Increase in business travellers returning to Rocco Forte Collection luxury hotels
Business customers staying at luxury five-star Rocco Forte hotels are joining the existing guests staying there for their luxury holidays, providing hope that the marketplace is recovery after the recent global recession.
Rocco Forte Hotels and Resorts are seeing a large number of business customers including bankers return as guests at their luxury hotels and properties indicating that the market is in the road to recovery and bankers are once again taking luxury holidays.
Sir Rocco Forte, owner of the Rocco Forte Collection recently told a newspaper:
"Banks are still pretty tight with money, although there's a huge amount of money waiting to be invested. People are still not completely confident. There's a slight fear of this "W" type recession. I think people need to be convinced that it isn't going to happen before committing again to the marketplace."
Rocco Forte is the son of Lord Forte, a successful hotelier who founded the company in 1934. Rocco once ran the hotel chain comprising of 800 hotels but lost it in an unfriendly $6 billion takeover in 1996.
Since them, Rocco has worked hard to build up his own collection of hotels and resorts and currently has 13 properties in Europe and is expanding into the Middle East market with the new opening of the first of its Abu Dhabi hotels, a 281-bedroom property, which is due to open in 2010. The properties provide a wide range of luxury holidays for high end travellers.
Other additions to the hotel portfolio include properties in Jeddah in Saudi Arabia, a luxury hotel and golf and spa resort in Marrakesh, and plans to open a property in Cairo.
"I think in 2010 we'll see a slow recovery and then things will probably pick up faster after that. The fact that we are moving towards management contracts, and have in fact fought off competition from other leading five-star brands, shows how far we have come in the last 10 years, and that we are now in a position to leverage the Rocco Forte Collection brand."
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Middle East Browse all
Impeccable service combined with comfort and luxury at Hyatt Regency Dubai
- More than ten different Food and Beverage Outlets for your choice
- Try something absolutely unique on Dubai's only Ice Rink
- Located in the heart of the historic Deira with walking distance to the gold souks
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Relax and enjoy your stay at this five-star resort excellent choice for families
- Enjoy many additional complimentary benefits when staying in the newly refurbished superior rooms
- First child stay free on bed and breakfast up to the age of 14 when sharing with parents
- Amazing choice of award winning restaurants and bars
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Located on the man-made island of Al Marjan, Rixos Bab Al Bahr lies near Ras Al Khaimah. Everything from tourist...
Discover the beauty of Ras al Khaimah during your stay at the luxurious Doubletree by Hilton Resort and Spa Marjan...
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Rove City Centre is one of Dubai's newest hotels, offering a year-round outdoor pool and fitness centre. Conveniently...
The 4* Ramada Deira hotel boasts comfortable, modern and grand interiors and facilities, as well as easy access to the...