Increase in UK travellers booking Mauritius holidays over christmas
With reports that the recession is finally coming to an end, there has been a rise in bookings for travellers looking for holidays abroad during the final months of the year indulging in luxury Christmas holidays in the USA, Caribbean, and Indian Ocean.
Mauritius holidays are amongst some of the firm favourite holidays destinations for UK travellers across the autumn and Christmas period this year. Despite the recent recession and financial concerns, it appears that Brits are so fed up with having to give up their luxuries that many have decided to splash out on Christmas holidays and trips abroad anyway.
As well as an increase in Mauritius holidays being booked, many travellers are looking to take breaks to the United States before the festive period. Orlando and Las Vegas have seen a significant increase in bookings and one travel company, Travel Counsellors, has already seen a 41 percent increase in Christmas bookings in comparison to the same period last year.
During September, bookings at Travel Counsellor for summer 2010 were up by 10 percent with more people looking to splash out and take Mauritius holidays, Maldives holidays, and Caribbean holidays. The increase in bookings is also thought to be helped by an encouraging exchange rate and a wide range of early-bird deals available offering considerable discounts for travellers who book their holidays in advance.
Managing Director of Travel Counsellors, Steve Byrne, said:
"We have seen a dramatic increase in sales throughout September as people look ahead of the doom and gloom and decide it's time to invest in a holiday. Sales overall were up 14 percent with the most dramatic increase in people booking to go away over Christmas These are all very promising signs and reflect the current reports that things are picking up in the current climate."
Popular long-haul destinations for travellers this autumn are said to include Thailand, Mauritius, the Maldives, and Antigua holidays.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mauritius Browse all
An unrivalled stay where you will be surrounded by its picturesque coastline and lush greenery
- Your own private sandy beach on your doorstep
- Exquisite views wherever you look - from the vibrant green mountains to the glittering Indian Ocean
- Perfect blend of natural beauty and fresh, eye-catching designs
Relax on an 800ft stretch of white-sand beach by turquoise Indian Ocean waters at Le meridien Ile Maurice, the award winning resort in Mauritius
- Enjoy access to a Scuba Diving Centre
- Special Honeymoon Offers available
- Enjoy complimentary activities including snorkelling trips & more
Set amidst a landscape of lush vegetation, mountains and the clear waters of the Indian Ocean, the Heritage Awali oozes luxury and offers first-class service
- Special Honeymoon Offers available
- Enjoy attentive all-inclusive service in a unique setting in Bel Ombre with its own nature reserve
- Get a complimentary round of golf per day and a free spa treatment per stay
Discover the beauty of Mauritius and the buzz of Dubai
- Stay at the Hyatt Regency Dubai , the only hotel with a restaurant with 360 degree view
- Intercontinental Mauritius located on one of the most marvellous parts of the island
- Fantastic selection of facilities and amenities await at the Intercontinental Mauritius, including free Wi-Fi, children's club and fun activities for all ages.
The beauty of the East coast of Mauritius is without question, and all can be enjoyed at Laguna Beach Hotel & Spa, set...
One of the newest and most beautiful hotels to be gracing the sunkissed eastern shore of Mauritius in Palmar, the Ambre...
Prepare to be blown away by the unparalleled beauty of the north eastern coast of Mauritius as you spend eight days on...
Get rid of stress and become one with nature at the Merville Beach - Grand Baie hotel in Mauritius. Located next to a...
Situated on the northwest coast of Mauritius, Le Meridien Ile Maurice sits at the edge of an 800m white sand beach by...
Situated in the North West of Mauritius, Recif Attitude is an exclusive adults only hotel, overlooking a marine...