Dubai holidays celebrated Diwali Festival in Full Flair
year Dubai really got into the spirit of Diwali festivities with special promotions. The Outlet Mall featured a 'Treasure Hunt' event with City 101.6 Radio station on15th October while the Zaika restaurant is offering a unique dining promotion
Diwali celebrations were all around Dubai this year. Those wanting to celebrate the Indian festivity in full flair and were lucky enough to be enjoying Dubai holidays during the Diwali Festival season surely made the most of this 5-day Indian holiday season.
The Diwali Season, also known as “The Festival of Lights” is celebrated all throughout India and Nepal, with many fireworks displays taking place to celebrate the triumph of good against evil according to Hinduism, Buddhism, Sikhism and Jainism. And whereas Dubai’s main Muslim majority would not normally celebrate this festivity, some restaurants and commercial outlets have decided to put up celebrations and special promotions for the Indian community in the emirate.
Such was the case for the Outlet Mall who in conjunction with City 101.6 Radio came up with a grand event to mark Diwali last Thursday, 15th October. At the celebrations Duba’s favourite RJ’s from City 101.6 animated the audience at the mall engaging them in a number of activities themed around Diwali. The most amazing activity during the day’s festivities was the biggest ‘Treasure Hunt’ ever held in Dubai, where families on Dubai holidays could take part in an adventurous game where prizes were hidden and the location needed to be found using fun and amusing Clues which were intentionally placed around the stores in Dubai Outlet Mall and surroundings. Quick thinking was the name of the game that offered participants the chance to win 1000s of Dirhams worth of goodies and vouchers. Little artists enjoying their Dubai holidays here could enter the ‘Paint My Diyas’ competition where children could get creative with paint, glitters and accessories to win lots of prizes and let their inner light shine in true Diwali fashion!
The Zaika restaurant in Al Murooj Rotana was also lighting up the festivals of lights in their own fashion, with an exquisite culinary promotion featuring tantalizing and authentic Indian flavours tastefully prepared by their Sous Chef Madhukrishna. Those wanting a real taste of India during their Dubai holidays should make their way here quick as the special menu will last from the 15h to the 19th October only!
The festive menu covers the eclectic mix of traditional as well as innovative delicacies from the Northwest Frontier of India. Diners can savour Indian cuisine at its best from the fine selection of starters and main course from the succulent à la carte menu.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dubai Browse all
For an affordable luxury holiday on Dubai's iconic The Palm, head for Sofitel and take the whole family with you, they'll love it
- Boasting a Roof Top Swimming Pool
- Free high-speed internet and wifi
- Located by the famous Jumeirah Marina and close to shops, restaurants, bars and the Emirates Shopping Mall
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Perfection is synonymous with this stunning property on Dubai's Palm Island
- There are 10 restaurants and bars serving a variety of cuisine from all over the globe
- Boasting the Talise Ottoman Spa, where guests can indulge in a host of relaxing treatments and therapies
- 300 AED SPA credit per person per stay for the hotel SPA
- Unlimited access to Wild Wadi Park plus free shuttle service to a selection of Dubai Shopping Malls
Experience the best of all worlds in Dubai - exceptional accommodation, restauarants, sandy beaches and unmatched shoppin, all for an unbeatable price
- Delight yourself in a culinary adventure with a selection of 16 dining options to tickle your taste buds
- Club Level rooms available providing access additional amenities and exclusive lounge access
- Located on the spectacular Jumeirah Beach adjacent to the Dubai Marina and only 10 minutes from the Emirates shopping mall
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
With a gorgeous location on the west crescent of the Palm Jumeirah, this exclusive and ultra-deluxe resort delivers...
Habtoor Grand Resort & Spa enjoys a fabulous location beside the world famous Jumeirah Beach overlooking the Dubai...
The stunning Intercontinental Resort Mauritius awaits, overlooking the Bay of Balaclava located on a pristine white...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Rove City Centre is one of Dubai's newest hotels, offering a year-round outdoor pool and fitness centre. Conveniently...
The 4* Ramada Deira hotel boasts comfortable, modern and grand interiors and facilities, as well as easy access to the...