Cuba holidays Booming for 6th Year in a Row
According to a report published on Saturday the number of visitors taking Cuba holidays this year has already reached the 2 million figure, breaking a new record 15 days ahead of last year and defying the WTO forecasted 5% decline in arrivals to Cuba.
Defying gloomy predictions against the global financial and health crisis, Cuba holidays look stronger than ever in 2009 as the country achieves the 2 million mark of visitors, a figure that comes 15 days ahead of last year, when compared against 2008.
Cuba holidays seem to be healthier than ever as they break a new record at a time of gloomy global recession, thus overcoming Cuba travel industry worries and proving wrong World Tourism Organisation’s prediction of a general 5% decline in tourists taking Cuba holidays this year.
According to the report published by Prensa Latina last Saturday, the idyllically located island has seen 2 million tourists arriving to take Cuba holidays for the sixth year in a row. The announcement includes a note about the Cuba travel industry joy over achieving these impressive figures for the 6th consecutive year and the fact that despite the gloomy financial expectations Cuba holidays are now experiencing an accumulated growth of 3.9% increase in arrivals to the country.
The report also took the opportunity to pass on a congratulatory message and a thankful note to all partners and collaborators working for the Cuba travel industry, including tour operators, travel agents, airlines and Cuba hotels chains, as well as mixed foreign owned Cuba hotels.
The published note highlights the importance of having reached this arrival figure which positions Cuba as one of the most attractive and coveted Caribbean holiday destinations. Cuba’s Ministry of Tourism (MINTUR) added a publicised recognition of the support brought by travel friends from all over the world.
The report also predicts healthy figures for the 2009-2010 Winter Season (December-April) for which Cuba's travel industry is all reared and ready to go, well prepared to welcome new winter visitors and already on the lookout to further develop its potential as a top Caribbean holiday destination.
Lying at the heart of the Caribbean as its biggest jewel, Cuba holidays offers tourists a stable climate, peace, security, confidence and comfort. With over 47,000 hotel rooms distributed across the nation and the constant search for sustainable tourism via a diversification strategy, Cuba holidays continue well on their way of remaining one of the top destinations for Caribbean holidays.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 19:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- This package offers little touches to make your holiday extra special including a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking for adventure or relaxation
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by the clear waters when staying at Melia Varadero
Discover the relaxing Varadero and sink into sublim tranquillity
- Experience the beauty of Varadero Beach where you can relax and unwind on the tranquil white sandy beaches whilst enjoying the 24-hrs All-inclusive offered at the Luxurious Iberostar Varadero
- Stay in Havana's most highly rated hotel, with an iconic location facing Central Park
- Discover Cuba whilst staying at the 2 Top rated TripAdvisor hotels in Cuba
Soak up the history and culture in Havana before a luxurious stay at one of Varadero's most stunning beachfront resorts
- Rooftop swimming pool and jacuzzi at Parque Central where you can look over the spectacular city of Havana
- Bella Vista sits on Varadero's pristine stretch of beach with 24-Hour all-inclusive services
- Endless range of facilities and activities for the perfect stay in your beachfront paradise
- Discover Havana’s timeless, charismatic and bustling streets with a Havana city tour
One of Havana's most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the NH Capri is a legendary property with over...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Escape to Cuba on your next holiday and book a stay at the Villa Tortuga Hotel in Varadero. It is an all inclusive hotel...
Club Kawama depicts a traditional hacienda type atmosphere, but in actual fact it's an All Inclusive resort. Beautifully...