Virgin Atlantic pledges to eliminate Fear of Flying with iPhone App
Virgin Atlantic yesterday announced its latest innovation in the world of travel. Together with iPhone they developed a new software to aid fearful flyers conquer their worries and have pleasant flight journeys.
The British award-winning long-haul airline that flies passengers to a range of Caribbean holidays as well as many other exotic holiday destinations around the world, today announced a brand new innovative programme designed to ease people’s fear of flying.
Just yesterday the airline announced its highly acclaimed new Flying Without Fear course—with a reported success rate in excess of 98%— which is now available as an application for the iPhone and iPod touch from the App Store—the first of its kind.
Such has been the success of this new piece of software aiding fearful travelers that even famous celebrities swear after it:
“The program works, I was a skeptic. I hadn’t flown in 13 years but after doing their program, I understood that while my fear was real, there were many things I didn’t know or had misinformation about, which they were able to clear up. So what happened? I now fly. It’s that simple.” said American actress Whoopi Goldberg after going through the course. The actress had not flown for a decade but a business commitment in London meant she had to step on a plane once again.
Sir Richard Branson, President of Virgin Atlantic, added:
“This is Virgin Atlantic innovation at its best. Our first iPhone app will bring the benefits of our successful Flying Without Fear course to millions of people around the world who are now using mobile technology to make their lives better. The app will put many travelers at ease and enable them to prepare for their first Virgin Atlantic flight.”
It is widely known that many people suffer anxiety at the prospect of flying. These fears range from anxiety at booking a trip to complete inability to board an aircraft. Whether it is the unfamiliar aircraft, the strange noises a plane makes, or the fear of losing control, this app is designed to help people overcome their personal fears.
And this is where Virgin Atlantic’s Flying Without Fear comes to the rescue! The Flying Without Fear app contains a personal introduction by Sir Richard Branson, a video-based in-flight explanation from start to finish of a flight, frequently-asked questions, relaxation exercises and fear therapy, a fear attack button for emergencies with breathing exercises and quick tips, and a “My Program” section where each user can rate their personal fears and add future flights to prepare them for their next trip. As a bonus, the user is offered 2,000 points when joining Virgin Atlantic’s Flying Club. Now there’s nothing stopping travelers from booking those long-haul luxury holidays to exotic destinations!
Verging Atlantic’s team has developed the application with Mental Workout, a company developing mobile applications focused on improving lives by helping people resolve issues and increase mental performance.
“Mental Workout is dedicated to providing people with mobile tools that harness best-in-class expertise to improve and enhance their lives. With approximately one in three adults afraid of flying, we wanted to make the best therapeutic tools available to everyone who wishes to take control of that fear. By creating this app in partnership with Virgin Atlantic, we can help those who have a fear of flying—whether acute, mild, or only occasional—control that fear and by doing so broaden their world.” added Mickey Beyer-Clausen, founder of Mental Workout.
The Flying Without Fear app is available for $4.99 from the App Store on iPhone and iPod touch.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Prepare to be wowed and dazzled by mystical encounters, ancient cities, marvellous wonders and unique sites as you discover the real and magical Jordan.
- Enjoy a stop-off at Mount Nebo where Prophet Moses viewed the Promised Land
- Visit the Dead Sea & enjoy a drive along the 2000-year-old Kings Highway
- Experience Petra, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, recently voted as one of the New 7 Wonders of the World
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Book now and get a free upgrade to the sea view at Blau Varadero - limited availability
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
- Blau Vardero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...