Brand new terminal opens at Larnaca International Airport
Cyprus bids farewell to its outdated Larnaca International Airport terminal, and welcomes the opening of the well-awaited brand new terminal just in time for the arrival of Christmas and New Year visitors taking Cyprus holidays.
Visitors taking Cyprus holidays will now be able to use the brand new terminal at Larnaca International Airport prior to the forthcoming closure of the busy airport's old terminal.
The new terminal, names Zenon, is now open to flights bringing travellers on their Cyprus holidays and business trips.
The old terminal had been operating since 1975 when it was initially used as a makeshift terminal after Nicosia International Airport was destroyed in the Turkish invasion. Over the last couple of decades, the terminal helped the Cypriot region become a popular tourist destination, operating a number of cheap flights to and from the region and boosting the area's tourism industry.
As a result of the increase in people taking Cyprus holidays, a number of additional Larnaca hotels, Ayia Napa hotels and high end properties have opened in the area, which has helped Cyprus' travel and hospitality sector considerably.
The brand new terminal cost over 656 million Euros and is expected to receive up to 7.5 millions flight passengers a year, whilst providing an efficient operational service.
With fantastic weather all year round, stunning scenery, and friendly hospitable locals, the Mediterranean island of Cyprus is fast becoming a popular tourist destination, with a large number of flights being offered from various airports across the UK and many other international airports.
The old terminal will continue to operate for one more year before the site will be used for an airport hotel and additional amenities.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
A couples' dream, located between a lush green tropical jungle and a beautiful sandy beach ensures total relaxation
- Enjoy huge savings on this amazing hotel including 'Live It Up' for travel in 2018 slashing higher room category prices
- The Sip, Savor & See Dining Experience includes complimentary dinner, drinks and entertainment at a restaurant or bar at a participating resort of their choice
- Guestrooms and Suites provide a wealth of amenities including a daily refreshed mini bar, 24 hour room and concierge services, a large TV and much more
- The resort has a great location next to a pristine golden sand beach and lush tropical jungle
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking to adventure or relax
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by clear water when staying at Melia Varadero
- Enjoy a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Despite having opened its doors to guests in 2008, this boutique hotel has been around for much longer as it once was a...