Increase in UK travellers booking Mauritius holidays over christmas
With reports that the recession is finally coming to an end, there has been a rise in bookings for travellers looking for holidays abroad during the final months of the year indulging in luxury Christmas holidays in the USA, Caribbean, and Indian Ocean.
Mauritius holidays are amongst some of the firm favourite holidays destinations for UK travellers across the autumn and Christmas period this year. Despite the recent recession and financial concerns, it appears that Brits are so fed up with having to give up their luxuries that many have decided to splash out on Christmas holidays and trips abroad anyway.
As well as an increase in Mauritius holidays being booked, many travellers are looking to take breaks to the United States before the festive period. Orlando and Las Vegas have seen a significant increase in bookings and one travel company, Travel Counsellors, has already seen a 41 percent increase in Christmas bookings in comparison to the same period last year.
During September, bookings at Travel Counsellor for summer 2010 were up by 10 percent with more people looking to splash out and take Mauritius holidays, Maldives holidays, and Caribbean holidays. The increase in bookings is also thought to be helped by an encouraging exchange rate and a wide range of early-bird deals available offering considerable discounts for travellers who book their holidays in advance.
Managing Director of Travel Counsellors, Steve Byrne, said:
"We have seen a dramatic increase in sales throughout September as people look ahead of the doom and gloom and decide it's time to invest in a holiday. Sales overall were up 14 percent with the most dramatic increase in people booking to go away over Christmas These are all very promising signs and reflect the current reports that things are picking up in the current climate."
Popular long-haul destinations for travellers this autumn are said to include Thailand, Mauritius, the Maldives, and Antigua holidays.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mauritius Browse all
With three beautiful beaches to choose from, this one-of-a-kind retreat offers bespoke experiences with a soothing and rejuvenating Feng Shui philosophy
- Relax at the spa - providing an combination experience of nutrition, yoga, spa treatments & retreats
- Special Honeymoon Offers available
- Enjoy complimentary activities including snorkelling, kayaking, water skiing, glass-bottom boat trips or some unique experience such as cinema screenings on the beach, secret bar or message in a bottle with hidden surprises
Set on the island's longest beach, beside a snorkelling paradise, Long Beach is a modern wonder with mountain scenery and an urban twist
- Enjoy a range of water sports including kayaking, boat tours and paddles boats
- Golfers can take advantage of complimentary green fees and the Free Shuttle Service to Ile aux Cerfs Championship Course
- Special Honeymoon Offers available
The perfect location
- Enjoy All Inclusive in beautiful Mauritius and just unwind at the beach
- Combine the best of two worlds in one journey - relax in Mauritian paradise and experience stunning Dubai
- Experience world-class dining in both incredible countries
Discover the beauty of Mauritius and the buzz of Dubai
- Exclusive Added Values in Mauritius: Dinner on the beach for two with fresh fruits on arrival in the room (book by 20 December)
- Intercontinental Mauritius is located on one of the most marvellous parts of the island
- Fantastic selection of facilities and amenities await at the Intercontinental Mauritius, including free Wi-Fi, children's club and fun activities for all ages.
- Stay at the Hyatt Regency Dubai, the only hotel with a restaurant that has a 360 degree view
The Ambre Hotel is one exclusive property that will enthral travellers and boasts uninterrupted views of the tropical...
Spend seven magical days in the beautiful Mauritius, enjoying its Indian Ocean coastline. The Heritage Awali gives you a...
The stunning Intercontinental Resort Mauritius awaits, overlooking the Bay of Balaclava located on a pristine white...
Get rid of stress and become one with nature at the Merville Beach - Grand Baie hotel in Mauritius. Located next to a...
Situated in the North West of Mauritius, Recif Attitude is an exclusive adults only hotel, overlooking a marine...
Make Mauritius your next holiday and revel in the tropical sun while lounging on sugary white sands and drinking in the...
Situated on the northwest coast of Mauritius, Le Meridien Ile Maurice sits at the edge of an 800m white sand beach by...