Winter Caribbean holidays on the Up for British travellers
An incredible 40% rise in customers escaping to winter sun holiday destinations has been reported, a figure which outperforms last year's 2008 past sales. An increase to highlight is the growth of Caribbean holidays, up by 16% this year.
Late deals of sales to winter beach holidays on destinations across the globe have been reported to be outperforming sales of 2008 this year, with a whopping 40% rise in customers escaping to some winter sun holidays, with a special rise identified in the demand for Caribbean holidays.
The most popular holiday destinations for this year’s 2009 winter escapes and the biggest-selling destinations include the USA (up 11%), the Caribbean (up 16%) and the Canary Islands (up 19%).
According to online travel agent On the Beach, when compared against last year’s October 2008 figures, a rise in sales of last minute flight and hotel deals to winter sun in Caribbean holidays and other sunny destinations can be noted, with latest figures up almost 40%.
“With more people choosing to holiday at home in summer 2009 than in previous years, it’s encouraging to see the late deals market picking up. With hoteliers and airlines slashing prices, there are so many fantastic deals around at the moment. Summer 2010 is set to be another good season for Turkey but I expect Euro destinations to fare much better next year.” commented Simon Cooper, Chief Executive Officer at On the Beach.
With news of hoteliers around the world reducing prices by up to 30% due to occupancy levels at an all time low, British holidaymakers are making the most of it and grabbing themselves late deals to luxury holidays for a fraction of the usual price.
Winter sun holidays are extending in the number of days this year, with an average stay of up to nine nights compared to seven nights in 2008. With many Britons taking a shorter summer holiday this year, this increase may be due to many still have much of their annual holiday entitlement left.
With the UK thankfully but slowly dragging itself out of recession, Summer 2010 figures also seem set to be busy with reports of further sales up by more than 20% year on year. Caribbean holidays are still looking as hot as ever, as are many other more exotic destinations in the far away Indian Ocean with Mauritius and Maldives holidays as firm contestants, but still Spain and its sunny-next-door-neighbour appeal remains very much a tough competitor.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Caribbean and Costa Rica Browse all
Dive into the warm water of Varadero beach and relax under the caribbean sunshine
- Book now and benefit from huge savings with the launch of the new Virgin Atlantic to Varadero offer!
- Suites feature a separate living area and Tropical suites feature breathtaking views of the sea
- Golf lovers can play on the nearby Varadero 18 hole golf course
Stay at the luxurious Dreams resort with various benefits including a room upgrade to make your holiday extra special
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Enjoy moonlit themed parties, great music shows and outdoor cinema screenings on the beach
- A wide choice of a la carte themed restaurants and chic bars ensure there is something to suit everyone
- The Explorer's Kids Club has a fully supervised children's programme with various different activities
Enjoy a wide range of added values, fun activities or relax and lie under the sun on exclusive private beach area in Varadero
- Never waste a minute of your holiday and enjoy all fun activities from waters sports to golf lessons at Breezes Bella Costa
- Experience Varadero to the fullest with fantastic options for couples, families or singles as there is something to suit everyone
- Memories Miramar Hotel has a fantastic location and is only a 5-minute walk from the nearest beach
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further. Home to ancient...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Escape to the pristine beaches of the south coast of Barbados for a holiday you will never forget. This is the perfect...
An intimate collection of One Bedroom Apartments located in the heart of the West Coast of Barbados. Halcyon Palm offers...
Fancy a charming and adventurous holiday? Why not try our twin centre package that allows you to explore the contagious...