Virgin Atlantic helps passengers pay their fare share
Virgin Atlantic has done it again, when it comes to innovation this is one airline that doesn't stop the free flow of fresh great ideas for the protection of the environment as well as its customers with a plan to offer travelers better fare taxi rides
When it comes to innovation, Virgin Atlantic is one exceptional leading airline that doesn’t stop the freeflow of fresh new ideas with the aim of always improving the customer’s travel experience. But this is one idea that will not only benefit the traveler but it will furthermore help protect the environment and reduce carbon emissions.
As it turns out Virgin has now with a master idea that consists of setting up a new system under which travelers will be able to share taxi rides with other passengers going to similar destinations, thus reducing the fare for each and keeping carbon emissions to the minimum.
Just today, the leading British airline flying to exotic destinations such as Cuba holidays, announced a unique initiative which will help its passengers find other travelers to share taxi rides into city centers across the world - saving both their wallets and ground carbon emissions. The Taxi2 website will help match passengers who are on the same flight or whose flights arrive at a similar time, and are traveling to a similar part of a city, so they can share the taxi ride.
“We are always looking at ways to help improve our passengers’ journeys and this is a simple initiative which helps them to connect in a clever way. We expect this scheme to be popular with our passengers.” said Dee Cooper, Director of Product and Service, Virgin Atlantic.
All passengers will need to do is log onto http://www.taxi.to and input their flight and destination details (eg. hotel address) and the website will match them with a suitable traveling companion. They are then sent the details of the matched traveler and can decide whether to agree to the match and make arrangements of where to meet upon their flight arrival. Passengers can then print off a convenient Taxi2 sign from the website so they can locate each other at the airport. The system will also match female travelers who only want female traveling companions. The program is not limited to Virgin Atlantic customers and passengers on other airlines can share rides as well.
Ed Maklouf, founder of Taxi2, added: “We are delighted to be partnering with Virgin Atlantic for this scheme, and our expectation is that this simple, sensible way of saving money and cutting down congestion and carbon footprint will become common activity for air travelers worldwide.”
This initiative is just one of many that came out of the VJAM program, which is focused on co-innovating with Virgin Atlantic’s passengers and blending topics that our customers are interested in with opportunities that make travel more social. Other VJAM initiatives will be released over the following months. See http://www.virginatlantic.com/innovationzone for details.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- This resort is a fantastic choice for an exciting family holiday that you will never forget,why not make it extra special by upgrading to visit the amazing Xcaret Park
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars catering to every taste and occasion & access to 5 glorious Swimming Pools
Enjoy Unlimited-Luxury and make the most of the stunning secluded setting at Bavaro beach
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Younger guests get to have limitless fun at the Explorer's Kids Club and the Core Zone Teens' Club.
- Enjoy a host of activities, including tennis, basketball, volleyball, bowling, golf, Horse riding, fishing, aerobics, dance classes, water sports.
- Be dined and wined at a selection of no less than nine restaurants.
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
A modern, stylish and affordable Abu Dhabi hotel conveniently located in within easy access to the Abu Dhabi Airport as...