First of six Starwood Westin hotels opens in India
The Westin Pune Koregaon, the first of the six proposed Starwood's Westin Hotels located in India due to open by the year 2012, has recently opened its doors to its first guests on their India holidays.
The new addition to India hotels is the 25th Westin Hotel to open in Asia Pacific and the second to open in India after The Westin Sohna Gurgaon Resort and Spa received its first guests in December 2007.
The luxury hotel group, Starwood Hotels & Resorts, have 163 properties across the world and plans have already started to develop six hotels over the next three years, with the first three due to open in 2010.
As the amount of travellers who take India holidays to resorts in the Maldives and Mauritius increases, so does the opening and growth of Starwood Westin Hotels in India.
President and CEO for Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc, Frits van Paasschen, said:
"As home to the world's fastest growing population, India represents a significant opportunity for Starwood and our development partners. Coinciding with its population boom is the rise of India's middle class, which is driving domestic tourism growth. In this decade, disposable income in India has grown about 10 percent annually, and much of that is being spent on travel.
"By working to further establish relationships with travellers in this critical, high-growth market today, we are ensuring the success of Starwood tomorrow."
Earlier this year Starwood opened the Four Points by Sheraton brand in Mumbai and Jaipur and plans are in place to launch the Aloft brand with the first three hotels in India in 2010.
Chairman and president of Starwood Asia Pacific, Miguel Ko, said:
"India's dynamic and resilient economy makes it a highly attractive choice for further hotel development. India has a strong GDP growth rate, an established role as global hub for the outsourcing industry and the infrastructure to support travel to and within the country. And with our plans to grow our footprint by 60 percent in the next three years, Starwood is well positioned to meet the pent-up demand for our lifestyle brands throughout India."
Don Elliot, Regional Vice President for Starwood's India, Bangladesh and the Maldives region said:
"These six new brand enhancing hotels will provide guests with the signature Westin experience they have come to expect at our 163 existing Hotels around the world. We look forward to continuing to grow throughout India and beyond to help ensure that Westin hotels are everywhere our guests want to be."
The Westin Pune Koregaon Park will offer guests on their holidays in India a choice of 277 rooms, seven meeting rooms, a ballroom, three restaurants and the Westin Heavenly Spa.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Make your trip to Phuket one to remember at romantic and secluded Rawai beach
- Head to Promthep Cape for the most beautiful sunset in Thailand
- Relaxing location close to the beach
- Free shuttle services to Ya Nui beach, Nai Harn beach and Kata beach
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride through Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal, experience traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Exclusive discount to the eco-archaeological Xcaret Park
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars & access to 5 Swimming Pools
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
An eco-tourist's dream - embark on an amazing journey of discovery with the perfect combination of comfort and adventure in tropical Costa Rica.
- Explore the amazing country of Costa Rica and discover all it's gems on this in depth tour with a fabulous beach stay
- During this tour you will experience various unique inclusions including a fantastic stay in tented accommodation under the stars in Arenal
- Enjoy various activities and exploration on this holiday including river rafting and much more with various optional tours to add
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
With a good location next to the city centre and the medina, this charming hotel will put you in close proximity to the...