Emirates Ranks Highest in an International Airline Study
The prestigious Middle Eastern airline Emirates was recently ranked at the top of the "Global-Local Monitor" list of airline websites, a list who assessed how well a site is localised or adapted to local language culture.
The already prestigious and award-winning Middle Eastern airline Emirates, taking worldwide passengers to wonderful Dubai holidays has just been ranked highest in a list of the best adapted airline websites globally.
“When facing a global audience, localising your Web site in all aspects is key to maximizing the user’s experience. Translation alone does not equal localisation, and ensuring designs that respect cultural awareness is quite important. By not localising sites, global organisations risk reduced task completion and conversion rates and increased customer support costs,” explains Anna Haywood, Senior Consultant at Serco ExperienceLab (UK).
This year the User Experience Alliance (UXalliance), a global network of leading user research firms, celebrated World Usability Day by unveiling the preliminary findings of the first “Global-Local Monitor” conducted on airline Web sites.
The Global-Local Monitor assesses how well a site is localized or adapted to local language and culture. Localization is based on factors such as the proper use of local languages, character sets, weights and measures, currencies, dates and times, and culturally sensitive imagery. In this case, how well an airline’s Web site is localized could measurably impact their customer’s ability to complete travel bookings or find important information. Ultimately it impacts brand perception and sales.
The Global-Local Monitor for airlines drew upon the talents and expertise of over 70 user experience professionals from 17 countries across Asia, Europe and the Americas; this is the broadest systematic localization review ever conducted by user experience professionals. The Global-Local airline monitor involved five local user experience experts in each country, each reviewing the ten Web sites on 30 localization criteria.
The ten Web sites surveyed were those shortlisted for the Skytrax Airline of the Year Award, which annually rates airline performance by more than 16 million air travelers.
The UXalliance investigated whether the airlines recognized by their outstanding service in the air also deliver that same outstanding service in their online customer experience to users in various locations around the world.
The findings reveal that, out of the world’s ten top-rated airlines, Emirates, Quantas and Qatar Airways rated highest in terms of meeting of the needs of local users around the world. The determining success factors were information in the local language, culturally appropriate character sets, colors schemes and imagery, and well-localized calendar formats. The airlines that rated lowest tended to be less developed or representative of the local markets. The full localization ratings and rankings were as follows:
Through their extensive experience in global user research, the UXalliance knows that companies that do a great job in localizing their sites have a higher probability of connecting with their customers and maximizing the profitability of their local Web sites.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Exclusive discount to the eco-archaeological Xcaret Park
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars & access to 5 Swimming Pools
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride in Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal in Agra, experience a feast to remember with a traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide will take you around the sightseeing & excursion tours as per the itinerary
- Book before 31st January 2017 and get an exclusive complimentary upgrade to Half Board
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Uncover the charms of India as you spend eight days touring some of its most important touristic sites. The Golden...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The 4* Ramada Deira hotel boasts comfortable, modern and grand interiors and facilities, as well as easy access to the...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...