Celebrating Caribbean holidays at this weekend's "Food, Rum & Rhythm" Festival in London
This Saturday 7th November 2009 the Caribbean Tourism Organisation has prepared a fun event to be held at London Bridge with a special 'Food, Rum & Rhythm' festival with music, food and drinks from all over the Caribbean
Caribbean holidays are being celebrated in London with a major ‘Food, Rum & Rhythm’ Festival taking place at London Bridge’s Vinopolis this Saturday 7th November 2009. And the invitation is open to all those curious travellers eager to take in more about the Caribbean culture and sample some of its food, cocktails and music.
This very exciting event will be showcasing the best of Caribbean holidays with different stalls set up for each participating Caribbean country including: Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Cuba, Guadeloupe, Jamaica, Martinique, St. Kitts, St. Lucia, St. Martin, St. Vincent and the Grenadines and Trinidad and Tobago.
This Caribbean extravaganza will be graced by the presence of a very special honour guest, the most famous, award-winning Caribbean Chef: Levis Roots. The famed Jamaican, born British Chef creator of the award-winning “Reggae Reggae” jerk barbeque sauce will be here to do some live cooking demonstrations of the best of authentic Caribbean cuisine, including his signature dish: ‘Reggae Reggae’ Jerk Chicken wings, Caribbean mini patties and his very own Roots Rice.
Organised by the Caribbean Tourism Organisation (CTO) the event will be showcasing tourist boards from each Caribbean country, as well as some exhibiting Caribbean restaurants displaying some of its delectable dishes to the lively rhythms of a live band playing reggae, soca and steel pan.
Sample rums from all over the Caribbean, take the time to explore these Caribbean holiday destinations and learn more about Antigua holidays, Bahamas holidays, Jamaica holidays or St Lucia holidays…they are all here, bringing you a little piece of each country’s sunshine!
Try authentic Caribbean food at the hands of one of the most acclaimed Jamaican Chefs, who is also taking the opportunity to promote his new recipe book: “Reggae Reggae Cookbok”:
“Levi Roots is very much in demand and we are pleased that he has agreed to be part of Food, Rum and Rhythm and to allow those attending an opportunity to meet him and experience his extraordinary talent,” said Carol Hay, the CTO Marketing Director for the UK/Europe.
Also featuring the best of Cuba holidays, at the event visitors will be able to win some amazing prizes as well! There will be a raffle for some Cuba holidays to be won courtesy of the Cuban Tourist Board and Cuba’s national airline: Cubana de Aviacion.
‘Food, Rum & Rhythm’ is part of CTO’s programme to promote Caribbean holidays and spread its charm ahead of World Travel Market (WTM), the UK’s leading tourism trade fair, to be held from 9-12th November 2009. The fair’s main aims are to showcase and celebrate the sights, sounds, colours, cuisine and best rums of the Caribbean and display the a little of what makes Caribbean holidays so special.
The London event will offer visitors the chance to taste a wide selection of Caribbean rums plus a range of local gastronomic specialities from about a dozen exhibiting Caribbean tourist boards, two of London’s Caribbean restaurants plus the promotion of a new Caribbean beach resort as one of the newest Caribbean hotels for luxury holidays.
Sponsors attending the event include Authentic Caribbean Rum; Blackwell Rum; Blau Hotels and Resorts; Breezes Jibacoa; British Airways; Cubana Airlines; Havanatour; Virgin Atla
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Caribbean and Costa Rica Browse all
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
Discover the relaxing Varadero and sink into sublim tranquillity
- Experience the beauty of Varadero Beach where you can relax and unwind on the tranquil white sandy beaches whilst enjoying the 24-hrs All-inclusive offered at the Luxurious Iberostar Varadero
- Stay in Havana's most highly rated hotel, with an iconic location facing Central Park
- Discover Cuba whilst staying at the 2 Top rated TripAdvisor hotels in Cuba
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Create unforgettable memories at the heart of Barbados' western coast at a collection of one bedroom apartments. Halcyon...
An intimate collection of One Bedroom Apartments located in the heart of the West Coast of Barbados. Travellers Palm...
Beautifully perched on the panoramic Mensura Hill, surrounded by striking greenery, this blessed and secluded natural...