Increase in UK travellers booking Mauritius holidays over christmas
With reports that the recession is finally coming to an end, there has been a rise in bookings for travellers looking for holidays abroad during the final months of the year indulging in luxury Christmas holidays in the USA, Caribbean, and Indian Ocean.
Mauritius holidays are amongst some of the firm favourite holidays destinations for UK travellers across the autumn and Christmas period this year. Despite the recent recession and financial concerns, it appears that Brits are so fed up with having to give up their luxuries that many have decided to splash out on Christmas holidays and trips abroad anyway.
As well as an increase in Mauritius holidays being booked, many travellers are looking to take breaks to the United States before the festive period. Orlando and Las Vegas have seen a significant increase in bookings and one travel company, Travel Counsellors, has already seen a 41 percent increase in Christmas bookings in comparison to the same period last year.
During September, bookings at Travel Counsellor for summer 2010 were up by 10 percent with more people looking to splash out and take Mauritius holidays, Maldives holidays, and Caribbean holidays. The increase in bookings is also thought to be helped by an encouraging exchange rate and a wide range of early-bird deals available offering considerable discounts for travellers who book their holidays in advance.
Managing Director of Travel Counsellors, Steve Byrne, said:
"We have seen a dramatic increase in sales throughout September as people look ahead of the doom and gloom and decide it's time to invest in a holiday. Sales overall were up 14 percent with the most dramatic increase in people booking to go away over Christmas These are all very promising signs and reflect the current reports that things are picking up in the current climate."
Popular long-haul destinations for travellers this autumn are said to include Thailand, Mauritius, the Maldives, and Antigua holidays.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mauritius Browse all
Take delight in the bare necessities of life when you stay at this peaceful retreat, created for body and soul rejuvenation.
- Enjoy delicious seafood barefeet in the sand at L'Ocean restaurant
- Admire beautiful sunsets from the deck around the infinity pool
- Treat yourself with a complimentary Hammam at the Spa Attitude
Make the most of the private beach, stunning sea views and a great selection of facilities that help you relieve yourself of the stresses of modern life.
- Revel in complimentary kayaking, glass bottom boating, tennis and more sports
- Enjoy culinary delights that suit all tastes from Mauritian, Asian and International to beach and poolside options
- Special Honeymoon Offers available
Mauritius is more than sugar and spice, it's a melting pot of fusion cooking, hospitable islanders and stunning natural surroundings - experience it all at the Intercontinental Mauritius
- Relax & rejuvenate at the Yuj Spa - Inspired by the various local cultural manipulation and wellness practices
- Exclusive Added Values in Mauritius: Dinner on the beach for two with fresh fruits on arrival in the room
- Indulge in a selection of Four Restaurants from Asian Fusion, Indian to Mauritian Cuisine
- Enjoy Evening Entertainment including Dance shows & Music Bands
An Exotic Escape at the beachfront Ambre Hotel in Belle Mare comes at an affordable price - it's too good to resist...
- Watersports includes Wind-surfing, kayaks,laser sails, glass-bottom boat trips and snorkelling
- Free Golf Included in your Holiday at Le Touessrok
- Excellent kids club with fun programmes for the little one open twelve hours a day
The luxurious-new InterContinental Mauritius Resort Balaclava Fort overlooks the beaches of the Bay of Balaclava. This...
The Ambre Hotel is one exclusive property that will enthral travellers and boasts uninterrupted views of the tropical...
A mix of colonial heritage and contemporary design with tropical accents, The Ravenala Attitude is the first 4-star,...
Get rid of stress and become one with nature at the Merville Beach - Grand Baie hotel in Mauritius. Located next to a...
Situated in the North West of Mauritius, Recif Attitude is an exclusive adults only hotel, overlooking a marine...
With a private beachfront in the beautifully landscaped resort of Bel Ombre, Outrigger Mauritius Beach Resort provides...