Air Mauritius wins Indian Ocean's Leading Airline Award for third year running
Passengers planning on taking Mauritius holidays with Air Mauritius will be pleased to discover they will now be travelling with an award-winning airline for the third year running, thanks to the World Travel Awards 2009.
Air Mauritius were the winners of the Indian Ocean's Leading Airline title for the third year in a row at this year's World Travel Awards, which are known for being the "Oscars" of the global travel industry.
The prestigious ceremony took place at the Grosvenor House hotel in London earlier this month and awarded prizes to travel companies, operators, airlines, hotels, and resorts from regions across the world.
Battling it out for this Indian Ocean airline category were South African Airways, Air France, Air Madagascar, Air Seychelles, and Air Austral, but the prize was scooped by Air Mauritius once again who excelled in providing flights for travellers on Mauritius holidays.
Executive Vice President, World Travel Awards, Ms. Manon Han, said:
"Air Mauritius is this year's winner of the Indian Ocean's Leading Airline award. Voted for by tens of thousands of travel professionals worldwide, this is a true testament to the continued efforts of the team at Air Mauritius and demonstrates excellence in customer service and guest satisfaction - despite challenging times for the travel industry. It has been just 12 months since Air Mauritius revealed its new corporate identity; the national carrier's continued enhancements and cabin upgrades have paid off and we congratulate Air Mauritius on being named Indian Ocean's Leading Airline".
Air Mauritius provides a number of return flights to Mauritius and other Indian Ocean destinations for travellers taking luxury holidays and the airline has now proved their sustainability within the travel sector in this region.
Mr. Manoj R K Ujoodha, G.O.S.K., Air Mauritius CEO commented:
"Air Mauritius is proud to be recognized by renowned travel specialists as part of the select club of the greatest airlines of the world. I would like to dedicate this award to all our shareholders, in particular the Government of Mauritius for their unflinching support to and their trust in the national airline; to our customers and travel/tourism partners for their loyalty to Air Mauritius and for being our best advocates; to all my colleagues for their dedication and hard work through these testing times and to all Mauritians as they continue to trust Air Mauritius to serve them in its national role."
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Exclusive discount to the eco-archaeological Xcaret Park
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars & access to 5 Swimming Pools
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride through Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal, experience traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide
Stay at the luxurious Dreams resort with various benefits including a room upgrade to make your holiday extra special
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Enjoy moonlit themed parties, great music shows and outdoor cinema screenings on the beach
- A wide choice of a la carte themed restaurants and chic bars ensure there is something to suit everyone
- The Explorer's Kids Club has a fully supervised children's programme with various different activities
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Despite having opened its doors to guests in 2008, this boutique hotel has been around for much longer as it once was a...