British Airways offers largest number of flights to Caribbean this winter
Travellers taking luxury Caribbean holidays this winter will have a greater choice of flights to choose from as British Airways are increasing the number of flights to the Caribbean leaving from Gatwick Airport.
With winter temperatures plummeting, bookings for trips to warmer climates have begun as travellers start planning their Antigua holidays, Barbados holidays, and St Lucia holidays to escape the dark nights ahead.
British Airways will be operating 55 flights each week travelling to 14 popular tourist destinations with an increase in flights to Grenada and St. Kitts via Antigua from the end of March 2010.
The increase in routes means that British Airways will be operating more flights to the Caribbean than any other carrier this winter whilst keeping customers happy and providing a range of flexible flight options for passengers planning their Antigua holidays and tropical escapes.
The Caribbean is one of the world's most popular tourist destinations which is largely due to its tropical temperatures, blue skies, sandy beaches, sparkling turquoise waters, and selection of islands to choose from; each full of individual character, traditions, and culture.
With the recession reportedly nearing an end, more consumers are relaxing their spending habits and going ahead and booking their long awaited Antigua holidays and Caribbean islands escapes.
Offering value for money luxury packages, the Caribbean is a firm favourite amongst British travellers and with an increase in Caribbean flights from British Airways, there is likely to be a significant increase in holiday bookings.
British Airways will also be increasing flights to Bermuda six times a week, Barbados ten times a week and both St Lucia and Port of Spain in Trinidad five times a week.
The services to Grenada and St Kitts will be operated by Boeing 777 aircraft and will have three-classes available: World Traveller, World Traveller Plus and Club World.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride through Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal, experience traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide
Stay at the luxurious Dreams resort with various benefits including a room upgrade to make your holiday extra special
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Enjoy moonlit themed parties, great music shows and outdoor cinema screenings on the beach
- A wide choice of a la carte themed restaurants and chic bars ensure there is something to suit everyone
- The Explorer's Kids Club has a fully supervised children's programme with various different activities
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Book now and get a free upgrade to the sea view at Blau Varadero - limited availability
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
- Blau Vardero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...