British Airways offers largest number of flights to Caribbean this winter
Travellers taking luxury Caribbean holidays this winter will have a greater choice of flights to choose from as British Airways are increasing the number of flights to the Caribbean leaving from Gatwick Airport.
With winter temperatures plummeting, bookings for trips to warmer climates have begun as travellers start planning their Antigua holidays, Barbados holidays, and St Lucia holidays to escape the dark nights ahead.
British Airways will be operating 55 flights each week travelling to 14 popular tourist destinations with an increase in flights to Grenada and St. Kitts via Antigua from the end of March 2010.
The increase in routes means that British Airways will be operating more flights to the Caribbean than any other carrier this winter whilst keeping customers happy and providing a range of flexible flight options for passengers planning their Antigua holidays and tropical escapes.
The Caribbean is one of the world's most popular tourist destinations which is largely due to its tropical temperatures, blue skies, sandy beaches, sparkling turquoise waters, and selection of islands to choose from; each full of individual character, traditions, and culture.
With the recession reportedly nearing an end, more consumers are relaxing their spending habits and going ahead and booking their long awaited Antigua holidays and Caribbean islands escapes.
Offering value for money luxury packages, the Caribbean is a firm favourite amongst British travellers and with an increase in Caribbean flights from British Airways, there is likely to be a significant increase in holiday bookings.
British Airways will also be increasing flights to Bermuda six times a week, Barbados ten times a week and both St Lucia and Port of Spain in Trinidad five times a week.
The services to Grenada and St Kitts will be operated by Boeing 777 aircraft and will have three-classes available: World Traveller, World Traveller Plus and Club World.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
A resort where there is something for everyone
- FAMILY PACKAGES from £ 1899 for a family of 2 adults & 2 kids below 12
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- up to 2 children eat and stay for free
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Stay at a Havana hotel brimming with history then head off to a brand-new beachfront resort in Varadero
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
Stay at the luxurious Dreams resort with various benefits including a room upgrade to make your holiday extra special
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Enjoy moonlit themed parties, great music shows and outdoor cinema screenings on the beach
- A wide choice of a la carte themed restaurants and chic bars ensure there is something to suit everyone
- The Explorer's Kids Club has a fully supervised children's programme with various different activities
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Despite having opened its doors to guests in 2008, this boutique hotel has been around for much longer as it once was a...