Winter Caribbean holidays on the Up for British travellers
An incredible 40% rise in customers escaping to winter sun holiday destinations has been reported, a figure which outperforms last year's 2008 past sales. An increase to highlight is the growth of Caribbean holidays, up by 16% this year.
Late deals of sales to winter beach holidays on destinations across the globe have been reported to be outperforming sales of 2008 this year, with a whopping 40% rise in customers escaping to some winter sun holidays, with a special rise identified in the demand for Caribbean holidays.
The most popular holiday destinations for this year’s 2009 winter escapes and the biggest-selling destinations include the USA (up 11%), the Caribbean (up 16%) and the Canary Islands (up 19%).
According to online travel agent On the Beach, when compared against last year’s October 2008 figures, a rise in sales of last minute flight and hotel deals to winter sun in Caribbean holidays and other sunny destinations can be noted, with latest figures up almost 40%.
“With more people choosing to holiday at home in summer 2009 than in previous years, it’s encouraging to see the late deals market picking up. With hoteliers and airlines slashing prices, there are so many fantastic deals around at the moment. Summer 2010 is set to be another good season for Turkey but I expect Euro destinations to fare much better next year.” commented Simon Cooper, Chief Executive Officer at On the Beach.
With news of hoteliers around the world reducing prices by up to 30% due to occupancy levels at an all time low, British holidaymakers are making the most of it and grabbing themselves late deals to luxury holidays for a fraction of the usual price.
Winter sun holidays are extending in the number of days this year, with an average stay of up to nine nights compared to seven nights in 2008. With many Britons taking a shorter summer holiday this year, this increase may be due to many still have much of their annual holiday entitlement left.
With the UK thankfully but slowly dragging itself out of recession, Summer 2010 figures also seem set to be busy with reports of further sales up by more than 20% year on year. Caribbean holidays are still looking as hot as ever, as are many other more exotic destinations in the far away Indian Ocean with Mauritius and Maldives holidays as firm contestants, but still Spain and its sunny-next-door-neighbour appeal remains very much a tough competitor.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Caribbean and Costa Rica Browse all
Dive into the warm water of Varadero beach and relax under the caribbean sunshine
- Enjoy a fantastic tour
- Book now and benefit from huge savings with the launch of the new Virgin Atlantic to Varadero offer!
- Suites feature a separate living area and Tropical suites feature breathtaking views of the sea
- Golf lovers can play on the nearby Varadero 18 hole golf course
Stay in pure paradise at a beautiful 25-acre property, surrounded by a stunning waterfront of spectacular powdery white sands, it's heaven on earth
- Dine Al Fresco with breathtaking views of the turquoise waters of Long Bay
- Adults Only All Inclusive
- Rejuvenate at the luxurious hotel spa
- Relax and unwind upon paradisiacal beaches
Enjoy a summer holiday of a lifetime staying at two amazing hotels in both Havana and Varadero
- Book now to receive our exclusive Couples offer which includes a bottle of cava on arrival in both hotels, turndown service in the evenings and a guaranteed reservation in the a la carte restaurants in Varadero and much more
- This offer includes a free Historical Havana Tour
- Experience Havana's vintage vibe & Varadero's soft white-sand beaches all in one trip
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
You can enjoy all the aspects of this charming island, as the elegant eco-friendly property is located near all the...
Escape to the pristine beaches of the south coast of Barbados for a holiday you will never forget. This is the perfect...
St Lawrence Gap is famous for its many restaurants, great shopping and lively nightlife. This 1.3 km stretch of road,...