More Reason to visit Havana Museums during Cuba holidays
During this week from 14th October to 17th October, the National Postal Museum in Havana will be hosting an event celebrating the Cuban history of space travel, astronomy and special one-time-only stamps will be sold at a unique exhibition
For travellers wanting to take a special and unique souvenir from their Cuba holidays, here comes a one-in-a-lifetime opportunity to do so at a special exhibition taking place at one of Havana’s most centric museums. With the National Postal Museum in Havana hosting a special event to celebrate the Cuban history of space travel, astronomy and stamps, an incredible new display of special limited edition of stamps and crafts will be showcased and available for purchase.
The special exhibition will take place from the 14th October to 17th October under the title of “Cohete Postal Cubano: Patrimonio y Astronomia” (Cuban Postal Rocket: Heritage and Astronomy) and will consist of two postage stamp exhibitions: ‘Cohete Postal Cubano, 70 años de Historia’(Cuban Postal Rocket, 70 years of history), and ‘Cohetes Postales Precursores’ (Preceding Postal Rockets).
Along with the above mentioned works there is an art exhibition called ‘Cosmos, Filatelia’ and several presentations on Cuban astronomy and stamp collecting and making, giving visitors a unique opportunity to explore this less known piece of Cuban history during Cuba holidays with that little bit of extra factor.
There will be a special presentation on the first Latin American to voyage to space: Cuban cosmonaut Arnaldo Tamayo Mendez, which was commemorated with a series of Cuban stamps.
The Cuban Postal Museum will also host a Special Cancellation of the First Day with the 70 Años del Cohete Postal Cubano stamp, which will be at the public’s disposal from October 15 where the public will be able to enrich their Cuba holidays experience by getting their hands on these unique one-time only souvenirs.
In addition, the event will allow participants to carry out astronomic observations coordinated by the Institute of Geophysics and Astronomy, which will contribute to foster relations between the Cuban Postal Museum and this institution.
The Cuban Postal Museum is centrally located near Revolution Square in Avenida Independencia and 19 de Mayo, in the Havana municipality of Plaza, only a few minutes by car from Cuba hotels in Old Havana and Vedado.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Discover Cuba's vibrant capital and stunning Varadero beach, getting the best of both during summer 2017
Combine exploring Havana's bustling neighbourhoods, with a relaxing beach holiday, with this amazing twin centre summer holiday package deal
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Easy access to some of the most iconic neighbourhoods in Havana, including the old colonial area
- Relax, unwind and rejuvenate your mind body and soul at the beauty salon and spa
- Exceptionally friendly and welcoming staff that go the extra mile
Stay at a Havana hotel brimming with history then head off to a brand-new beachfront resort in Varadero
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Take a holiday to enjoy the abundant natural beauty of one of Cuba's leading resorts, Varadero. This locale is known for...
Fancy a charming and adventurous holiday? Why not try our twin centre package that allows you to explore the contagious...