Canadian holiday makers attracted to Cuba by its history, traditions, and miles of sandy beaches
Cuba's attempts to lure Canadian travellers to its Caribbean shores are paying off. The number of Canadians taking Cuba holidays grows, in Cuba they escape the cold winter and enjoy a break in Cuba natural beauty and a traditional, calming way of life.
Cuba holidays are amongst the firm favourites for Canadian travellers when it comes to taking trips to tropical destinations. With over 800,000 visitors from the North American country during 2008, Canadians make up 36 per cent of foreign visitors to the stunning island of Cuba.
With so much to see and do across the island, it is no wonder that such a high number of Canadian travellers take holidays in Cuba throughout the year.
Surrounded by sparkling waters of the Caribbean Sea, Cuba is the main of four islands positioned between the U.S (North West), Haiti (east), the Cayman Islands (south) and nearby Mexico (west).
With a tropical climate, endless sunshine, stunning scenery, and the lifestyle full of traditions, culture and passion, the region is becoming increasingly popular and has travellers from all over the world choosing to book Cuba holidays again and again.
Popular locations within the islands of Cuba include Guardalavaca, Cuba's ecotourism hotspot; the vivacious capital city of Havana full of heritage buildings and lively cabarets; Playa Esmeralda, famous for its emerald waters and snorkelling spots; Cayo Saetia, a 42km long island home to a stunning former game reserve full of spectacular fauna and wildlife including zebras with dazzling coastal views; and Varadero, home to some of the world's most stunning pristine sandy beaches and a large number of Cuba hotels and accommodation.
Travellers taking Cuba holidays have a range of activities to take part in, from water sports such as diving, sailing, snorkelling, swimming with dolphins, and boat excursions, to tours of historical Cuban cities, safaris in nature parks, or relaxing on one of the many beaches with a traditional refreshing cocktail.
As the global economy slowly recovers over the next few months, Cuba is expected to receive a high number of visitors, desperate to escape the cold temperatures of their own countries, and keen to embrace the essence of Cuban culture and relaxed way of life.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
With great watersports galore, your next summer holiday can be one to remember in Cuba
- Try your hand at some adrenaline-pumping water sports including sailing, windsurfing and diving
- If you’re not up for a night on the tiles you can simply chill out at the resort and enjoy the evening’s entertainment
- If you’re a night-owl you won’t be able to resist Varadero’s buzzing nightlife
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 28th Aug 2017
Expect Luxury, comfort and relaxation!
- Enjoy spa treatments, water and land sports and more for a fun-filled break
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 31th Aug 2017
- Relish fantastic eating and drinking options 24 hours a day
- Enjoy complimentary perks, including a bottle of sparkling wine, a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple.
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
The unlimited heaven of tranquillity in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...