Cuba holidays Booming for 6th Year in a Row
According to a report published on Saturday the number of visitors taking Cuba holidays this year has already reached the 2 million figure, breaking a new record 15 days ahead of last year and defying the WTO forecasted 5% decline in arrivals to Cuba.
Defying gloomy predictions against the global financial and health crisis, Cuba holidays look stronger than ever in 2009 as the country achieves the 2 million mark of visitors, a figure that comes 15 days ahead of last year, when compared against 2008.
Cuba holidays seem to be healthier than ever as they break a new record at a time of gloomy global recession, thus overcoming Cuba travel industry worries and proving wrong World Tourism Organisation’s prediction of a general 5% decline in tourists taking Cuba holidays this year.
According to the report published by Prensa Latina last Saturday, the idyllically located island has seen 2 million tourists arriving to take Cuba holidays for the sixth year in a row. The announcement includes a note about the Cuba travel industry joy over achieving these impressive figures for the 6th consecutive year and the fact that despite the gloomy financial expectations Cuba holidays are now experiencing an accumulated growth of 3.9% increase in arrivals to the country.
The report also took the opportunity to pass on a congratulatory message and a thankful note to all partners and collaborators working for the Cuba travel industry, including tour operators, travel agents, airlines and Cuba hotels chains, as well as mixed foreign owned Cuba hotels.
The published note highlights the importance of having reached this arrival figure which positions Cuba as one of the most attractive and coveted Caribbean holiday destinations. Cuba’s Ministry of Tourism (MINTUR) added a publicised recognition of the support brought by travel friends from all over the world.
The report also predicts healthy figures for the 2009-2010 Winter Season (December-April) for which Cuba's travel industry is all reared and ready to go, well prepared to welcome new winter visitors and already on the lookout to further develop its potential as a top Caribbean holiday destination.
Lying at the heart of the Caribbean as its biggest jewel, Cuba holidays offers tourists a stable climate, peace, security, confidence and comfort. With over 47,000 hotel rooms distributed across the nation and the constant search for sustainable tourism via a diversification strategy, Cuba holidays continue well on their way of remaining one of the top destinations for Caribbean holidays.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 19:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Enjoy the long list of fun options for all the family or bask on Varadero's pure white sands
- Located on a gorgeous stretch of Varadero beach.
- Sample a host of activities including snorkelling, kayaking, windsurfing, golf and more.
- Enjoy 24-hour all-inclusive service.
Expect Luxury, comfort and relaxation!
- Enjoy spa treatments, water and land sports and more for a fun-filled break
- Relish fantastic eating and drinking options 24 hours a day
- Enjoy complimentary perks, including a bottle of sparkling wine, a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple.
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- Stunning hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly, offering the best of both worlds for adventure or relaxation
- Stay in a Sea View Room in Havana for all three nights, for an extra £20 per person
- Fly premium-economy class from an extra £199 per person, each way
- Little touches to make your holiday extra special, including a welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava upon arrival in Havana and Varadero
- Experience the world famous Varadero beach, where white sand is lapped by the clear waters when staying at Melia Varadero
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Travel to one of Cuba's hidden touristic gems, Varadero, where stretches of secluded beach await you at Blau Varadero....
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Beautifully perched on the panoramic Mensura Hill, surrounded by striking greenery, this blessed and secluded natural...
Explore the many entertaining sites of the famous Varadero beach in Cuba, while enjoying a peaceful 10-day getaway at...
Club Kawama depicts a traditional hacienda type atmosphere, but in actual fact it's an All Inclusive resort. Beautifully...