Brand new terminal opens at Larnaca International Airport
Cyprus bids farewell to its outdated Larnaca International Airport terminal, and welcomes the opening of the well-awaited brand new terminal just in time for the arrival of Christmas and New Year visitors taking Cyprus holidays.
Visitors taking Cyprus holidays will now be able to use the brand new terminal at Larnaca International Airport prior to the forthcoming closure of the busy airport's old terminal.
The new terminal, names Zenon, is now open to flights bringing travellers on their Cyprus holidays and business trips.
The old terminal had been operating since 1975 when it was initially used as a makeshift terminal after Nicosia International Airport was destroyed in the Turkish invasion. Over the last couple of decades, the terminal helped the Cypriot region become a popular tourist destination, operating a number of cheap flights to and from the region and boosting the area's tourism industry.
As a result of the increase in people taking Cyprus holidays, a number of additional Larnaca hotels, Ayia Napa hotels and high end properties have opened in the area, which has helped Cyprus' travel and hospitality sector considerably.
The brand new terminal cost over 656 million Euros and is expected to receive up to 7.5 millions flight passengers a year, whilst providing an efficient operational service.
With fantastic weather all year round, stunning scenery, and friendly hospitable locals, the Mediterranean island of Cyprus is fast becoming a popular tourist destination, with a large number of flights being offered from various airports across the UK and many other international airports.
The old terminal will continue to operate for one more year before the site will be used for an airport hotel and additional amenities.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Make your trip to Phuket one to remember at romantic and secluded Rawai beach
- Head to Promthep Cape for the most beautiful sunset in Thailand
- Relaxing location close to the beach
- Free shuttle services to Ya Nui beach, Nai Harn beach and Kata beach
A resort where there is something for everyone
- FAMILY PACKAGES from £ 1899 for a family of 2 adults & 2 kids below 12
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- up to 2 children eat and stay for free
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Stay at the luxurious Dreams resort with various benefits including a room upgrade to make your holiday extra special
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Enjoy moonlit themed parties, great music shows and outdoor cinema screenings on the beach
- A wide choice of a la carte themed restaurants and chic bars ensure there is something to suit everyone
- The Explorer's Kids Club has a fully supervised children's programme with various different activities
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
The Topaz Hotel is perfect for those who want to explore St Paul's bay and Malta's rugged countryside. Affordable and...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Despite having opened its doors to guests in 2008, this boutique hotel has been around for much longer as it once was a...