Dubai holidays celebrated Diwali Festival in Full Flair
year Dubai really got into the spirit of Diwali festivities with special promotions. The Outlet Mall featured a 'Treasure Hunt' event with City 101.6 Radio station on15th October while the Zaika restaurant is offering a unique dining promotion
Diwali celebrations were all around Dubai this year. Those wanting to celebrate the Indian festivity in full flair and were lucky enough to be enjoying Dubai holidays during the Diwali Festival season surely made the most of this 5-day Indian holiday season.
The Diwali Season, also known as “The Festival of Lights” is celebrated all throughout India and Nepal, with many fireworks displays taking place to celebrate the triumph of good against evil according to Hinduism, Buddhism, Sikhism and Jainism. And whereas Dubai’s main Muslim majority would not normally celebrate this festivity, some restaurants and commercial outlets have decided to put up celebrations and special promotions for the Indian community in the emirate.
Such was the case for the Outlet Mall who in conjunction with City 101.6 Radio came up with a grand event to mark Diwali last Thursday, 15th October. At the celebrations Duba’s favourite RJ’s from City 101.6 animated the audience at the mall engaging them in a number of activities themed around Diwali. The most amazing activity during the day’s festivities was the biggest ‘Treasure Hunt’ ever held in Dubai, where families on Dubai holidays could take part in an adventurous game where prizes were hidden and the location needed to be found using fun and amusing Clues which were intentionally placed around the stores in Dubai Outlet Mall and surroundings. Quick thinking was the name of the game that offered participants the chance to win 1000s of Dirhams worth of goodies and vouchers. Little artists enjoying their Dubai holidays here could enter the ‘Paint My Diyas’ competition where children could get creative with paint, glitters and accessories to win lots of prizes and let their inner light shine in true Diwali fashion!
The Zaika restaurant in Al Murooj Rotana was also lighting up the festivals of lights in their own fashion, with an exquisite culinary promotion featuring tantalizing and authentic Indian flavours tastefully prepared by their Sous Chef Madhukrishna. Those wanting a real taste of India during their Dubai holidays should make their way here quick as the special menu will last from the 15h to the 19th October only!
The festive menu covers the eclectic mix of traditional as well as innovative delicacies from the Northwest Frontier of India. Diners can savour Indian cuisine at its best from the fine selection of starters and main course from the succulent à la carte menu.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dubai Browse all
Relax and enjoy your stay at this five-star resort excellent choice for families
- Enjoy many additional complimentary benefits when staying in the newly refurbished superior rooms
- First child stay free on bed and breakfast up to the age of 14 when sharing with parents
- Amazing choice of award winning restaurants and bars
With over 20 restaurants and bars, you will be amazed by the variety of fine fare on offer to enhance your holiday.
- Complimentary services include a 1-2 hour scuba diving session
- Free Half Board on selected dates
- Venture next door with complimentary access to the Wild Wadi Water Park to cool yourself from the summer sun
Chill at The Palm's newest luxury retreat, be wowed by the touches of opulence on every corner and be seduced by our amazing prize tag!
- Choose from 7 dining venues including gourmet options and enjoy access to 5 opulent bars
- Complimentary Access to So Fit "Gym, Sauna & Steam" with 25% disconut at SO SPA in addition to free WIFI
- Rooms boast a balcony with stunning view of the Arabian Gulf, includes free WIFI
Perfection is synonymous with this stunning property on Dubai's Palm Island
- Complimentary shuttle transfer to the Dubai Parks & Resorts themepark. Buy your tickets with us!
- Unlimited access to Wild Wadi Park plus free shuttle service to a selection of Dubai Shopping Malls
- There are 10 restaurants and bars serving a variety of cuisine from all over the globe
- Boasting the Talise Ottoman Spa, where guests can indulge in a host of relaxing treatments and therapies
Enjoy unparalleled luxury and splendour at one of the premier establishments sitting on Dubai's renowned Jumeirah Strip....
With a gorgeous location on the west crescent of the Palm Jumeirah, this exclusive and ultra-deluxe resort delivers...
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
The stunning Intercontinental Resort Mauritius awaits, overlooking the Bay of Balaclava located on a pristine white...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Regarded as one of Dubai's most luxury hotels, Marina View Apartments is ideally located in the centre of Dubai's...
The 4* Ramada Deira hotel boasts comfortable, modern and grand interiors and facilities, as well as easy access to the...