Sandals Hotels and Resorts triumph at World Travel Awards ceremony
Sandals Resorts have been celebrating after receiving a series of awards at the prestigious World Travel Awards Ceremony, which honoured the company's success in providing luxury resorts, accommodation, and experiences for travellers on Caribbean holidays
The 2009 World Travel Awards Caribbean Ceremony saw Sandals Resorts scoop nine awards for its service in providing travellers with impressive Caribbean holidays.
With a number of resorts and accommodation across the Caribbean region, Sandals Resorts provide a wide range of luxury holidays including Dominican Republic, Bahamas, Jamaica, Cuba, St. Lucia, and Antigua holidays.
Now one of the leading providers of Caribbean holidays, Sandals Resorts picked up awards for the Caribbean's Leading Hotel Brand and the Caribbean's Leading Family All-inclusive. The Caribbean Awards Ceremony was held at the Grosvenor House Hotel in London and included regional awards for South America, the Indian Ocean, Australasia, and Asia.
Referred to as the ‘Oscars' of the global travel and tourism sector, the World Travel Awards determine the best holidays resorts, hotels, operators, airlines, and travel companies within each individual region of the world. With 200 categories and 3000 travel companies nominated for the prestigious awards, prizes were awarded right across the board from customer service, to overall business performance.
President of World Travel Awards, Graham Cooke, said:
"The past 12 months have brought several challenges, namely the economic downturn and the outbreak of swine flu, which has impacted travel and tourism worldwide; today's winners have remained focused on their long term objectives, and continued to deliver above and beyond the call of duty, setting an industry example."
"This year's winners can display the official World Travel Awards symbol with pride on their sales and marketing literature, offering travellers a cast-iron assurance that what they are buying is a guarantee of travel excellence."
Other award winners in the Caribbean holidays section included Air Jamaica, Caribbean's Leading Airline; Jamaica, Caribbean's Leading Destination; and Trafalgar Travel, Caribbean's Leading Travel Agency
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Stay at the luxurious Dreams resort with various benefits including a room upgrade to make your holiday extra special
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Enjoy moonlit themed parties, great music shows and outdoor cinema screenings on the beach
- A wide choice of a la carte themed restaurants and chic bars ensure there is something to suit everyone
- The Explorer's Kids Club has a fully supervised children's programme with various different activities
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Take a unique journey aboard the Eastern and Oriental Express, travelling from the streets of Bangkok through to the...
Discover the unspoilt beauty of central Bali with a stay at the Plataran Ubud where you can gaze out across stunning...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...