Celebrating Caribbean holidays at this weekend's "Food, Rum & Rhythm" Festival in London
This Saturday 7th November 2009 the Caribbean Tourism Organisation has prepared a fun event to be held at London Bridge with a special 'Food, Rum & Rhythm' festival with music, food and drinks from all over the Caribbean
Caribbean holidays are being celebrated in London with a major ‘Food, Rum & Rhythm’ Festival taking place at London Bridge’s Vinopolis this Saturday 7th November 2009. And the invitation is open to all those curious travellers eager to take in more about the Caribbean culture and sample some of its food, cocktails and music.
This very exciting event will be showcasing the best of Caribbean holidays with different stalls set up for each participating Caribbean country including: Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Cuba, Guadeloupe, Jamaica, Martinique, St. Kitts, St. Lucia, St. Martin, St. Vincent and the Grenadines and Trinidad and Tobago.
This Caribbean extravaganza will be graced by the presence of a very special honour guest, the most famous, award-winning Caribbean Chef: Levis Roots. The famed Jamaican, born British Chef creator of the award-winning “Reggae Reggae” jerk barbeque sauce will be here to do some live cooking demonstrations of the best of authentic Caribbean cuisine, including his signature dish: ‘Reggae Reggae’ Jerk Chicken wings, Caribbean mini patties and his very own Roots Rice.
Organised by the Caribbean Tourism Organisation (CTO) the event will be showcasing tourist boards from each Caribbean country, as well as some exhibiting Caribbean restaurants displaying some of its delectable dishes to the lively rhythms of a live band playing reggae, soca and steel pan.
Sample rums from all over the Caribbean, take the time to explore these Caribbean holiday destinations and learn more about Antigua holidays, Bahamas holidays, Jamaica holidays or St Lucia holidays…they are all here, bringing you a little piece of each country’s sunshine!
Try authentic Caribbean food at the hands of one of the most acclaimed Jamaican Chefs, who is also taking the opportunity to promote his new recipe book: “Reggae Reggae Cookbok”:
“Levi Roots is very much in demand and we are pleased that he has agreed to be part of Food, Rum and Rhythm and to allow those attending an opportunity to meet him and experience his extraordinary talent,” said Carol Hay, the CTO Marketing Director for the UK/Europe.
Also featuring the best of Cuba holidays, at the event visitors will be able to win some amazing prizes as well! There will be a raffle for some Cuba holidays to be won courtesy of the Cuban Tourist Board and Cuba’s national airline: Cubana de Aviacion.
‘Food, Rum & Rhythm’ is part of CTO’s programme to promote Caribbean holidays and spread its charm ahead of World Travel Market (WTM), the UK’s leading tourism trade fair, to be held from 9-12th November 2009. The fair’s main aims are to showcase and celebrate the sights, sounds, colours, cuisine and best rums of the Caribbean and display the a little of what makes Caribbean holidays so special.
The London event will offer visitors the chance to taste a wide selection of Caribbean rums plus a range of local gastronomic specialities from about a dozen exhibiting Caribbean tourist boards, two of London’s Caribbean restaurants plus the promotion of a new Caribbean beach resort as one of the newest Caribbean hotels for luxury holidays.
Sponsors attending the event include Authentic Caribbean Rum; Blackwell Rum; Blau Hotels and Resorts; Breezes Jibacoa; British Airways; Cubana Airlines; Havanatour; Virgin Atla
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Caribbean and Costa Rica Browse all
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Exclusive discount to the eco-archaeological Xcaret Park
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars & access to 5 Swimming Pools
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Experience Vibrant Havana and relaxing Varadero at melia habana hotel and melia marina varadero hotel during summer 2017
Enjoy a summer holiday of a lifetime staying at two amazing hotels in both Havana and Varadero that will give you the perfect opportunity to explore all that Cuba has to offer at melia habana hotel and melia marina varadero hotel
- Melia Marina Varadero offers modern amenities and services including a fitness centre, spa and a kids club
- Exclusive extras are offered in both hotels, including a romantic dinner for two in Varadero and a half day tour in Havana
- Book early and benefit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Melia Habana enjoys an excellent location in Miramar, close to old Havana and offers stunning views of the city and its northern coast
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Now Onyx Punta Cana is brand new resort opening in November 2016 and aims to offer a vibrant and active Unlimited-Luxury...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
An intimate collection of One Bedroom Apartments located in the heart of the West Coast of Barbados. Halcyon Palm offers...
Visit the beautiful south coast of Barbados and spend 7 days relaxing at the charming Butterfly Beach Hotel which is...