Air Mauritius wins Indian Ocean's Leading Airline Award for third year running
Passengers planning on taking Mauritius holidays with Air Mauritius will be pleased to discover they will now be travelling with an award-winning airline for the third year running, thanks to the World Travel Awards 2009.
Air Mauritius were the winners of the Indian Ocean's Leading Airline title for the third year in a row at this year's World Travel Awards, which are known for being the "Oscars" of the global travel industry.
The prestigious ceremony took place at the Grosvenor House hotel in London earlier this month and awarded prizes to travel companies, operators, airlines, hotels, and resorts from regions across the world.
Battling it out for this Indian Ocean airline category were South African Airways, Air France, Air Madagascar, Air Seychelles, and Air Austral, but the prize was scooped by Air Mauritius once again who excelled in providing flights for travellers on Mauritius holidays.
Executive Vice President, World Travel Awards, Ms. Manon Han, said:
"Air Mauritius is this year's winner of the Indian Ocean's Leading Airline award. Voted for by tens of thousands of travel professionals worldwide, this is a true testament to the continued efforts of the team at Air Mauritius and demonstrates excellence in customer service and guest satisfaction - despite challenging times for the travel industry. It has been just 12 months since Air Mauritius revealed its new corporate identity; the national carrier's continued enhancements and cabin upgrades have paid off and we congratulate Air Mauritius on being named Indian Ocean's Leading Airline".
Air Mauritius provides a number of return flights to Mauritius and other Indian Ocean destinations for travellers taking luxury holidays and the airline has now proved their sustainability within the travel sector in this region.
Mr. Manoj R K Ujoodha, G.O.S.K., Air Mauritius CEO commented:
"Air Mauritius is proud to be recognized by renowned travel specialists as part of the select club of the greatest airlines of the world. I would like to dedicate this award to all our shareholders, in particular the Government of Mauritius for their unflinching support to and their trust in the national airline; to our customers and travel/tourism partners for their loyalty to Air Mauritius and for being our best advocates; to all my colleagues for their dedication and hard work through these testing times and to all Mauritians as they continue to trust Air Mauritius to serve them in its national role."
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Free upgrade to half board on selected dates and two children stay free when sharing with parents
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride in Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal in Agra, experience a feast to remember with a traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- An English-Speaking local Guide will take you around the sightseeing & excursion tours as per the itinerary
Stretching along a blessed mile of powdery soft sands, this all-inclusive resort is the perfect place for endless family fun.
- The Kids Club has an outdoor playground and kids-only pool while the Teen Centre for over 13s offers a great variety of fun activities
- Enjoy a FREE glass bottom boat trip, island jeep safari and island coach tour
- Fantastic location 30 minutes to Bridgetown, 5 minutes to Speightstown and 15 minutes to Holetown, there is plenty to explore around the Almond Beach Resort
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Located by the picturesque St. Paul's Bay, Porto Azzurro Hotel is only 10 minutes away from Malta's main sandy beaches...
Located on the Atlantic coast at the mouth of the Souss Valley, Agadir is Morocco’s slice of coastal cool....
Offering superb accommodation with a wide range of facilities, Yas Island Rotana is conveniently located on the...