Increase in business travellers returning to Rocco Forte Collection luxury hotels
Business customers staying at luxury five-star Rocco Forte hotels are joining the existing guests staying there for their luxury holidays, providing hope that the marketplace is recovery after the recent global recession.
Rocco Forte Hotels and Resorts are seeing a large number of business customers including bankers return as guests at their luxury hotels and properties indicating that the market is in the road to recovery and bankers are once again taking luxury holidays.
Sir Rocco Forte, owner of the Rocco Forte Collection recently told a newspaper:
"Banks are still pretty tight with money, although there's a huge amount of money waiting to be invested. People are still not completely confident. There's a slight fear of this "W" type recession. I think people need to be convinced that it isn't going to happen before committing again to the marketplace."
Rocco Forte is the son of Lord Forte, a successful hotelier who founded the company in 1934. Rocco once ran the hotel chain comprising of 800 hotels but lost it in an unfriendly $6 billion takeover in 1996.
Since them, Rocco has worked hard to build up his own collection of hotels and resorts and currently has 13 properties in Europe and is expanding into the Middle East market with the new opening of the first of its Abu Dhabi hotels, a 281-bedroom property, which is due to open in 2010. The properties provide a wide range of luxury holidays for high end travellers.
Other additions to the hotel portfolio include properties in Jeddah in Saudi Arabia, a luxury hotel and golf and spa resort in Marrakesh, and plans to open a property in Cairo.
"I think in 2010 we'll see a slow recovery and then things will probably pick up faster after that. The fact that we are moving towards management contracts, and have in fact fought off competition from other leading five-star brands, shows how far we have come in the last 10 years, and that we are now in a position to leverage the Rocco Forte Collection brand."
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Middle East Browse all
Experience the best of all worlds in Dubai - exceptional accommodation, restauarants, sandy beaches and unmatched shoppin, all for an unbeatable price
- Exlusive Free Half Board upgrade (book by 11 November 2017)!!!
- Delight yourself in a culinary adventure with a selection of 16 dining options to tickle your taste buds
- Club Level rooms available providing access additional amenities and exclusive lounge access
- Located on the spectacular Jumeirah Beach adjacent to the Dubai Marina and only 10 minutes from the Emirates shopping mall
The location on the world famous, Palm Jumeirah, provides superb access to white sandy beaches.
- FREE Half Board upgrade
- Up to two kids stay FREE
- Unlimited access to Wild Wadi Park plus free shuttle service to a selection of Dubai Shopping Malls
Prepare to be wowed and dazzled by mystical encounters, ancient cities, marvellous wonders and unique sites as you discover the real and magical Jordan.
- Enjoy a stop-off at Mount Nebo where Prophet Moses viewed the Promised Land
- Visit the Dead Sea & enjoy a drive along the 2000-year-old Kings Highway
- Experience Petra, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, recently voted as one of the New 7 Wonders of the World
Discover the beauty of Mauritius and the buzz of Dubai
- Exclusive Added Values in Mauritius: Dinner on the beach for two with fresh fruits on arrival in the room (book by 20 December)
- Intercontinental Mauritius is located on one of the most marvellous parts of the island
- Fantastic selection of facilities and amenities await at the Intercontinental Mauritius, including free Wi-Fi, children's club and fun activities for all ages.
- Stay at the Hyatt Regency Dubai, the only hotel with a restaurant that has a 360 degree view
Enjoy the stretches of sand and unlimited sunshine available here as you savour the comforts of Atlantis, The Palm. One...
Located on the man-made island of Al Marjan, Rixos Bab Al Bahr lies near Ras Al Khaimah. Everything from tourist...
Discover the beauty of Ras al Khaimah during your stay at the luxurious Doubletree by Hilton Resort and Spa Marjan...
A warm welcome awaits you behind the striking geometric façade of Holiday Inn Express Dubai-Jumeirah, 20 minutes by taxi...
With all the modern facilities and comforts you would expect from a 4* hotel, this hotel is set within central Al Barsha...