More Reason to visit Havana Museums during Cuba holidays
During this week from 14th October to 17th October, the National Postal Museum in Havana will be hosting an event celebrating the Cuban history of space travel, astronomy and special one-time-only stamps will be sold at a unique exhibition
For travellers wanting to take a special and unique souvenir from their Cuba holidays, here comes a one-in-a-lifetime opportunity to do so at a special exhibition taking place at one of Havana’s most centric museums. With the National Postal Museum in Havana hosting a special event to celebrate the Cuban history of space travel, astronomy and stamps, an incredible new display of special limited edition of stamps and crafts will be showcased and available for purchase.
The special exhibition will take place from the 14th October to 17th October under the title of “Cohete Postal Cubano: Patrimonio y Astronomia” (Cuban Postal Rocket: Heritage and Astronomy) and will consist of two postage stamp exhibitions: ‘Cohete Postal Cubano, 70 años de Historia’(Cuban Postal Rocket, 70 years of history), and ‘Cohetes Postales Precursores’ (Preceding Postal Rockets).
Along with the above mentioned works there is an art exhibition called ‘Cosmos, Filatelia’ and several presentations on Cuban astronomy and stamp collecting and making, giving visitors a unique opportunity to explore this less known piece of Cuban history during Cuba holidays with that little bit of extra factor.
There will be a special presentation on the first Latin American to voyage to space: Cuban cosmonaut Arnaldo Tamayo Mendez, which was commemorated with a series of Cuban stamps.
The Cuban Postal Museum will also host a Special Cancellation of the First Day with the 70 Años del Cohete Postal Cubano stamp, which will be at the public’s disposal from October 15 where the public will be able to enrich their Cuba holidays experience by getting their hands on these unique one-time only souvenirs.
In addition, the event will allow participants to carry out astronomic observations coordinated by the Institute of Geophysics and Astronomy, which will contribute to foster relations between the Cuban Postal Museum and this institution.
The Cuban Postal Museum is centrally located near Revolution Square in Avenida Independencia and 19 de Mayo, in the Havana municipality of Plaza, only a few minutes by car from Cuba hotels in Old Havana and Vedado.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 19:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Enjoy the long list of fun options for all the family or bask on Varadero's pure white sands
- Located on a gorgeous stretch of Varadero beach.
- Sample a host of activities including snorkelling, kayaking, windsurfing, golf and more.
- Enjoy 24-hour all-inclusive service.
Expect Luxury, comfort and relaxation!
- Enjoy spa treatments, water and land sports and more for a fun-filled break
- Relish fantastic eating and drinking options 24 hours a day
- Enjoy complimentary perks, including a bottle of sparkling wine, a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple.
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- Stunning hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly, offering the best of both worlds for adventure or relaxation
- Stay in a Sea View Room in Havana for all three nights, for an extra £20 per person
- Fly premium-economy class from an extra £199 per person, each way
- Little touches to make your holiday extra special, including a welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava upon arrival in Havana and Varadero
- Experience the world famous Varadero beach, where white sand is lapped by the clear waters when staying at Melia Varadero
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Travel to one of Cuba's hidden touristic gems, Varadero, where stretches of secluded beach await you at Blau Varadero....
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Beautifully perched on the panoramic Mensura Hill, surrounded by striking greenery, this blessed and secluded natural...
Explore the many entertaining sites of the famous Varadero beach in Cuba, while enjoying a peaceful 10-day getaway at...
Club Kawama depicts a traditional hacienda type atmosphere, but in actual fact it's an All Inclusive resort. Beautifully...