Rezidor plans 18 more Middle East hotels after Record year
The Rezidor Hotel Group, after a record year of hotel openings in the Middle East shows no signs of slowing down their expansion plans in the region as it plans a further 18 new Middle East hotels to be built over the next 3 years.
The Belgium-based Rezidor Hotel Group, one of the world’s fastest growing hotel chains, shows no sign of slowing down their ambitious expansion plans in the Middle East by planning a further 18 new Dubai hotels, Oman hotels and Egypt hotels over the course of three years.
After a record-breaking year which saw the hotel opening five new Middle East hotels in spite of global economic downturn, the company is still thirsty for more new hotel properties in the region. Rezidor’s Chief Executive, Kurt Ritter explained howthe company wants to add about 5 hotels a year under a plan to increase to 40 the number of Middle East hotels it manages from the 22 hotels it currently operates.
"We are opening five hotels a year more or less in the region. We will keep that pace if not accelerate it," said Ritter, adding that Rezidor was looking at more opportunities for adding properties in several Middle Eastern cities in addition to more Libya and Egypt hotels.
"The Middle East is doing very well compared to the rest of the world," he continued. "It has been fortunate in a way with the crunch coming late and with a much lesser impact than in Europe and the US."
Ritter said while the decline in worldwide holidaymakers taking Dubai holidays was significant, it fell from very high levels. And whilst occupancies and RevPAR are still declining in Europe, the Middle East is fairing relatively better, said Ritter. "We are looking everywhere ... in all the cities where it makes sense for us to be present."
One the company’s 2009 highlights was the introduction of its new mid-market bard, the ‘Park Inn’ which saw opening of Middle East hotels in Oman and Saudi Arabia with a third Park Inn scheduled for November as the newest of Abu Dhabi hotels, right at Yas Island – the home of the inaugural 2009 Formula One™ Etihad Airways Grand Prix.
Rezidor, which manages luxury brands such as Regent, Missoni, and Radisson, is also looking to bring its mid-market Park Inn hotels to the region to tap the growing market segment. And, according to Rezidor's CEO & President, Kurt Ritter, the increased mid-market brand openings are indicative of growing regional demand for cost-effective travel solutions.
"Generally, the Middle East is an extremely tough and fast moving market compared to Europe. It has always been very luxury orientated but we are now seeing an escalating trend for mid-market brands such as our Park Inn. This was a natural progression and one which we identified early on as a key growth area in the Middle East,"
"I am sure the Middle East will accept the trend of mid-market hotels in time," he added. "There are many five-star hotels and the little crummy local hotels but nothing in between and I think there is a big opportunity there."
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 19:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Middle East Browse all
Enjoy a varied selection of fun activities and evening entertainment at an outstandingly beautiful beach and golf resort.
- Luxuriate at the Spa and select from an array of water sports while children have fun at the Kids' Club
- Footsteps from the silky sands of Ras Al Khaimah's coastline
- Up to 2 children eat and stay for free!
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Exciting marine and entertainment attractions that the whole family can enjoy
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Intercontinental Mauritius + Hyatt Regency Dubai
- Stay at the Hyatt Regency Dubai, the only hotel with a restaurant that has a 360 degree view
- Intercontinental Mauritius is located on one of the most picturesque parts of the island
- Fantastic selection of facilities and amenities await at the Intercontinental Mauritius, including free Wi-Fi, children's club and fun activities for all ages
The perfect location
- Enjoy All Inclusive in beautiful Mauritius and just unwind at the beach
- Combine the best of two worlds in one journey - relax in Mauritian paradise and experience stunning Dubai
- Experience world-class dining in both incredible countries
Located on the man-made island of Al Marjan, Rixos Bab Al Bahr lies near Ras Al Khaimah. Everything from tourist...
Enjoy the stretches of sand and unlimited sunshine available here as you savour the comforts of Atlantis, The Palm. One...
Discover the beauty of Ras al Khaimah during your stay at the luxurious Doubletree by Hilton Resort and Spa Marjan...
Zabeel House Mini by Jumeirah is a playful, pocket friendly hotel high on design and low on complexity. Perfectly...
Situated right at the heart of the Port Rashid district, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Mina sits ideally between the...
Located in Deira, within old Dubai, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Muraqabat offers a prime opportunity to explore the...