Sandals Hotels and Resorts triumph at World Travel Awards ceremony
Sandals Resorts have been celebrating after receiving a series of awards at the prestigious World Travel Awards Ceremony, which honoured the company's success in providing luxury resorts, accommodation, and experiences for travellers on Caribbean holidays
The 2009 World Travel Awards Caribbean Ceremony saw Sandals Resorts scoop nine awards for its service in providing travellers with impressive Caribbean holidays.
With a number of resorts and accommodation across the Caribbean region, Sandals Resorts provide a wide range of luxury holidays including Dominican Republic, Bahamas, Jamaica, Cuba, St. Lucia, and Antigua holidays.
Now one of the leading providers of Caribbean holidays, Sandals Resorts picked up awards for the Caribbean's Leading Hotel Brand and the Caribbean's Leading Family All-inclusive. The Caribbean Awards Ceremony was held at the Grosvenor House Hotel in London and included regional awards for South America, the Indian Ocean, Australasia, and Asia.
Referred to as the ‘Oscars' of the global travel and tourism sector, the World Travel Awards determine the best holidays resorts, hotels, operators, airlines, and travel companies within each individual region of the world. With 200 categories and 3000 travel companies nominated for the prestigious awards, prizes were awarded right across the board from customer service, to overall business performance.
President of World Travel Awards, Graham Cooke, said:
"The past 12 months have brought several challenges, namely the economic downturn and the outbreak of swine flu, which has impacted travel and tourism worldwide; today's winners have remained focused on their long term objectives, and continued to deliver above and beyond the call of duty, setting an industry example."
"This year's winners can display the official World Travel Awards symbol with pride on their sales and marketing literature, offering travellers a cast-iron assurance that what they are buying is a guarantee of travel excellence."
Other award winners in the Caribbean holidays section included Air Jamaica, Caribbean's Leading Airline; Jamaica, Caribbean's Leading Destination; and Trafalgar Travel, Caribbean's Leading Travel Agency
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride in Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal in Agra, experience a feast to remember with a traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide will take you around the sightseeing & excursion tours as per the itinerary
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
Fun and relaxation for all the family - there's something for everyone at Laguna Beach, come and discover it for yourself.
- Romantic boutique hotel at the beautiful Fisherman's Cove
- Winner of TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence for three years in a row
- Complimentary watersport like glass bottom boat, windsurfing, kayaks, snorkeling and more
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Uncover the charms of India as you spend eight days touring some of its most important touristic sites. The Golden...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The 4* Ramada Deira hotel boasts comfortable, modern and grand interiors and facilities, as well as easy access to the...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...