Sharm El Sheikh Holidays Return with British Airways
Finally the date is getting nearer for British Airways to commence their much anticipated new thrice-weekly frequency servicing Sharm El Sheikh holidays. Starting 26 October 2009 BA will once again service this destination
As much anticipated since last August when the move was officially announced, finally the date is getting closer for British Airways’ to start servicing Sharm El Sheikh holidays once again with a new thrice-weekly direct non-stop services from Gatwick to Sharm El Sheikh from October 26, 2009.
This signifies a return for the airline’s colours to this popular Red Sea resort popular with tourists taking Egypt holidays. The new direct non-stop London Gatwick flights to Sharm El Sheikh holidays will be departing on Mondays, Thursdays and Saturdays.
As well as the new flights to Sharm El Sheikh, British Airways will also be adding The Maldives to its already extensive network, and as soon as by later this month another BA plane will start flying the new route that will take passengers to Maldives holidays. Richard Tams, British Airways’ head of UK & Ireland sales, said:
“These new routes will be great assets to the BA network and a real winner with customers. They are both perfect holiday destinations, known for their great beaches and fantastic diving. We’re particularly pleased to be serving a completely new destination, the Maldives, and returning to Sharm El Sheikh. We expect both routes to perform well.”
Holidays in Sharm El Sheikh have proved popular with tourist for years due to their promise of sun-filled days on the beach and spotting turtles on the coral reefs, as well as offering the ability to explore the desert by camel and spend the nights feasting on traditional Bedouin food and stargazing.
British Airways have a number of superb Sharm El Sheikh hotels - all with easy access to beautiful beaches along the Red Sea. The range of hotels in Sharm El Sheikh includes something for everyone ranging from 3 to 5*. Romantics can pamper themselves at the 4*+ Grand Rotana ideally located on the shores of Sharks Bay. The 4* all inclusive Hilton Sharks Bay Resort offers fun for the whole family, or for pure relaxation and a round of golf there is the 5* Maritim Jolie Ville Golf and Resort. A range of some of the best Egypt hotels can certainly be found at this beautiful beach resort, that is also one of the world’s top holiday destinations for scuba diving thanks to the abundance and variety of its beautiful marine life.
The new flights to Sharm El Sheikh holidays will be operated by Boeing 777 aircraft with a three-class configuration: World Traveller, World Traveller Plus and Club World.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Sharm El Sheikh Browse all
This modern resort offers an ideal location for a family friendly stay close to beautiful sandy beaches
- Just 10 minutes by bus from a lovely stretch of some of the finest sandy beaches
- Dive deep into clear waters of the Red Sea to enjoy colourful coral reefs and explore a variety of fish and marine life
- Sol y Mar Sharks Bay offers a variety of restaurants, a lobby bar & terrace, an Internet cafe and a shuttle bus to the nearby beach
Relax at Naama Bay with pleasant grounds and wonderful amenities to keep you occupied
- Visitors flock to Pirates, for an eveing drink, before or after sampling some wonderful cuisine in the array of restaurants
- Prime spot in Naama bay, as it was one of the first hotels in the area. The grounds are well tended and mature, with colourful plants and shrubs throughout
- Guest accommodation is discrete, with low rise bungalows dotted throughout the beautiful garden setting. Rooms and suites are light and airy, are tastefully furnished and come with all modern amenities
Enjoy access to 3 protected beaches, close proximity to the trendy strip of Naama Bay and its sizzling nightlife
- There is a myriad of activities on offer from relaxing treatments at the Club Olympus Spa to exciting land and water sports
- Choose from fantastic dining options including seasonal specialities, a charcoal grill, and Thai cuisine
- Adventure seekers can enjoy jeep safaris, quad bikes, mountain treks, and camel expeditions
Enjoy six days of sun and sand accompanied by uninterrupted leisure at Egypt's sought-after Sharm El Sheikh resort town...
Sharm El Sheikh is one of Egypt's best kept secrets. Spend six blissful days here enjoying the beauty of the Sinai...
Venture into the land of the pyramids and Pharaohs for a holiday you'll never forget. Besides the incredible history of...
Experience utter luxury as you enjoy eight days of uninterrupted R&R along Egypt's Red Sea shores. But apart from sun...
Egypt's Red Sea coastline is one of the country's leading tourist destinations, especially among UK holidaymakers as it...
Renaissance Golden View Beach Resort nestles into a dramatic headland overlooking the Ras Mohammed National Park. This...