British Airways offers largest number of flights to Caribbean this winter
Travellers taking luxury Caribbean holidays this winter will have a greater choice of flights to choose from as British Airways are increasing the number of flights to the Caribbean leaving from Gatwick Airport.
With winter temperatures plummeting, bookings for trips to warmer climates have begun as travellers start planning their Antigua holidays, Barbados holidays, and St Lucia holidays to escape the dark nights ahead.
British Airways will be operating 55 flights each week travelling to 14 popular tourist destinations with an increase in flights to Grenada and St. Kitts via Antigua from the end of March 2010.
The increase in routes means that British Airways will be operating more flights to the Caribbean than any other carrier this winter whilst keeping customers happy and providing a range of flexible flight options for passengers planning their Antigua holidays and tropical escapes.
The Caribbean is one of the world's most popular tourist destinations which is largely due to its tropical temperatures, blue skies, sandy beaches, sparkling turquoise waters, and selection of islands to choose from; each full of individual character, traditions, and culture.
With the recession reportedly nearing an end, more consumers are relaxing their spending habits and going ahead and booking their long awaited Antigua holidays and Caribbean islands escapes.
Offering value for money luxury packages, the Caribbean is a firm favourite amongst British travellers and with an increase in Caribbean flights from British Airways, there is likely to be a significant increase in holiday bookings.
British Airways will also be increasing flights to Bermuda six times a week, Barbados ten times a week and both St Lucia and Port of Spain in Trinidad five times a week.
The services to Grenada and St Kitts will be operated by Boeing 777 aircraft and will have three-classes available: World Traveller, World Traveller Plus and Club World.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
A resort where there is something for everyone
- FAMILY PACKAGES for a family of 2 adults & 2 kids below 12
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- up to 2 children eat and stay for free
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Visit Jaipur's Hawa Mahal, an icon of Rajashtani architecture and the ethereally beautiful Taj mahal of Agra
- Perfect tour to introduce you to India, Home to the cities of Delhi, Agra and Jaipur, the golden triangle is an area of extraordinary cultural wealth and splendour.
- Experience the street life of Delhi, Delhi is a city like no other, with teeming bazaars and the Great Mosque in Old Delhi
Use up to $2500 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Incredible January exclusive - Receive a free upgrade to the next room type when booking with The Holiday Place
- Don't miss out on this incredible offer Kids 17 and under stay, play and eat free
- The Illusionists are appearing at the resort from 22nd December - 3rd Jan & The amazing Backstreet Boys are appearing on the 29th December*
- Awesome resort credits with up to $2500 to spend on spa treatments, dolphin swims, access to the Wet 'N' Wild waterpark and much more
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
A warm welcome awaits you behind the striking geometric façade of Holiday Inn Express Dubai-Jumeirah, 20 minutes by taxi...
Experience luxurious accommodations, modern business and leisure amenities and an ideal location in the heart of Abu...