Virgin Atlantic Earns More Praise with New "Best Airline" Award
The prestigious and world acclaimed British Airline Virgin Atlantic has done it again by scooping yet another "Best Airline Award", this time the title was awarded due to the airline's success at winning a haul of many travel awards in 2009.
The popular British carrier taking many to Caribbean holidays and Cuba holidays has scooped yet another award as “Best Airline” to add to its long list of prizes and titles earned throughout 2009. The new reconfirming title setting it unshakably at the top of the list of worldwide airlines was awarded due to Virgin’s recent success with a haul of travel industry award. In short, this latest “Best Airline” award was given in recognition of the many other travel awards the company has received in 2009, which include:
• “Best Scheduled Airline - Long Haul” – British Travel Awards
• “Best Business/First Class” – British Travel Awards
• “Best Transatlantic Airline” – World Travel Awards
• “World’s Best Advert” award - World Travel Awards
• “Best Airline” - Holiday Extras Awards
As one can easily observe 2009 has been a bumper year for Virgin Atlantic receiving worldwide appraisal and recognition as it picked up awards from Conde Nast Traveller, Sunday Times Travel Magazine UltraTravel, Business Traveller and SkyTrax to name a few.
“These recent awards are testament to Virgin Atlantic’s continued popularity and recognition as the world’s favourite airline. 25 years after our first flight this shows we are still red hot, offering passengers unbeatable and award-winning service on the ground and in the air.” commented Steve Ridgway, Chief executive of Virgin Atlantic.
Flying to many exotic holiday destinations worldwide and servicing as many as 30 long-haul destinations as far apart as Las Vegas and Shanghai, with the most recent addition of new services between Gatwick and Puerto Rico, the airline has pioneered a range of innovations setting new standards of service, which its competitors have subsequently sought to follow. Despite Virgin Atlantic’s growth the service still remains customer driven with an emphasis on value for money, quality, fun and innovation.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Free upgrade to half board on selected dates and two children stay free when sharing with parents
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride in Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal in Agra, experience a feast to remember with a traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- An English-Speaking local Guide will take you around the sightseeing & excursion tours as per the itinerary
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Exclusive discount to the eco-archaeological Xcaret Park
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars & access to 5 Swimming Pools
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
Explore the area and enjoy an easy access to all attractions around Falmouth
- Fully equipped fitness centre, watersport activities, tennis court, golf and themed dining evenings to enjoy
- Within 30 minutes by car from Montego Bay International airport and downtown Montego
- Complimentary Wi-fi throughout the hotel
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Get a true taste of the rich Indonesian culture with a stay across the stunning islands of Bali and Gili Trawangan....
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The 4* Ramada Deira hotel boasts comfortable, modern and grand interiors and facilities, as well as easy access to the...