More Reason to visit Havana Museums during Cuba holidays
During this week from 14th October to 17th October, the National Postal Museum in Havana will be hosting an event celebrating the Cuban history of space travel, astronomy and special one-time-only stamps will be sold at a unique exhibition
For travellers wanting to take a special and unique souvenir from their Cuba holidays, here comes a one-in-a-lifetime opportunity to do so at a special exhibition taking place at one of Havana’s most centric museums. With the National Postal Museum in Havana hosting a special event to celebrate the Cuban history of space travel, astronomy and stamps, an incredible new display of special limited edition of stamps and crafts will be showcased and available for purchase.
The special exhibition will take place from the 14th October to 17th October under the title of “Cohete Postal Cubano: Patrimonio y Astronomia” (Cuban Postal Rocket: Heritage and Astronomy) and will consist of two postage stamp exhibitions: ‘Cohete Postal Cubano, 70 años de Historia’(Cuban Postal Rocket, 70 years of history), and ‘Cohetes Postales Precursores’ (Preceding Postal Rockets).
Along with the above mentioned works there is an art exhibition called ‘Cosmos, Filatelia’ and several presentations on Cuban astronomy and stamp collecting and making, giving visitors a unique opportunity to explore this less known piece of Cuban history during Cuba holidays with that little bit of extra factor.
There will be a special presentation on the first Latin American to voyage to space: Cuban cosmonaut Arnaldo Tamayo Mendez, which was commemorated with a series of Cuban stamps.
The Cuban Postal Museum will also host a Special Cancellation of the First Day with the 70 Años del Cohete Postal Cubano stamp, which will be at the public’s disposal from October 15 where the public will be able to enrich their Cuba holidays experience by getting their hands on these unique one-time only souvenirs.
In addition, the event will allow participants to carry out astronomic observations coordinated by the Institute of Geophysics and Astronomy, which will contribute to foster relations between the Cuban Postal Museum and this institution.
The Cuban Postal Museum is centrally located near Revolution Square in Avenida Independencia and 19 de Mayo, in the Havana municipality of Plaza, only a few minutes by car from Cuba hotels in Old Havana and Vedado.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Dive into the warm water of Varadero beach and relax under the caribbean sunshine
- Book now and benefit from huge savings with the launch of the new Virgin Atlantic to Varadero offer!
- Suites feature a separate living area and Tropical suites feature breathtaking views of the sea
- Golf lovers can play on the nearby Varadero 18 hole golf course
Enjoy the exciting nightlife the Melia Marina Varadero Hotel has to offer, whilst relaxing during the day in the beautiful accommodation
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 10th Jul 2017
- Melia Marina Varadero Hotel is ideally located 300m from the beach in an ecological reserve with a dolphinarium and caves to explore
- Incredible all-inclusive benefits with dining at 9 restaurants at Melia Marina Varadero Hotel
- Excellent watersports facilities including yachting, fishing and diving
- Book now and get a free upgrade to the sea view at Melia Habana - limited availability
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Stay in two top ranked hotels on a twin centre holiday that blends luxury and historically perfectly to create a holiday of a lifetime
- Take advantage of an amazing room upgrade from a Standard Room to a Sea View Room at NH Capri
- Stay in two of the top ranked hotels in Cuba, perfectly paired to offer you a holiday like no other
- Royalton Hicacos is a luxurious resort located one of the finest beaches in Varadero where there is a little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa and activity program
- NH Capri is located in the heart of cultural Havana and is embroiled in history being one of the most popular hotels with the gangsters of the 1950’s
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...
Look out onto the day to day life of Havana's streets from the Casa Santy's balconies, with its great location and a...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...