Increase in business travellers returning to Rocco Forte Collection luxury hotels
Business customers staying at luxury five-star Rocco Forte hotels are joining the existing guests staying there for their luxury holidays, providing hope that the marketplace is recovery after the recent global recession.
Rocco Forte Hotels and Resorts are seeing a large number of business customers including bankers return as guests at their luxury hotels and properties indicating that the market is in the road to recovery and bankers are once again taking luxury holidays.
Sir Rocco Forte, owner of the Rocco Forte Collection recently told a newspaper:
"Banks are still pretty tight with money, although there's a huge amount of money waiting to be invested. People are still not completely confident. There's a slight fear of this "W" type recession. I think people need to be convinced that it isn't going to happen before committing again to the marketplace."
Rocco Forte is the son of Lord Forte, a successful hotelier who founded the company in 1934. Rocco once ran the hotel chain comprising of 800 hotels but lost it in an unfriendly $6 billion takeover in 1996.
Since them, Rocco has worked hard to build up his own collection of hotels and resorts and currently has 13 properties in Europe and is expanding into the Middle East market with the new opening of the first of its Abu Dhabi hotels, a 281-bedroom property, which is due to open in 2010. The properties provide a wide range of luxury holidays for high end travellers.
Other additions to the hotel portfolio include properties in Jeddah in Saudi Arabia, a luxury hotel and golf and spa resort in Marrakesh, and plans to open a property in Cairo.
"I think in 2010 we'll see a slow recovery and then things will probably pick up faster after that. The fact that we are moving towards management contracts, and have in fact fought off competition from other leading five-star brands, shows how far we have come in the last 10 years, and that we are now in a position to leverage the Rocco Forte Collection brand."
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Middle East Browse all
Enjoy a varied selection of fun activities and evening entertainment at an outstandingly beautiful beach and golf resort.
- Luxuriate at the Spa and select from an array of water sports while children have fun at the Kids' Club
- FAMILY PACKAGES from £ 1649 for a family of 2 adults & 2 kids below 12
- up to 2 children eat and stay for free
Experience the best of all worlds in Dubai - exceptional accommodation, restauarants, sandy beaches and unmatched shoppin, all for an unbeatable price
- Delight yourself in a culinary adventure with a selection of 16 dining options to tickle your taste buds
- Club Level rooms available providing access additional amenities and exclusive lounge access
- Located on the spectacular Jumeirah Beach adjacent to the Dubai Marina and only 10 minutes from the Emirates shopping mall
Prepare to be wowed and dazzled by mystical encounters, ancient cities, marvellous wonders and unique sites as you discover the real and magical Jordan.
- Enjoy a stop-off at Mount Nebo where Prophet Moses viewed the Promised Land
- Visit the Dead Sea & enjoy a drive along the 2000-year-old Kings Highway
- Experience Petra, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, recently voted as one of the New 7 Wonders of the World
The perfect location
- Enjoy All Inclusive in beautiful Mauritius and just unwind at the beach
- Combine the best of two worlds in one journey - relax in Mauritian paradise and experience stunning Dubai
- Experience world-class dining in both incredible countries
Located on the man-made island of Al Marjan, Rixos Bab Al Bahr lies near Ras Al Khaimah. Everything from tourist...
Discover the beauty of Ras al Khaimah during your stay at the luxurious Doubletree by Hilton Resort and Spa Marjan...
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Fairmont Ajman is surrounded by stunning white sandy beaches and year round sunshine, just 30 minutes from the bustling...
Situated right at the heart of the Port Rashid district, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Mina sits ideally between the...