Etihad Airways signs new codeshare agreement with UK's Flybe
Etihad Airways is offering its UK customers a greater deal of flexibility as it signs a codeshare agreement with Flybe, allowing passengers to fly from a wider range of new regional airports within the UK to Etihad's worldwide destinations.
The award-winning Abu Dhabi-based airline is now offering UK travellers with greater connection services for Abu Dhabi holidays and Dubai holidays, as following a code-share deal with Flybe the airline has just gotten closer to its British customer, allowing them to fly to Etihad’s full range of worldwide destinations from a host of new regional airports within the UK.
The largest regional airline in Europe, Flybe is a UK based company serving a wide range of cities all throughout the UK operating flights to 180 destinations across 13 countries. The airline’s largest base is Southampton Airport with other bases at Manchester, Birmingham and Belfast City airports.
This latest new deal will be helping Etihad by linking, giving air travellers in the UK greater and easier access to the Abu Dhabi-based airline’s rapidly expanding network of more than 55 holiday destinations worldwide, specialising in taking passengers to Abu Dhabi holidays from many airports around the world.
Under the deal, Etihad will place its two-letter ‘EY’ code on a number of services operated by Flybe between Paris, Frankfurt and Manchester and 35 regional airports within the UK. In turn, Flybe will place its ‘BE’ code on Etihad’s flights between the same three destinations and its Abu Dhabi home base.
“The UK is a key market for Etihad Airways and one which we are extremely keen to develop further. Flybe is a well-established and well-run operator with great reach within UK and mainline Europe” said Peter Baumgartner, Etihad Airways’ Chief Commercial Officer.
“This gives air travellers access to a range of regional destinations within the UK previously unavailable to them, while also giving UK fliers greater and much easier access to Etihad’s own expanding international network.” he later added.
Etihad Airways currently flies directly from Abu Dhabi to two destinations within the UK – a three-times-per-day service to London Heathrow and a daily service to Manchester. The new codeshare agreement with Flybe will give Etihad customers access to several regional airports in the UK, including Southampton, Birmingham and Belfast.
Mike Rutter, Flybe Chief Commercial Officer commented: “The agreement with Etihad is an exciting development for Flybe, and we are delighted to be working with such an excellent and well-respected airline. The codeshare is win-win for both airlines. For Flybe, it enables us to outreach to a new and different market, whilst at the same time further facilitating our leisure and business passengers.”
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- This package offers little touches to make your holiday extra special including a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking for adventure or relaxation
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by the clear waters when staying at Melia Varadero
The land of endless natural beauty, with ancient sight and cultural treasure, you'll be sure to embark on a holiday of a lifetime
- Unforgettable experience at Yala Safari
- English speaking chauffer guide during the roundtrip
- Transport in a comfortable vehicle
Uncover the charms of India as you spend eight days touring some of its most important touristic sites. The Golden...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
With all the modern facilities and comforts you would expect from a 4* hotel, this hotel is set within central Al Barsha...
Discover the hidden treasure in Abu Dhabi that is Crowne Plaza in Yas Island. It is the ideal accommodation for those...