Etihad Airways signs new codeshare agreement with UK's Flybe
Etihad Airways is offering its UK customers a greater deal of flexibility as it signs a codeshare agreement with Flybe, allowing passengers to fly from a wider range of new regional airports within the UK to Etihad's worldwide destinations.
The award-winning Abu Dhabi-based airline is now offering UK travellers with greater connection services for Abu Dhabi holidays and Dubai holidays, as following a code-share deal with Flybe the airline has just gotten closer to its British customer, allowing them to fly to Etihad’s full range of worldwide destinations from a host of new regional airports within the UK.
The largest regional airline in Europe, Flybe is a UK based company serving a wide range of cities all throughout the UK operating flights to 180 destinations across 13 countries. The airline’s largest base is Southampton Airport with other bases at Manchester, Birmingham and Belfast City airports.
This latest new deal will be helping Etihad by linking, giving air travellers in the UK greater and easier access to the Abu Dhabi-based airline’s rapidly expanding network of more than 55 holiday destinations worldwide, specialising in taking passengers to Abu Dhabi holidays from many airports around the world.
Under the deal, Etihad will place its two-letter ‘EY’ code on a number of services operated by Flybe between Paris, Frankfurt and Manchester and 35 regional airports within the UK. In turn, Flybe will place its ‘BE’ code on Etihad’s flights between the same three destinations and its Abu Dhabi home base.
“The UK is a key market for Etihad Airways and one which we are extremely keen to develop further. Flybe is a well-established and well-run operator with great reach within UK and mainline Europe” said Peter Baumgartner, Etihad Airways’ Chief Commercial Officer.
“This gives air travellers access to a range of regional destinations within the UK previously unavailable to them, while also giving UK fliers greater and much easier access to Etihad’s own expanding international network.” he later added.
Etihad Airways currently flies directly from Abu Dhabi to two destinations within the UK – a three-times-per-day service to London Heathrow and a daily service to Manchester. The new codeshare agreement with Flybe will give Etihad customers access to several regional airports in the UK, including Southampton, Birmingham and Belfast.
Mike Rutter, Flybe Chief Commercial Officer commented: “The agreement with Etihad is an exciting development for Flybe, and we are delighted to be working with such an excellent and well-respected airline. The codeshare is win-win for both airlines. For Flybe, it enables us to outreach to a new and different market, whilst at the same time further facilitating our leisure and business passengers.”
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- This resort is a fantastic choice for an exciting family holiday that you will never forget,why not make it extra special by upgrading to visit the amazing Xcaret Park
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars catering to every taste and occasion & access to 5 glorious Swimming Pools
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Do the castaway experience in style and live your Robinson Crusoe dream
- Lose yourself in over 3 km of pristine beaches and aquamarine lagoons
- Beautiful bungalows nestled in the tropical gardens or on the beach, right over the lagoon
- Sample mouth-watering delights at a wide selection of dining options from flavours of the Orient to Mediterranean delights
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Fairmont Ajman is surrounded by stunning white sandy beaches and year round sunshine, just 30 minutes from the bustling...