Cuba holidays Booming for 6th Year in a Row
According to a report published on Saturday the number of visitors taking Cuba holidays this year has already reached the 2 million figure, breaking a new record 15 days ahead of last year and defying the WTO forecasted 5% decline in arrivals to Cuba.
Defying gloomy predictions against the global financial and health crisis, Cuba holidays look stronger than ever in 2009 as the country achieves the 2 million mark of visitors, a figure that comes 15 days ahead of last year, when compared against 2008.
Cuba holidays seem to be healthier than ever as they break a new record at a time of gloomy global recession, thus overcoming Cuba travel industry worries and proving wrong World Tourism Organisation’s prediction of a general 5% decline in tourists taking Cuba holidays this year.
According to the report published by Prensa Latina last Saturday, the idyllically located island has seen 2 million tourists arriving to take Cuba holidays for the sixth year in a row. The announcement includes a note about the Cuba travel industry joy over achieving these impressive figures for the 6th consecutive year and the fact that despite the gloomy financial expectations Cuba holidays are now experiencing an accumulated growth of 3.9% increase in arrivals to the country.
The report also took the opportunity to pass on a congratulatory message and a thankful note to all partners and collaborators working for the Cuba travel industry, including tour operators, travel agents, airlines and Cuba hotels chains, as well as mixed foreign owned Cuba hotels.
The published note highlights the importance of having reached this arrival figure which positions Cuba as one of the most attractive and coveted Caribbean holiday destinations. Cuba’s Ministry of Tourism (MINTUR) added a publicised recognition of the support brought by travel friends from all over the world.
The report also predicts healthy figures for the 2009-2010 Winter Season (December-April) for which Cuba's travel industry is all reared and ready to go, well prepared to welcome new winter visitors and already on the lookout to further develop its potential as a top Caribbean holiday destination.
Lying at the heart of the Caribbean as its biggest jewel, Cuba holidays offers tourists a stable climate, peace, security, confidence and comfort. With over 47,000 hotel rooms distributed across the nation and the constant search for sustainable tourism via a diversification strategy, Cuba holidays continue well on their way of remaining one of the top destinations for Caribbean holidays.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Stay at a Havana hotel brimming with history then head off to a brand-new beachfront resort in Varadero
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
Combine exploring the iconic and pulsating city of Havana with a relaxing summer retreat to the stunning Varadero beach
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 29th June 2017
- Book now and get a free upgrade to the sea view at Melia Habana - limited availability
- The plethora of activities and classes that will cater for every taste
- Exclusive Singles offer at Paradisus Princesa Del Mar – No single supplement for Summer 2017 - Limited Availability
- A Luxurious and comfortable stay with 5* amenities
- A Complimentary shuttle to the iconic city of Havana
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Enjoy a hearty welcome from hosts that exude contagious Cuban charm on an escape to Cuba. Explore not only the vibrant...