First of six Starwood Westin hotels opens in India
The Westin Pune Koregaon, the first of the six proposed Starwood's Westin Hotels located in India due to open by the year 2012, has recently opened its doors to its first guests on their India holidays.
The new addition to India hotels is the 25th Westin Hotel to open in Asia Pacific and the second to open in India after The Westin Sohna Gurgaon Resort and Spa received its first guests in December 2007.
The luxury hotel group, Starwood Hotels & Resorts, have 163 properties across the world and plans have already started to develop six hotels over the next three years, with the first three due to open in 2010.
As the amount of travellers who take India holidays to resorts in the Maldives and Mauritius increases, so does the opening and growth of Starwood Westin Hotels in India.
President and CEO for Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc, Frits van Paasschen, said:
"As home to the world's fastest growing population, India represents a significant opportunity for Starwood and our development partners. Coinciding with its population boom is the rise of India's middle class, which is driving domestic tourism growth. In this decade, disposable income in India has grown about 10 percent annually, and much of that is being spent on travel.
"By working to further establish relationships with travellers in this critical, high-growth market today, we are ensuring the success of Starwood tomorrow."
Earlier this year Starwood opened the Four Points by Sheraton brand in Mumbai and Jaipur and plans are in place to launch the Aloft brand with the first three hotels in India in 2010.
Chairman and president of Starwood Asia Pacific, Miguel Ko, said:
"India's dynamic and resilient economy makes it a highly attractive choice for further hotel development. India has a strong GDP growth rate, an established role as global hub for the outsourcing industry and the infrastructure to support travel to and within the country. And with our plans to grow our footprint by 60 percent in the next three years, Starwood is well positioned to meet the pent-up demand for our lifestyle brands throughout India."
Don Elliot, Regional Vice President for Starwood's India, Bangladesh and the Maldives region said:
"These six new brand enhancing hotels will provide guests with the signature Westin experience they have come to expect at our 163 existing Hotels around the world. We look forward to continuing to grow throughout India and beyond to help ensure that Westin hotels are everywhere our guests want to be."
The Westin Pune Koregaon Park will offer guests on their holidays in India a choice of 277 rooms, seven meeting rooms, a ballroom, three restaurants and the Westin Heavenly Spa.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride in Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal in Agra, experience a feast to remember with a traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide will take you around the sightseeing & excursion tours as per the itinerary
- Book before 31st January 2017 and get an exclusive complimentary upgrade to Half Board
Prepare to be wowed and dazzled by mystical encounters, ancient cities, marvellous wonders and unique sites as you discover the real and magical Jordan.
- Enjoy a stop-off at Mount Nebo where Prophet Moses viewed the Promised Land
- Visit the Dead Sea & enjoy a drive along the 2000-year-old Kings Highway
- Experience Petra, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, recently voted as one of the New 7 Wonders of the World
Do the castaway experience in style and live your Robinson Crusoe dream
- Lose yourself in over 3 km of pristine beaches and aquamarine lagoons
- Beautiful bungalows nestled in the tropical gardens or on the beach, right over the lagoon
- Sample mouth-watering delights at a wide selection of dining options from flavours of the Orient to Mediterranean delights
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Uncover the charms of India as you spend eight days touring some of its most important touristic sites. The Golden...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Located by the picturesque St. Paul's Bay, Porto Azzurro Hotel is only 10 minutes away from Malta's main sandy beaches...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of...
A charming little retreat right at the heart of Tunis, Le Pacha is centrally located to give you easy access to all of...