Oman Air keen to expand India network
Oman Air will no longer be leasing aircraft as plans are put in place to add more A330 aircrafts to their fleet. Plans are also underway to increase the number of flights to India and introduce a range of new flights to other popular holiday destinations.
Oman Air is looking to hold talks with the Indian Government soon to discuss the expansion of its network and the launch of new flights to Kenya and Tanzania.
Oman Air, who provides cheap flights for travellers on Oman holidays and India holidays as well as a range of other destinations, will no longer be leasing aircraft after November 22, and instead the airline will be adding a number of A330s to their fleet by March 2011. The A330 aircrafts come complete with First Class Mini Suites, Business Class and Economy Class, providing a range of flights to suit all budgets of travellers looking to take India holidays.
The airline have reached their capacity on routes to India and they are keen to discuss the possibilities of expanding the number of flights so that they can reach the demand for travellers taking India holidays over the next couple of years.
Oman Air is already looking to expand and introduce a number of flights to destinations across the world during 2010.
CEO of Oman Air, Peter Hill said:
"We already have Frankfurt and Munich on line. Paris will go on line this weekend and will fly four times a week. Sri Lanka and Maldives will be added at the end of the week. For next year, the finalisation of the programme is not yet complete, but you can expect to see us with more destinations in South Asia... Pakistan in particular"
"We have always done well on India. The whole airline was built around the Subcontinent. We service 10 routes to India and our passenger load to India is in the 70s all year round, so you see it is the rice bowl, the money chest."
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Make your trip to Phuket one to remember at romantic and secluded Rawai beach
- Perfect for families or couples searching for their own slice of paradise
- Free shuttle services to Ya Nui beach, Nai Harn beach and Kata beach
- Free upgrade to Deluxe Pool View
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride through Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal, experience traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide
Stay at the luxurious Dreams resort with various benefits
- Enjoy moonlit themed parties, great music shows and outdoor cinema screenings on the beach
- A wide choice of a la carte themed restaurants and chic bars ensure there is something to suit everyone
- The Explorer's Kids Club has a fully supervised children's programme with various different activities
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
With a good location next to the city centre and the medina, this charming hotel will put you in close proximity to the...