British Airways offers largest number of flights to Caribbean this winter
Travellers taking luxury Caribbean holidays this winter will have a greater choice of flights to choose from as British Airways are increasing the number of flights to the Caribbean leaving from Gatwick Airport.
With winter temperatures plummeting, bookings for trips to warmer climates have begun as travellers start planning their Antigua holidays, Barbados holidays, and St Lucia holidays to escape the dark nights ahead.
British Airways will be operating 55 flights each week travelling to 14 popular tourist destinations with an increase in flights to Grenada and St. Kitts via Antigua from the end of March 2010.
The increase in routes means that British Airways will be operating more flights to the Caribbean than any other carrier this winter whilst keeping customers happy and providing a range of flexible flight options for passengers planning their Antigua holidays and tropical escapes.
The Caribbean is one of the world's most popular tourist destinations which is largely due to its tropical temperatures, blue skies, sandy beaches, sparkling turquoise waters, and selection of islands to choose from; each full of individual character, traditions, and culture.
With the recession reportedly nearing an end, more consumers are relaxing their spending habits and going ahead and booking their long awaited Antigua holidays and Caribbean islands escapes.
Offering value for money luxury packages, the Caribbean is a firm favourite amongst British travellers and with an increase in Caribbean flights from British Airways, there is likely to be a significant increase in holiday bookings.
British Airways will also be increasing flights to Bermuda six times a week, Barbados ten times a week and both St Lucia and Port of Spain in Trinidad five times a week.
The services to Grenada and St Kitts will be operated by Boeing 777 aircraft and will have three-classes available: World Traveller, World Traveller Plus and Club World.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Sun-seekers will love this deal transporting you to the golden beaches of Phuket
- 3 free-form swimming pools to choose from
- Take advantage of the swim up bar
- Complimentary shuttle service to Ya Nui Beach, Nai harn Beach and Kata Beach
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Exclusive discount to the eco-archaeological Xcaret Park
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars & access to 5 Swimming Pools
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
An eco-tourist's dream - embark on an amazing journey of discovery with the perfect combination of comfort and adventure in tropical Costa Rica.
- Explore the amazing country of Costa Rica and discover all it's gems on this in depth tour with a fabulous beach stay
- During this tour you will experience various unique inclusions including a fantastic stay in tented accommodation under the stars in Arenal
- Enjoy various activities and exploration on this holiday including river rafting and much more with various optional tours to add
Soak in the vitamin D on Phuket’s sun-kissed coastline with a stay the Rawai Palm Beach Resort, a matter of steps from...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
The Topaz Hotel is perfect for those who want to explore St Paul's bay and Malta's rugged countryside. Affordable and...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Despite having opened its doors to guests in 2008, this boutique hotel has been around for much longer as it once was a...