Qatar Airways Celebrates New Service to India holidays
After a month of Qatar's latest service to India in Punjab starting on October 12 and the following of Goa services 2 weeks later, Qatar Airways wants to celebrate reaffirming its commitment to India praising local authorities for their help.
After their addition of new routes serving India holidays over the last weeks, Qatar Airways wants to celebrate and reaffirm their commitment to India whilst praising the local authorities for their help in strengthening the air links between the State of Qatar and popular India cities like their new Goa and Punjab routes and their older ones including Doha, Dheli, Mumbai, Chennai, Hyderabad, Ahmedabad, Trivandrum, Cochin and Kozhikode.
According to Chief Executive Officer Akbar Al Baker, India holidays remain, and will continue to be, a key market for Qatar Airways to service as part of the airline’s long-term commitment to one of the fastest growing economies in the world. Speaking in the northern Indian city of Jalandhar today to celebrate the recent launch of flights to nearby Amritsar, Al Baker said India holidays were the largest single market served by the airline.
“Qatar and India share a very special relationship and friendship and we applaud the local authorities for developing air links to this country over the years and help spread our award-winning Five Star service to more points. This has helped Qatar Airways facilitate trade and business between the two countries and beyond, as well as providing a vital air bridge connecting friends and family between India and rest of the world."
Qatar Airways’ maiden flight to the northern Indian state of Punjab landed in the holy city of Amritsar on October 12. Two weeks later, the airline launched scheduled flights to take travellers to Goa holidays, heralding the arrival of Qatar Airways as the only full-service scheduled global carrier to both destinations.
With Amritsar and Goa holidays both served four-times-a-week from the airline’s Doha hub, Qatar Airways has increased capacity to India to 64 flights a week spread across 10 cities. These include daily non-stop flights between Doha and Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, Hyderabad, Ahmedabad, Trivandrum, Cochin and Kozhikode.
“Our new Amritsar flights will greatly help commerce and industry in the city and the neighbouring business capitals of Jalandhar, Ludhiana and Chandigarh for the export of textiles, sports goods and food, manufactured and produced in Punjab, to the Middle East and beyond.”
Qatar Airways will celebrate the Amritsar flights with an outdoor gala dinner held at Bath Castle in Jalandhar later this evening.
Home to the Golden Temple – the holy place of worship for Sikhs – Al Baker explained that the Amritsar route would cater for the well travelled Punjabi community worldwide.
“Punjabis have firmly established their home and work in cities across the world, yet have had very limited air access to Punjab for many years with the main option being to fly into Delhi and travel by road or train for the long journey to this part of north India.
“We are delighted to offer this new flight and make it more convenient and accessible for the travelling public.”
“We have a robust long-term strategy to continue developing our modern fleet and opening up new routes, undeterred by the current economic situation worldwide,” he added.
“Following the launch of flights to Amritsar and Goa, we look forward to beginning services to Australia on December 6 with non-stop flights between Doha and Melbourne."
Qatar Airways currently operates a modern fleet of 71 aircraft to 84 destinations across Europe, Middle East, Africa, South Asia, Far East and North America.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Indulge in the finer things in life at a luxury five-star retreat and enjoy rocking the night away
- The location on Cancun's tranquil southern shore, provides the perfect rejuivinating base for exploring Cancun.
- The resort is home to one of only two Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Courses in Cancun.
- Enjoy the array of activities including surfing, golf, dolphin swims, tours, spa treatments and much more.
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Despite having opened its doors to guests in 2008, this boutique hotel has been around for much longer as it once was a...