Emirates Ranks Highest in an International Airline Study
The prestigious Middle Eastern airline Emirates was recently ranked at the top of the "Global-Local Monitor" list of airline websites, a list who assessed how well a site is localised or adapted to local language culture.
The already prestigious and award-winning Middle Eastern airline Emirates, taking worldwide passengers to wonderful Dubai holidays has just been ranked highest in a list of the best adapted airline websites globally.
“When facing a global audience, localising your Web site in all aspects is key to maximizing the user’s experience. Translation alone does not equal localisation, and ensuring designs that respect cultural awareness is quite important. By not localising sites, global organisations risk reduced task completion and conversion rates and increased customer support costs,” explains Anna Haywood, Senior Consultant at Serco ExperienceLab (UK).
This year the User Experience Alliance (UXalliance), a global network of leading user research firms, celebrated World Usability Day by unveiling the preliminary findings of the first “Global-Local Monitor” conducted on airline Web sites.
The Global-Local Monitor assesses how well a site is localized or adapted to local language and culture. Localization is based on factors such as the proper use of local languages, character sets, weights and measures, currencies, dates and times, and culturally sensitive imagery. In this case, how well an airline’s Web site is localized could measurably impact their customer’s ability to complete travel bookings or find important information. Ultimately it impacts brand perception and sales.
The Global-Local Monitor for airlines drew upon the talents and expertise of over 70 user experience professionals from 17 countries across Asia, Europe and the Americas; this is the broadest systematic localization review ever conducted by user experience professionals. The Global-Local airline monitor involved five local user experience experts in each country, each reviewing the ten Web sites on 30 localization criteria.
The ten Web sites surveyed were those shortlisted for the Skytrax Airline of the Year Award, which annually rates airline performance by more than 16 million air travelers.
The UXalliance investigated whether the airlines recognized by their outstanding service in the air also deliver that same outstanding service in their online customer experience to users in various locations around the world.
The findings reveal that, out of the world’s ten top-rated airlines, Emirates, Quantas and Qatar Airways rated highest in terms of meeting of the needs of local users around the world. The determining success factors were information in the local language, culturally appropriate character sets, colors schemes and imagery, and well-localized calendar formats. The airlines that rated lowest tended to be less developed or representative of the local markets. The full localization ratings and rankings were as follows:
Through their extensive experience in global user research, the UXalliance knows that companies that do a great job in localizing their sites have a higher probability of connecting with their customers and maximizing the profitability of their local Web sites.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Make your trip to Phuket one to remember at romantic and secluded Rawai beach
- Perfect for families or couples searching for their own slice of paradise
- Free shuttle services to Ya Nui beach, Nai Harn beach and Kata beach
- Free upgrade to Deluxe Pool View
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Do the castaway experience in style and live your Robinson Crusoe dream
- Lose yourself in over 3 km of pristine beaches and aquamarine lagoons
- Beautiful bungalows nestled in the tropical gardens or on the beach, right over the lagoon
- Sample mouth-watering delights at a wide selection of dining options from flavours of the Orient to Mediterranean delights
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
A warm welcome awaits you behind the striking geometric façade of Holiday Inn Express Dubai-Jumeirah, 20 minutes by taxi...
Experience luxurious accommodations, modern business and leisure amenities and an ideal location in the heart of Abu...