Air Mauritius wins Indian Ocean's Leading Airline Award for third year running
Passengers planning on taking Mauritius holidays with Air Mauritius will be pleased to discover they will now be travelling with an award-winning airline for the third year running, thanks to the World Travel Awards 2009.
Air Mauritius were the winners of the Indian Ocean's Leading Airline title for the third year in a row at this year's World Travel Awards, which are known for being the "Oscars" of the global travel industry.
The prestigious ceremony took place at the Grosvenor House hotel in London earlier this month and awarded prizes to travel companies, operators, airlines, hotels, and resorts from regions across the world.
Battling it out for this Indian Ocean airline category were South African Airways, Air France, Air Madagascar, Air Seychelles, and Air Austral, but the prize was scooped by Air Mauritius once again who excelled in providing flights for travellers on Mauritius holidays.
Executive Vice President, World Travel Awards, Ms. Manon Han, said:
"Air Mauritius is this year's winner of the Indian Ocean's Leading Airline award. Voted for by tens of thousands of travel professionals worldwide, this is a true testament to the continued efforts of the team at Air Mauritius and demonstrates excellence in customer service and guest satisfaction - despite challenging times for the travel industry. It has been just 12 months since Air Mauritius revealed its new corporate identity; the national carrier's continued enhancements and cabin upgrades have paid off and we congratulate Air Mauritius on being named Indian Ocean's Leading Airline".
Air Mauritius provides a number of return flights to Mauritius and other Indian Ocean destinations for travellers taking luxury holidays and the airline has now proved their sustainability within the travel sector in this region.
Mr. Manoj R K Ujoodha, G.O.S.K., Air Mauritius CEO commented:
"Air Mauritius is proud to be recognized by renowned travel specialists as part of the select club of the greatest airlines of the world. I would like to dedicate this award to all our shareholders, in particular the Government of Mauritius for their unflinching support to and their trust in the national airline; to our customers and travel/tourism partners for their loyalty to Air Mauritius and for being our best advocates; to all my colleagues for their dedication and hard work through these testing times and to all Mauritians as they continue to trust Air Mauritius to serve them in its national role."
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride through Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal, experience traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Private tour visiting many great cities such as Sigiriya, Polonnaruwa and Kandy
- English speaking chauffer guide for the Entire Round Tour
- Enjoy the game drive through Minneriya National Park which is a home to sambar deer, leopards and elephants and features the ancient Minneriya Tank
- The Highlights of Sri Lanka Private Tour showcases some of the most interesting cultural and historic sites in the world
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
A modern, stylish and affordable Abu Dhabi hotel conveniently located in within easy access to the Abu Dhabi Airport as...