Sol Melia celebrates Cuba holidays with "National Cuban Culture Day"
Paying their tribute to 'National Cuban Culture Day' the Sol Melia Hotel Group will be celebrating to mark the day's festivities at their Cuba hotels. Starting tomorrow they will be hosting a range of events at their Havana Melia Cohiba hotel
‘National Cuban Culture’ is widely celebrated throughout the island today, since a day like today back in 1868 Cuba’s national anthem was first sung. To pay tribute to this special cultural celebration the Sol Meliá Group will be hosting a special musical event at their five-star landmark Meliá Cohiba hotel in Havana.
With a wide range of Cuba hotels all throughout the island, Sol Meliá has a strong presence in the island and as one of the leading hoteliers in the country it feels obligued to commemorate Cuba’s culture in a special way.
The official celebration ceremony will start tomorrow 20th October, 2009 as the Meliá Cohiba hotel’s main theatre hosts an encounter with former and current members of vocal quartettes and quintets. The Salon Cetro will be the venue of this magnificent tribute to one of the most significant and genuinely Cuban artistic expressions, a tribute especially dedicated also to its greatest exponents and to those who continue to perpetuate this musical genre and the most authentic Cuban beats.
The 1950´s and 1960´s marked the splendour of this popular musical format in Cuba, when popular groups such as Las D´Aidas and Los Zafiros filled the radio waves, prime time television programs, popular night clubs and carnival festivities. Many of the voices which in time became national emblematic figures were forged in quartettes or quintets. Omara Portuondo, the Diva of Buena Vista Social Club, was initially a member of Las D´Aidas.
And what a better way to celebrate Cuba holidays than by honouring its rich musical culture? This encounter is part of Sol Melia´s endeavours to promote Cuba holidays with culture, so that guests and travel partners can all fully appreciate and become familiar with the leading expressions of Cuban culture, present in the design of its Cuba hotels, culinary offers, entertainment activities and in the service offered by its staff. The holding of this event coincides with a photographic by Spanish photographer José Antonio Robés on Havana, in the Meliá Cohiba Hotel , where the promotion of Cuban art can be observed in its art gallery or in the variety shows offered in the spectacular Habana Café.
Prominent Cuban artistic personalities have also been invited for this special occasion, including journalists from the specialised Cuba travel media, researchers, musicologists, directors, actors, radio and television program hosts and other representatives from the film industry and the performing arts.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Indulge in a couples special retreat that includes a Deluxe Havana City Break and Luxury Adults-Only All Inclusive Beach Escape in Varadero
- The perfect 5* multi centre mixing exciting city life with a pampering beach retreat in romantic Cuba
- The luxury all suite Paradisus Princesa Del Mar Resort and Spa is situated on the pristine Varadero beach
- Melia Habana is the perfect base for exploring all that Cuba has to offer and also offers a free shuttle to and from the Old City Centre
Discover Cuba's vibrant capital and stunning Varadero beach, getting the best of both during summer 2017
Combine exploring Havana's bustling neighbourhoods, with a relaxing beach holiday, with this amazing twin centre summer holiday package deal
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Easy access to some of the most iconic neighbourhoods in Havana, including the old colonial area
- Relax, unwind and rejuvenate your mind body and soul at the beauty salon and spa
- Exceptionally friendly and welcoming staff that go the extra mile
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
An unforgettable holiday experience combining the vibrant life of Havana and the relaxing beach at Varadero
- Benefit from multiple swimming pools and non-motorised water sports in Varadero.
- Relish upgraded luxuries including 24h room service and sparkling wine and chocolates on arrival.
- Discover the treasures of Havana form the tranquil base of the Melia Habana Hotel.
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Bellevue Palma Real Varadero is a special hotel as it is authentically Cuban in every respect, from the food to the...