Canadian holiday makers attracted to Cuba by its history, traditions, and miles of sandy beaches
Cuba's attempts to lure Canadian travellers to its Caribbean shores are paying off. The number of Canadians taking Cuba holidays grows, in Cuba they escape the cold winter and enjoy a break in Cuba natural beauty and a traditional, calming way of life.
Cuba holidays are amongst the firm favourites for Canadian travellers when it comes to taking trips to tropical destinations. With over 800,000 visitors from the North American country during 2008, Canadians make up 36 per cent of foreign visitors to the stunning island of Cuba.
With so much to see and do across the island, it is no wonder that such a high number of Canadian travellers take holidays in Cuba throughout the year.
Surrounded by sparkling waters of the Caribbean Sea, Cuba is the main of four islands positioned between the U.S (North West), Haiti (east), the Cayman Islands (south) and nearby Mexico (west).
With a tropical climate, endless sunshine, stunning scenery, and the lifestyle full of traditions, culture and passion, the region is becoming increasingly popular and has travellers from all over the world choosing to book Cuba holidays again and again.
Popular locations within the islands of Cuba include Guardalavaca, Cuba's ecotourism hotspot; the vivacious capital city of Havana full of heritage buildings and lively cabarets; Playa Esmeralda, famous for its emerald waters and snorkelling spots; Cayo Saetia, a 42km long island home to a stunning former game reserve full of spectacular fauna and wildlife including zebras with dazzling coastal views; and Varadero, home to some of the world's most stunning pristine sandy beaches and a large number of Cuba hotels and accommodation.
Travellers taking Cuba holidays have a range of activities to take part in, from water sports such as diving, sailing, snorkelling, swimming with dolphins, and boat excursions, to tours of historical Cuban cities, safaris in nature parks, or relaxing on one of the many beaches with a traditional refreshing cocktail.
As the global economy slowly recovers over the next few months, Cuba is expected to receive a high number of visitors, desperate to escape the cold temperatures of their own countries, and keen to embrace the essence of Cuban culture and relaxed way of life.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Enjoy the exciting nightlife the Melia Marina Varadero Hotel has to offer, whilst relaxing during the day in the beautiful accommodation
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 29th May 2017
- Incredible all-inclusive benefits with dining at 9 restaurants at Melia Marina Varadero Hotel
- Book now and get a free upgrade to the sea view at Melia Habana - limited availability
- Melia Marina Varadero Hotel is ideally located 300m from the beach in an ecological reserve with a dolphinarium and caves to explore
- Excellent watersports facilities including yachting, fishing and diving
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Stay at a Havana hotel brimming with history then head off to a brand-new beachfront resort in Varadero
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...
Look out onto the day to day life of Havana's streets from the Casa Santy's balconies, with its great location and a...