First of six Starwood Westin hotels opens in India
The Westin Pune Koregaon, the first of the six proposed Starwood's Westin Hotels located in India due to open by the year 2012, has recently opened its doors to its first guests on their India holidays.
The new addition to India hotels is the 25th Westin Hotel to open in Asia Pacific and the second to open in India after The Westin Sohna Gurgaon Resort and Spa received its first guests in December 2007.
The luxury hotel group, Starwood Hotels & Resorts, have 163 properties across the world and plans have already started to develop six hotels over the next three years, with the first three due to open in 2010.
As the amount of travellers who take India holidays to resorts in the Maldives and Mauritius increases, so does the opening and growth of Starwood Westin Hotels in India.
President and CEO for Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc, Frits van Paasschen, said:
"As home to the world's fastest growing population, India represents a significant opportunity for Starwood and our development partners. Coinciding with its population boom is the rise of India's middle class, which is driving domestic tourism growth. In this decade, disposable income in India has grown about 10 percent annually, and much of that is being spent on travel.
"By working to further establish relationships with travellers in this critical, high-growth market today, we are ensuring the success of Starwood tomorrow."
Earlier this year Starwood opened the Four Points by Sheraton brand in Mumbai and Jaipur and plans are in place to launch the Aloft brand with the first three hotels in India in 2010.
Chairman and president of Starwood Asia Pacific, Miguel Ko, said:
"India's dynamic and resilient economy makes it a highly attractive choice for further hotel development. India has a strong GDP growth rate, an established role as global hub for the outsourcing industry and the infrastructure to support travel to and within the country. And with our plans to grow our footprint by 60 percent in the next three years, Starwood is well positioned to meet the pent-up demand for our lifestyle brands throughout India."
Don Elliot, Regional Vice President for Starwood's India, Bangladesh and the Maldives region said:
"These six new brand enhancing hotels will provide guests with the signature Westin experience they have come to expect at our 163 existing Hotels around the world. We look forward to continuing to grow throughout India and beyond to help ensure that Westin hotels are everywhere our guests want to be."
The Westin Pune Koregaon Park will offer guests on their holidays in India a choice of 277 rooms, seven meeting rooms, a ballroom, three restaurants and the Westin Heavenly Spa.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Stay at the luxurious Dreams resort with various benefits including a room upgrade to make your holiday extra special
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Enjoy moonlit themed parties, great music shows and outdoor cinema screenings on the beach
- A wide choice of a la carte themed restaurants and chic bars ensure there is something to suit everyone
- The Explorer's Kids Club has a fully supervised children's programme with various different activities
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Book now and get a free upgrade to the sea view at Blau Varadero - limited availability
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
- Blau Vardero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...