Escape the winter blues with Costa Rica holidays
For travellers looking to escape the cold winter months, Costa Rica is one of the most popular affordable holiday destinations with its friendly locals, warm climate, and outstanding natural scenery, providing an experience visitors will never forget.
As the festive season approaches, purse strings are tightened and clothes are layered as we prepare for the winter months. A great way to escape the plummeting temperatures and enjoy value-for-money travel is to take Costa Rica holidays this winter.
Located in Central America between Nicaragua and Panama, the region offers travellers on Costa Rica holidays a wonderful climate and stunning scenery made up of active volcanoes, mountains, rainforests, miles of sandy beaches and epic surf conditions.
Named the "Happiest Country in the World" by the New Economics Foundation, Costa Rica is becoming an increasingly popular holiday destination from travellers all over the world as well as its neighbours in America.
The region's close proximity to the United States enable it be an ideal place for a quick break or a longer, relaxing stay and is just a two and half hour flight from Miami, six hours from Los Angeles, and five hours from New York.
Costa Rica flights are affordable and frequent with American Airlines providing the majority of these routes. The diverse scenery of the country leaves visitors on holidays in Costa Rica with a lifetime of memories and a range of experiences they will find hard to match elsewhere.
Whether it's a honeymoon experience, a family holiday, or a backpacking trip exploring the trails of forgotten cities, Costa Rica holidays provide travellers with a vast amount of activities, breathtaking views, and welcoming friendly locals.
Known for its 32 environmentally protected national parks, the region oozes eco-friendly attractions and sights as well as, hiking through the unspoilt rainforests, climbing up the active volcanoes, surfing some of the world's best breaks, scuba diving in either the Caribbean or Pacific waters, and splashing about in the refreshing waterfalls.
The natural habitat attracts some of the world's finest species of fauna, animals, and birds and provides visitors with endless opportunities to snap away with their new Christmas-gift cameras to try and capture the moment.
Costa Rica hotels are unique and vary from traditional to luxurious, suiting the range of every budget for travellers on their Costa Rica holidays. As the winter approaches, this is the perfect time to take advantage of the special promotions available to this diverse and vibrant region.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Costa Rica Browse all
You are sure to marvel at nature's treasures in Costa Rica, a paradise of lush forests, crystal coves, fine-sand beaches and exotic wildlife
- Marvel at Costa Rica's array of stunning settings, including forests, volcanic cliffs, beaches.
- Try snorkelling, kayaking, tennis, bocce ball, chess, access to a scuba clinic & more
- Relish unlimited Costa Rican and world cuisines in 4 and restaurants and 4 bars
Surrounding the resort is an up-and-coming surf community, which offers guests with a variety of exciting tours and excursions
- Explorer's Club for kids and Core Zone for teens, while adults can relax by the poolside, enjoy a romantic dinner by the beach or unwind at Dreams Spa by Pevonia
- Perfect location to enjoy nature at its finest, a country renowned for its beaches, volcanoes, and biodiversity
- Spoil yourself with Unlimited-Luxury; gourmet dining options, limitless top-shelf spirits, 24-hour room service and much more all included
Admire Costa Rica's cloud rainforest, climb a volcano, explore verdant grounds on a coffee plantation and relax on a beautiful beach at the end of it all
- Relax and enjoy a beach retreat at Guanacaste after your immersive tour
- Experience Arenal Volcano with its rich fauna and flora
- Enjoy a coffee tour, witness an active volcano and bathe on the Pacific coast
The perfect combination of culture, history and nature with some added downtime at the end to enjoy one of the world's best beaches
- Visit the country's famous shoreline, cloud rainforests, volcano and the charming capital of San Jose
- Tour includes: San Jose City Tour, Sky Walk on Hanging Bridges, Buena Vista hot springs and mud baths, nature walk to La Pava and Salitral Waterfalls, horseback riding and more
- Relax at the hot springs and mud baths, and try your hand at zip lining, horseback riding or river tubing
Costa Rica Tropical Adventure allows you to explore the country's many spectacular, natural sights with misty volcanoes,...
Explore the tropical paradise that is Costa Rica with it's misty volcanoes, wild rivers and verdant jungles teeming with...
The Hidden Jewels of Costa Rica Tour lets you explore the tropical paradise of Costa Rica and all of it's most...
The best holiday experience awaits for you at Palma Real Hotel & Casino in Costa Rica. Located just 5 minutes away from...
Country Inns & Suites in San Jose is located in the middle of everything, close to the shopping and attractions of the...
Located just a short walk from the city's main avenue and downtown, Park Inn by Radisson is a perfect base for exploring...