Seychelles hotel plants the 100,000th tree in an Endemic Program
An exceptional Seychelles hotel on the protected natural preserve of Fregate Island has just accomplished its green goal of planting tree number 100,000th as they achieved this ecological milestone part of their endemic hardwood program
Possibly the most exclusive of luxury hotels in the Seychelles, located in a protected natural preserve at a private island, the Fregate Island Private Resort has just accomplished its green mission by planting the 100,000th tree in the spirit of prolonging the life of Seychelles’ endemic flora.
That old saying: "Can't see the forest for the trees in the way" can take on a positive connotation if it’s all in the spirit of preservation and protection of the best features of exclusive luxury holidays in this virtually deserted part of the world. Much in the same way other luxury hotels in the world have taken an initiative to protect their surrounding environment, such as Kimpton's endeavour to plant a billion trees in Brazil, and much in the same spirit, Seychelles' Fregate Island Private Resort is marking a significant ecological milestone: they recently planted the 100,000th and final tree in their endemic hardwood program.
This eco- program was part of Fregate's efforts to become carbon neutral, which broadly speaking refers to achieving zero carbon emissions. Hoping to replenish what was destroyed when Seychelles was colonised—namely local forestation that was replaced by coconut trees—Fregate sought to bring back natural flora and fauna to the area to in keep with the idea that this is a remote far-off place for the most spectacularly unique luxury holidays. The 100,000th tree was a Ficus, which normally thrives in rocky underground environments like those on Seychelles. These trees are said to reach heights of 50 to 65 feet and grow remarkably quickly, much to the delight of those who have just recently planted them, which will soon be able to see the fruit of their labour springing to life.
One of ‘the luxury hotels of the world’, Fregate Private Island Resort is named after this little island peculiar inhabitant, the Fregate bird, also called the pirate of the air since it is unable to swim and land on water and instead uses skilful manoeuvres to steal the loot of other seabirds. Much like the bird, Fregate Island symbolises nature at its most inspirational. And, lest you think that the resort is one of those hypocritical businesses whose real estate is taking over the island while claiming to save it, note that their buildings only occupy 5% of the island, leaving the remaining 95% completely untouched.
These secluded accommodations, which only allow up to 40 guests at any one time, are priced as one might expect for this ‘Unique in the World’ most lavish of luxury holidays in the Caribbean. That is to say, probably the most expensive of Seychells holidays with a one bedroom villa with a minimum three-night stay starting at €2,600. It looks like you can put a price on paradise, but working towards a greener planet is something priceless that we can't calculate.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Seychelles Browse all
Treat yourself to a luxury break in the Seychelles combined with an exciting stay in Dubai
- Take advantage of the close proximity to all the local attractions in Dubai
- Discover a wide range of exquisite dining options in the Seychelles
- Practice yoga in the natural surroundings of Silhouette Island
Mother nature bestowed unique beauty on the Seychelles, islands of exquisite white sand beaches, lapped by the turquoise waters of the Indian Ocean
- Top up your tan, refresh in the pool or go with the flow in a yoga class. Enjoy traditional island cooking, dance, craft and language classes, or action packed days of culture and nature trips.
- Special Honeymoon Offers available
- free upgrade from Bed & Breakfast to Half Board
- Experience great culinary variety in six different restaurants including a shisha bar
Relax and unwind on two of the islands best beaches at constance ephelia resort
- Treat your taste buds to culinary treats whether you choose Ã la carte or buffets
- Children will love the kids club which welcomes 4-11 year olds
- Indulge in the U-Spa by Constance designed to restore your well-being
Experience the tropical island of Mahé at banyan tree Seychelles resort
- A living museum of natural history and sasanctuary for some of the rarest species on Earth
- This paradise is famous for having some of the best beaches in the world, pristine and uncrowded
- The gastronomical experience at Banyan Tree Seychelles was specially conceptualised to offer you a unique experience
Prepare yourself for a memorable 8-day holiday with your family at the avani seychelles , where you will be able to...
Located on the largest island of the Seychelles, Mahe, the Kempinski Seychelles boasts modern luxury rooms and suites...
The unique all-villa Hilton Seychelles Labriz Resort & Spa is located on the tropical island of Silhouette, where...
Set 25m from the Au Cap beach on the Island of Mahe lies the cheerful Reef Holiday Apartments. These affordable...
Located in the south of Mahe Island, Au Fond De Mer View is a family-run hotel with stunning views of Anse Royale bay....
Situated on the northern coast of Mahe, Villa Koket is ideal for those looking for a peaceful self-catering getaway near...