Winter Caribbean holidays on the Up for British travellers
An incredible 40% rise in customers escaping to winter sun holiday destinations has been reported, a figure which outperforms last year's 2008 past sales. An increase to highlight is the growth of Caribbean holidays, up by 16% this year.
Late deals of sales to winter beach holidays on destinations across the globe have been reported to be outperforming sales of 2008 this year, with a whopping 40% rise in customers escaping to some winter sun holidays, with a special rise identified in the demand for Caribbean holidays.
The most popular holiday destinations for this year’s 2009 winter escapes and the biggest-selling destinations include the USA (up 11%), the Caribbean (up 16%) and the Canary Islands (up 19%).
According to online travel agent On the Beach, when compared against last year’s October 2008 figures, a rise in sales of last minute flight and hotel deals to winter sun in Caribbean holidays and other sunny destinations can be noted, with latest figures up almost 40%.
“With more people choosing to holiday at home in summer 2009 than in previous years, it’s encouraging to see the late deals market picking up. With hoteliers and airlines slashing prices, there are so many fantastic deals around at the moment. Summer 2010 is set to be another good season for Turkey but I expect Euro destinations to fare much better next year.” commented Simon Cooper, Chief Executive Officer at On the Beach.
With news of hoteliers around the world reducing prices by up to 30% due to occupancy levels at an all time low, British holidaymakers are making the most of it and grabbing themselves late deals to luxury holidays for a fraction of the usual price.
Winter sun holidays are extending in the number of days this year, with an average stay of up to nine nights compared to seven nights in 2008. With many Britons taking a shorter summer holiday this year, this increase may be due to many still have much of their annual holiday entitlement left.
With the UK thankfully but slowly dragging itself out of recession, Summer 2010 figures also seem set to be busy with reports of further sales up by more than 20% year on year. Caribbean holidays are still looking as hot as ever, as are many other more exotic destinations in the far away Indian Ocean with Mauritius and Maldives holidays as firm contestants, but still Spain and its sunny-next-door-neighbour appeal remains very much a tough competitor.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Caribbean and Costa Rica Browse all
Enjoy Unlimited-Luxury and make the most of the stunning secluded setting at Bavaro beach
- Younger guests get to have limitless fun at the Explorer's Kids Club and the Core Zone Teens' Club.
- Enjoy a host of activities, including tennis, basketball, volleyball, bowling, golf, Horse riding, fishing, aerobics, dance classes, water sports.
- Premium All Inclusive property with a selection of food and beverages on offer
Expect Luxury, comfort and relaxation!
- Enjoy spa treatments, water and land sports and more for a fun-filled break
- Relish fantastic eating and drinking options 24 hours a day
- Enjoy complimentary perks, including a bottle of sparkling wine, a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple.
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Create unforgettable memories at the heart of Barbados' western coast at a collection of one bedroom apartments. Halcyon...
An intimate collection of One Bedroom Apartments located in the heart of the West Coast of Barbados. Travellers Palm...
Beautifully perched on the panoramic Mensura Hill, surrounded by striking greenery, this blessed and secluded natural...