest growing population, India represents a significant opportunity for Starwood and our development partners. Coinciding with its population boom is the rise of India's middle class, which is driving domestic tourism growth. In this decade, disposable income in India has grown about 10 percent annually, and much of that is being spent on travel.
"By working to further establish relationships with travellers in this critical, high-growth market today, we are ensuring the success of Starwood tomorrow."
Earlier this year Starwood opened the Four Points by Sheraton brand in Mumbai and Jaipur and plans are in place to launch the Aloft brand with the first three hotels in India in 2010.
Chairman and president of Starwood Asia Pacific, Miguel Ko, said:
"India's dynamic and resilient economy makes it a highly attractive choice for further hotel development. India has a strong GDP growth rate, an established role as global hub for the outsourcing industry and the infrastructure to support travel to and within the country. And with our plans to grow our footprint by 60 percent in the next three years, Starwood is well positioned to meet the pent-up demand for our lifestyle brands throughout India."
Don Elliot, Regional Vice President for Starwood's India, Bangladesh and the Maldives region said:
"These six new brand enhancing hotels will provide guests with the signature Westin experience they have come to expect at our 163 existing Hotels around the world. We look forward to continuing to grow throughout India and beyond to help ensure that Westin hotels are everywhere our guests want to be."
The Westin Pune Koregaon Park will offer guests on their holidays in India a choice of 277 rooms, seven meeting rooms, a ballroom, three restaurants and the Westin Heavenly Spa.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Make your trip to Phuket one to remember at romantic and secluded Rawai beach
- Perfect for families or couples searching for their own slice of paradise
- Free shuttle services to Ya Nui beach, Nai Harn beach and Kata beach
- Free upgrade to Deluxe Pool View
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 15th Dec
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Discreet and unpretentious, yet charming and welcoming, Hotel Phebus enjoys a quiet location at the heart of La Marsa -...