More Reason to visit Havana Museums during Cuba holidays
During this week from 14th October to 17th October, the National Postal Museum in Havana will be hosting an event celebrating the Cuban history of space travel, astronomy and special one-time-only stamps will be sold at a unique exhibition
For travellers wanting to take a special and unique souvenir from their Cuba holidays, here comes a one-in-a-lifetime opportunity to do so at a special exhibition taking place at one of Havana’s most centric museums. With the National Postal Museum in Havana hosting a special event to celebrate the Cuban history of space travel, astronomy and stamps, an incredible new display of special limited edition of stamps and crafts will be showcased and available for purchase.
The special exhibition will take place from the 14th October to 17th October under the title of “Cohete Postal Cubano: Patrimonio y Astronomia” (Cuban Postal Rocket: Heritage and Astronomy) and will consist of two postage stamp exhibitions: ‘Cohete Postal Cubano, 70 años de Historia’(Cuban Postal Rocket, 70 years of history), and ‘Cohetes Postales Precursores’ (Preceding Postal Rockets).
Along with the above mentioned works there is an art exhibition called ‘Cosmos, Filatelia’ and several presentations on Cuban astronomy and stamp collecting and making, giving visitors a unique opportunity to explore this less known piece of Cuban history during Cuba holidays with that little bit of extra factor.
There will be a special presentation on the first Latin American to voyage to space: Cuban cosmonaut Arnaldo Tamayo Mendez, which was commemorated with a series of Cuban stamps.
The Cuban Postal Museum will also host a Special Cancellation of the First Day with the 70 Años del Cohete Postal Cubano stamp, which will be at the public’s disposal from October 15 where the public will be able to enrich their Cuba holidays experience by getting their hands on these unique one-time only souvenirs.
In addition, the event will allow participants to carry out astronomic observations coordinated by the Institute of Geophysics and Astronomy, which will contribute to foster relations between the Cuban Postal Museum and this institution.
The Cuban Postal Museum is centrally located near Revolution Square in Avenida Independencia and 19 de Mayo, in the Havana municipality of Plaza, only a few minutes by car from Cuba hotels in Old Havana and Vedado.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Enjoy the long list of fun options for all the family or bask on Varadero's pure white sands
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 18th Oct
- Sample a host of activities including snorkelling, kayaking, windsurfing, golf and more.
- Enjoy 24-hour all-inclusive service.
- Located on a gorgeous stretch of Varadero beach.
The unlimited heaven of tranquillity in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking to adventure or relax
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by clear water when staying at Melia Varadero
- Enjoy a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Explore the historic and cultural wonders of Cuba's spellbinding capital as you unwind over an eight-day getaway. Havana...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...