Increase in UK travellers booking Mauritius holidays over christmas
With reports that the recession is finally coming to an end, there has been a rise in bookings for travellers looking for holidays abroad during the final months of the year indulging in luxury Christmas holidays in the USA, Caribbean, and Indian Ocean.
Mauritius holidays are amongst some of the firm favourite holidays destinations for UK travellers across the autumn and Christmas period this year. Despite the recent recession and financial concerns, it appears that Brits are so fed up with having to give up their luxuries that many have decided to splash out on Christmas holidays and trips abroad anyway.
As well as an increase in Mauritius holidays being booked, many travellers are looking to take breaks to the United States before the festive period. Orlando and Las Vegas have seen a significant increase in bookings and one travel company, Travel Counsellors, has already seen a 41 percent increase in Christmas bookings in comparison to the same period last year.
During September, bookings at Travel Counsellor for summer 2010 were up by 10 percent with more people looking to splash out and take Mauritius holidays, Maldives holidays, and Caribbean holidays. The increase in bookings is also thought to be helped by an encouraging exchange rate and a wide range of early-bird deals available offering considerable discounts for travellers who book their holidays in advance.
Managing Director of Travel Counsellors, Steve Byrne, said:
"We have seen a dramatic increase in sales throughout September as people look ahead of the doom and gloom and decide it's time to invest in a holiday. Sales overall were up 14 percent with the most dramatic increase in people booking to go away over Christmas These are all very promising signs and reflect the current reports that things are picking up in the current climate."
Popular long-haul destinations for travellers this autumn are said to include Thailand, Mauritius, the Maldives, and Antigua holidays.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mauritius Browse all
Live and breathe the real Mauritius for a week in an intimate boutique hotel set by clear turquoise waters and powdery-soft sands, with great facilities for everyone in the family.
- Features an excellent Children's Club offering great activities for the young ones
- Children stay free when sharing with parents
- Special Honeymoon Offers available
Join the party spirit at Tamassa, a lively resort where you can chill in a hammock, watch a movie on the beach at dusk, and leave life's stresses a million miles away
- Enjoy a wide variety of water sports and activities including windsurfing, kayaking, snorkelling, water skiing, and so much more to do
- Dine in a romantic atmosphere in one of the resorts restaurants with theatrical culinary shows
- free room upgrade to superior room
- Special Honeymoon Offers available
- Stay at this fabolous resort offering vibrant accommodation with all rooms sea-facing
luxury resort ideal for both couples and families
- Click through for our special Honeymoon Offers
- Located on the Bel Ombre's beach the resort is offering own nature reserve to explore
- Guests can benefit from a daily free green fees, mini bar in each room, or the fabulous spa treatments including one free 45-minute spa treatment per person per stay
The perfect location
- Enjoy All Inclusive in beautiful Mauritius and just unwind at the beach
- Combine the best of two worlds in one journey - relax in Mauritian paradise and experience stunning Dubai
- Experience world-class dining in both incredible countries
Prepare to be blown away by the unparalleled beauty of the north eastern coast of Mauritius as you spend eight days on...
The beauty of the East coast of Mauritius is without question, and all can be enjoyed at Laguna Beach Hotel & Spa, set...
Enjoy the island paradise of Mauritius during an 8-day stay at the luxurious Long Beach Golf Resort & Spa. Occupying the...
Get rid of stress and become one with nature at the Merville Beach - Grand Baie hotel in Mauritius. Located next to a...
Located on the sandy beach of the north-west coast of Mauritius, Les Cocotiers enjoys a close proximity to the island's...
Coin De Mire is a boutique hotel set on the north coast of Mauritius, an area of white beaches, clear turquoise waters...