Escape the winter blues with Costa Rica holidays
For travellers looking to escape the cold winter months, Costa Rica is one of the most popular affordable holiday destinations with its friendly locals, warm climate, and outstanding natural scenery, providing an experience visitors will never forget.
As the festive season approaches, purse strings are tightened and clothes are layered as we prepare for the winter months. A great way to escape the plummeting temperatures and enjoy value-for-money travel is to take Costa Rica holidays this winter.
Located in Central America between Nicaragua and Panama, the region offers travellers on Costa Rica holidays a wonderful climate and stunning scenery made up of active volcanoes, mountains, rainforests, miles of sandy beaches and epic surf conditions.
Named the "Happiest Country in the World" by the New Economics Foundation, Costa Rica is becoming an increasingly popular holiday destination from travellers all over the world as well as its neighbours in America.
The region's close proximity to the United States enable it be an ideal place for a quick break or a longer, relaxing stay and is just a two and half hour flight from Miami, six hours from Los Angeles, and five hours from New York.
Costa Rica flights are affordable and frequent with American Airlines providing the majority of these routes. The diverse scenery of the country leaves visitors on holidays in Costa Rica with a lifetime of memories and a range of experiences they will find hard to match elsewhere.
Whether it's a honeymoon experience, a family holiday, or a backpacking trip exploring the trails of forgotten cities, Costa Rica holidays provide travellers with a vast amount of activities, breathtaking views, and welcoming friendly locals.
Known for its 32 environmentally protected national parks, the region oozes eco-friendly attractions and sights as well as, hiking through the unspoilt rainforests, climbing up the active volcanoes, surfing some of the world's best breaks, scuba diving in either the Caribbean or Pacific waters, and splashing about in the refreshing waterfalls.
The natural habitat attracts some of the world's finest species of fauna, animals, and birds and provides visitors with endless opportunities to snap away with their new Christmas-gift cameras to try and capture the moment.
Costa Rica hotels are unique and vary from traditional to luxurious, suiting the range of every budget for travellers on their Costa Rica holidays. As the winter approaches, this is the perfect time to take advantage of the special promotions available to this diverse and vibrant region.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Costa Rica Browse all
Go for the thrills and spills of a naturally rich Central American nation, packed with unforgettable adventures and unique encounters.
- Elegant and comfortable accommodations with quality services that will make your trip an unforgettable experience
- Includes a guided hiking tour through the rainforest with a lot of insight about flora, fauna and the volcano's history
- Learn more about Costa Rica with unique experience of the guided hiking tour, Arenal Volcano National Park Nature Walk, Doka Coffee Tour and much more to explore Edit
Explore the peaceful oasis that is Costa Rica and enjoy various activities that make for an unforgettable holiday
- A journey of discovery to an eco -tourist dream destination
- This unique experience of canopy walkways allows you to experience the virgin cloud forest treetops. Through a bridge system you can marvel at the world's most amazing and beautiful flora and fauna
- San Jose, Arenal, and the conservation project in Monteverde
Located on the stunning Papagayo Peninsula in Guanacaste
- After booking a minimum of a 3 night stay in a Preferred Club room, guests will receive a welcome bottle of sparkling wine & fresh fruit, one mimosa breakfast in bed to be booked upon arrival and romantic turndown service one night during stay
- Enjoy activities galore including water aerobics, walks, themed nights, movies, cooking, volleyball, pilates and more.
- Choose between 3 romantic wedding packages, all including wedding cake, sparkling wine toast, honeymoon package, and free anniversary nights.
- Enjoy all-inclusive at an array of a la carte restaurants, or enjoy 24 hour room service.
An eco-tourist's dream - embark on an amazing journey of discovery with the perfect combination of comfort and adventure in tropical Costa Rica.
- Explore the amazing country of Costa Rica and discover all it's gems on this in depth tour with a fabulous beach stay
- During this tour you will experience various unique inclusions including a fantastic stay in tented accommodation under the stars in Arenal
- Enjoy various activities and exploration on this holiday including river rafting and much more with various optional tours to add
Costa Rica is a tropical paradise with misty volcanoes, wild rivers and verdant jungles teeming with wildlife, it's an...
Costa Rica is a tropical paradise with misty volcanoes, wild rivers and verdant jungles teeming with wildlife - it's an...
Costa Rica Tropical Adventure allows you to explore the country's many spectacular, natural sights with misty volcanoes,...
âââCosta Rica is a tropical paradise with misty volcanoes, wild rivers and verdant jungles teeming with wildlife -...
Embrace the rich diversity of Costa Rica and open your doors to new experiences as you venture to San Jose for a...
Overview Costa Ricans will all agree that the Caribbean side of the country has a culture of its own. Coconut in every...