Rezidor plans 18 more Middle East hotels after Record year
The Rezidor Hotel Group, after a record year of hotel openings in the Middle East shows no signs of slowing down their expansion plans in the region as it plans a further 18 new Middle East hotels to be built over the next 3 years.
The Belgium-based Rezidor Hotel Group, one of the world’s fastest growing hotel chains, shows no sign of slowing down their ambitious expansion plans in the Middle East by planning a further 18 new Dubai hotels, Oman hotels and Egypt hotels over the course of three years.
After a record-breaking year which saw the hotel opening five new Middle East hotels in spite of global economic downturn, the company is still thirsty for more new hotel properties in the region. Rezidor’s Chief Executive, Kurt Ritter explained howthe company wants to add about 5 hotels a year under a plan to increase to 40 the number of Middle East hotels it manages from the 22 hotels it currently operates.
"We are opening five hotels a year more or less in the region. We will keep that pace if not accelerate it," said Ritter, adding that Rezidor was looking at more opportunities for adding properties in several Middle Eastern cities in addition to more Libya and Egypt hotels.
"The Middle East is doing very well compared to the rest of the world," he continued. "It has been fortunate in a way with the crunch coming late and with a much lesser impact than in Europe and the US."
Ritter said while the decline in worldwide holidaymakers taking Dubai holidays was significant, it fell from very high levels. And whilst occupancies and RevPAR are still declining in Europe, the Middle East is fairing relatively better, said Ritter. "We are looking everywhere ... in all the cities where it makes sense for us to be present."
One the company’s 2009 highlights was the introduction of its new mid-market bard, the ‘Park Inn’ which saw opening of Middle East hotels in Oman and Saudi Arabia with a third Park Inn scheduled for November as the newest of Abu Dhabi hotels, right at Yas Island – the home of the inaugural 2009 Formula One™ Etihad Airways Grand Prix.
Rezidor, which manages luxury brands such as Regent, Missoni, and Radisson, is also looking to bring its mid-market Park Inn hotels to the region to tap the growing market segment. And, according to Rezidor's CEO & President, Kurt Ritter, the increased mid-market brand openings are indicative of growing regional demand for cost-effective travel solutions.
"Generally, the Middle East is an extremely tough and fast moving market compared to Europe. It has always been very luxury orientated but we are now seeing an escalating trend for mid-market brands such as our Park Inn. This was a natural progression and one which we identified early on as a key growth area in the Middle East,"
"I am sure the Middle East will accept the trend of mid-market hotels in time," he added. "There are many five-star hotels and the little crummy local hotels but nothing in between and I think there is a big opportunity there."
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Middle East Browse all
Enjoy a varied selection of fun activities and evening entertainment at an outstandingly beautiful beach and golf resort.
- Tee off into the sunshine with the resort's beautifully landscaped 18-hole championship golf course
- Luxuriate at the Spa and select from an array of water sports while children have fun at the Kids' Club
- Work on your tan at the beautiful private beach and taste delectable world cuisine at 8 restaurants
- Free Upgrade to Superior Room!
- Add a VIP package, including No.1 Gatwick Lounge Access, Dubai Airport Fast Track and tickets to Burj Khalifa, from £99 per person
The palatial design is just the start of this luxury resort, a perfect place to escape from the dark, cold winters.
- Unlimited access to Wild Wadi Park plus free shuttle service to a selection of Dubai Shopping Malls
- FREE half board upgrade
- Fully rejuvenate with an authentic Ottoman Spa that extends over 8,000 sq. metres and features 42 individual spa rooms and suites, as well as indoor swimming pool and Turkish Hammans
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Free upgrade to half board on selected dates and two children stay free when sharing with parents
Prepare to be wowed and dazzled by mystical encounters, ancient cities, marvellous wonders and unique sites as you discover the real and magical Jordan.
- Enjoy a stop-off at Mount Nebo where Prophet Moses viewed the Promised Land
- Visit the Dead Sea & enjoy a drive along the 2000-year-old Kings Highway
- Experience Petra, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, recently voted as one of the New 7 Wonders of the World
With a gorgeous location on the west crescent of the Palm Jumeirah, this exclusive and ultra-deluxe resort delivers...
Located on the man-made island of Al Marjan, Rixos Bab Al Bahr lies near Ras Al Khaimah. Everything from tourist...
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
The stunning Intercontinental Resort Mauritius awaits, overlooking the Bay of Balaclava located on a pristine white...
Situated right at the heart of the Port Rashid district, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Mina sits ideally between the...
Offering superb accommodation with a wide range of facilities, Yas Island Rotana is conveniently located on the...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...