Canadian holiday makers attracted to Cuba by its history, traditions, and miles of sandy beaches
Cuba's attempts to lure Canadian travellers to its Caribbean shores are paying off. The number of Canadians taking Cuba holidays grows, in Cuba they escape the cold winter and enjoy a break in Cuba natural beauty and a traditional, calming way of life.
Cuba holidays are amongst the firm favourites for Canadian travellers when it comes to taking trips to tropical destinations. With over 800,000 visitors from the North American country during 2008, Canadians make up 36 per cent of foreign visitors to the stunning island of Cuba.
With so much to see and do across the island, it is no wonder that such a high number of Canadian travellers take holidays in Cuba throughout the year.
Surrounded by sparkling waters of the Caribbean Sea, Cuba is the main of four islands positioned between the U.S (North West), Haiti (east), the Cayman Islands (south) and nearby Mexico (west).
With a tropical climate, endless sunshine, stunning scenery, and the lifestyle full of traditions, culture and passion, the region is becoming increasingly popular and has travellers from all over the world choosing to book Cuba holidays again and again.
Popular locations within the islands of Cuba include Guardalavaca, Cuba's ecotourism hotspot; the vivacious capital city of Havana full of heritage buildings and lively cabarets; Playa Esmeralda, famous for its emerald waters and snorkelling spots; Cayo Saetia, a 42km long island home to a stunning former game reserve full of spectacular fauna and wildlife including zebras with dazzling coastal views; and Varadero, home to some of the world's most stunning pristine sandy beaches and a large number of Cuba hotels and accommodation.
Travellers taking Cuba holidays have a range of activities to take part in, from water sports such as diving, sailing, snorkelling, swimming with dolphins, and boat excursions, to tours of historical Cuban cities, safaris in nature parks, or relaxing on one of the many beaches with a traditional refreshing cocktail.
As the global economy slowly recovers over the next few months, Cuba is expected to receive a high number of visitors, desperate to escape the cold temperatures of their own countries, and keen to embrace the essence of Cuban culture and relaxed way of life.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Escape to Cuba's sunkissed sands and enjoy what Starfish Varadero has to offer for an amazing price!
- Stay entertained with daily activities, land sports, water sports and lively shows
- Located on one of the best beaches in Varadero
- Excellent selection of 4 restaurants, 3 a la carte and a choice of 4 bars
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Book now and get a free upgrade to the sea view at Blau Varadero - limited availability
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
- Blau Vardero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
A superb combination of great accommodation and exciting activities make this resort one of Cuba's hottest properties
- Book now and get a free upgrade to the sea view - limited availability
- Enjoy a complimentary Cultural Presentation
- Previous winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and ranked in the top 5 Hotels in Varadero
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Couples can benefit from a free bottle of sparkling wine and a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...