Sandals Hotels and Resorts triumph at World Travel Awards ceremony
Sandals Resorts have been celebrating after receiving a series of awards at the prestigious World Travel Awards Ceremony, which honoured the company's success in providing luxury resorts, accommodation, and experiences for travellers on Caribbean holidays
The 2009 World Travel Awards Caribbean Ceremony saw Sandals Resorts scoop nine awards for its service in providing travellers with impressive Caribbean holidays.
With a number of resorts and accommodation across the Caribbean region, Sandals Resorts provide a wide range of luxury holidays including Dominican Republic, Bahamas, Jamaica, Cuba, St. Lucia, and Antigua holidays.
Now one of the leading providers of Caribbean holidays, Sandals Resorts picked up awards for the Caribbean's Leading Hotel Brand and the Caribbean's Leading Family All-inclusive. The Caribbean Awards Ceremony was held at the Grosvenor House Hotel in London and included regional awards for South America, the Indian Ocean, Australasia, and Asia.
Referred to as the ‘Oscars' of the global travel and tourism sector, the World Travel Awards determine the best holidays resorts, hotels, operators, airlines, and travel companies within each individual region of the world. With 200 categories and 3000 travel companies nominated for the prestigious awards, prizes were awarded right across the board from customer service, to overall business performance.
President of World Travel Awards, Graham Cooke, said:
"The past 12 months have brought several challenges, namely the economic downturn and the outbreak of swine flu, which has impacted travel and tourism worldwide; today's winners have remained focused on their long term objectives, and continued to deliver above and beyond the call of duty, setting an industry example."
"This year's winners can display the official World Travel Awards symbol with pride on their sales and marketing literature, offering travellers a cast-iron assurance that what they are buying is a guarantee of travel excellence."
Other award winners in the Caribbean holidays section included Air Jamaica, Caribbean's Leading Airline; Jamaica, Caribbean's Leading Destination; and Trafalgar Travel, Caribbean's Leading Travel Agency
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Make your trip to Phuket one to remember at romantic and secluded Rawai beach
- Head to Promthep Cape for the most beautiful sunset in Thailand
- Relaxing location close to the beach
- Free shuttle services to Ya Nui beach, Nai Harn beach and Kata beach
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride through Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal, experience traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide
An eco-tourist's dream - embark on an amazing journey of discovery with the perfect combination of comfort and adventure in tropical Costa Rica.
- Explore the amazing country of Costa Rica and discover all it's gems on this in depth tour with a fabulous beach stay
- During this tour you will experience various unique inclusions including a fantastic stay in tented accommodation under the stars in Arenal
- Enjoy various activities and exploration on this holiday including river rafting and much more with various optional tours to add
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Despite having opened its doors to guests in 2008, this boutique hotel has been around for much longer as it once was a...