Cuba holidays Booming for 6th Year in a Row
According to a report published on Saturday the number of visitors taking Cuba holidays this year has already reached the 2 million figure, breaking a new record 15 days ahead of last year and defying the WTO forecasted 5% decline in arrivals to Cuba.
Defying gloomy predictions against the global financial and health crisis, Cuba holidays look stronger than ever in 2009 as the country achieves the 2 million mark of visitors, a figure that comes 15 days ahead of last year, when compared against 2008.
Cuba holidays seem to be healthier than ever as they break a new record at a time of gloomy global recession, thus overcoming Cuba travel industry worries and proving wrong World Tourism Organisation’s prediction of a general 5% decline in tourists taking Cuba holidays this year.
According to the report published by Prensa Latina last Saturday, the idyllically located island has seen 2 million tourists arriving to take Cuba holidays for the sixth year in a row. The announcement includes a note about the Cuba travel industry joy over achieving these impressive figures for the 6th consecutive year and the fact that despite the gloomy financial expectations Cuba holidays are now experiencing an accumulated growth of 3.9% increase in arrivals to the country.
The report also took the opportunity to pass on a congratulatory message and a thankful note to all partners and collaborators working for the Cuba travel industry, including tour operators, travel agents, airlines and Cuba hotels chains, as well as mixed foreign owned Cuba hotels.
The published note highlights the importance of having reached this arrival figure which positions Cuba as one of the most attractive and coveted Caribbean holiday destinations. Cuba’s Ministry of Tourism (MINTUR) added a publicised recognition of the support brought by travel friends from all over the world.
The report also predicts healthy figures for the 2009-2010 Winter Season (December-April) for which Cuba's travel industry is all reared and ready to go, well prepared to welcome new winter visitors and already on the lookout to further develop its potential as a top Caribbean holiday destination.
Lying at the heart of the Caribbean as its biggest jewel, Cuba holidays offers tourists a stable climate, peace, security, confidence and comfort. With over 47,000 hotel rooms distributed across the nation and the constant search for sustainable tourism via a diversification strategy, Cuba holidays continue well on their way of remaining one of the top destinations for Caribbean holidays.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Dive into the warm water of Varadero beach and relax under the caribbean sunshine
- Enjoy a fantastic tour
- Book now and benefit from huge savings with the launch of the new Virgin Atlantic to Varadero offer!
- Suites feature a separate living area and Tropical suites feature breathtaking views of the sea
- Golf lovers can play on the nearby Varadero 18 hole golf course
A superb combination of great accommodation and exciting activities make this resort one of Cuba's hottest properties
- Enjoy a complimentary Cultural Presentation
- Previous winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and ranked in the top 5 Hotels in Varadero
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Couples can benefit from a free bottle of sparkling wine and a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple
Discover Cuba's vibrant capital and stunning Varadero beach, getting the best of both during summer 2017
Combine exploring Havana's bustling neighbourhoods, with a relaxing beach holiday, with this amazing twin centre summer holiday package deal
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Easy access to some of the most iconic neighbourhoods in Havana, including the old colonial area
- Relax, unwind and rejuvenate your mind body and soul at the beauty salon and spa
- Exceptionally friendly and welcoming staff that go the extra mile
An unforgettable holiday experience combining the vibrant life of Havana and the relaxing beach at Varadero
- Benefit from multiple swimming pools and non-motorised water sports in Varadero.
- Relish upgraded luxuries including 24h room service and sparkling wine and chocolates on arrival.
- Discover the treasures of Havana form the tranquil base of the Melia Habana Hotel.
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Bellevue Palma Real Varadero is a special hotel as it is authentically Cuban in every respect, from the food to the...