Rezidor Praised for Rapid Growth and Expansion with New Africa hotels
Rezidor has recently been at the receiving end of much praise due to its ongoing rapid expansion through Africa with the opening of 21 Africa hotels in 5 different countries. The company was officially honoured at the Hospitality Investment Conference
At the latest Hospitally Investment Confrerence Africa (HICA) Rezidor received special praise as the fastest growing hotelier opening new Africa hotels and were honoured for maintaining their ongoing commitment to the infrastructure of Africa holidays.
The Belgium-based firm, part Swedish, part American and presided by Kurt Curtis since 1989 is one of the world’s fastest growing hotel companies and it has indeed proved to be an ambitious in the Africa holidays market with the opening of 21 Africa hotels (already opened or under development) in 5 different African countries between January 2007 and March 2009.
At the conference held from the 4th to the 6th November 2009Andrew McLachlan, the group’s Vice President Business Development for Africa & the Indian Ocean Islands, was given the prestigious ‘Mover & Shaker’ award. The HICA prize is awarded to an individual who through their skills, ingenuity and energy has already had an extraordinary impact in the industry, and recognises his outstanding leadership role and contribution to hospitality investment in Africa.
Over the building period between 2007 and 2009 the Rezidor portfolio expanded bringing new properties to Angola holidays, Ethiopia holidays, Kenya holidays, Mali holidays, Nigeria holidays, Mozambique holidays, Zambia holidays and South Africa holidays under McLachlan’s headship.
The Hospitality Investment Conference Africa, is an annual event on the local and international hospitality and investment calendar. This year’s event was hosted by the Tourism Business Council of South Africa (TBCSA), in association with the conference’s founding partners and the Department of Environmental Affairs & Tourism of South Africa.
The event proved to be a big success and was attended by the South African Minister of Tourism, Marthinus van Schalkwyk. Mmatsatsi Marobe, CEO Tourism Business Council of South Africa, stated on the HICA website:
“His attendance serves as confirmation of his commitment to promoting investment opportunities for South Africa and the continent as a whole. The department’s continued support for the conference, as well as the launch of the South African Tourism Investment Portfolio for 2009 at HICA serves as further confirmation”.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Africa Browse all
Look out onto the powdery beach or take a stroll into the town centre, all at your own pace
- An excellent array of activities available including dance lessons, football, bowling and water sports
- Close proximity to 3 nearby golf courses and only a short stroll away from the Souk Al Had shopping district with its lovely cafes and traditional boutiques
- Daily live entertainment and shows, and a children and teens club make this perfect for families
Go for the experience of lifetime on this self-driven Kruger route - a classical tour that offers something for everyone with magical views along the way.
- The package includes accommodation in carefully selected 4* properties, meals as well as car hire including a GPS during your entire journey
- The tour is 7 nights and 8 days long with insights into the history of South Africa, cultural diversity, adventure, scenic beauty and unforgettable safaris
- Enjoy 4 game drives including morning and afternoon safaris to see elephants, leopards, lions, rhinos, cheetahs, hippos and many more animals
Relaxing and unforgetable experince with 11 nights tour including an excellent range of facilities
- Experience the fruitful lifestyle of the Cape Region
- Discover the spectacular landscapes of the Kruger region
- Travel to Karongwe Private Game Reserve to get exclusive access, day and night, to a wide range of animals including the "Big Five"
From the amazing Blyde River Canyon to the iconic table Mountain, this tour has it all!
- Explore the underground Cango Caves at Oudtshoorn
- Visit a real Chief's village in Swaziland
- Go in search of Africa's 'Big Five' in Kruger National Park
The Oberoi Sahl Hasheesh is a luxurious all-suite resort located in Hurghada on Egypt's Red Sea Coast. This secluded...
Tour Summary South Africa is one of the most diverse countries in the world, a place where you will find exotic...
Overview South Africa is one of the most diverse countries in the world, a place where you will find exotic...
HIGHLIGHTS TOUR SAFARI, WINELANDS & CAPE TOWN South Africa is one of the most diverse countries in the world, a place...
Despite having opened its doors to guests in 2008, this boutique hotel has been around for much longer as it once was a...
Oozing Moroccan charm through all its pores, this elegant and picturesque boutique hotel and "maison" sitting...
Situated outside the city in a quiet and uplifting location by the seaside, the Ezzahra Dar Tunis enjoys a wonderfully...