Dominican Republic holidays are the most stable in the Caribbean
According to French Tour Operator Marsans Transtours, the Dominican Republic has proved to be the most stable holiday destination in the Caribbean even after the recent decline in tourism badly hit the country after the recession.
Domincan Republic holidays have been declared “the most stable of Caribbean holidays” by French Tour Operator ‘Marsans Transtours’, one of the leading travel companies in the French travel market working with Dominican Republic holidays as one of their main destinations.
“The Dominican Republic is a holiday destination that provides stability and security amidst all this ocean of movement and crisis and I think this is very positive for both France and the Dominican Republic, as we can both sell a destination that attracts curious holidaymakers, on a journey of discovering the country even when we send them off to an All Inclusive holiday, they will still want to get out, shop, take excursions and get to know the people” said Bruno Gallois, Marsans Transtours’ president.
Gallois made public his opinions after holding a private meeting with Dominican Rebulic’s Tourism Secretary, Francisco Javier Garcia, during the XXXI edition of the International French Travel Market (IFMT/TOP RESA 2009), in which Dominican Republic participated with a 200-square-metre stand with the representation of 15 hotel companies which operate Dominican Republic hotels in the country.
Gallois added that despite a slight decrease of travellers from France, the Dominican Republic has continued to be a stable holiday destination, a tranquil market offering good value for money for those looking for safe holidays with a degree of both serenity, relax and discovery.
He highlighted the ability of the country to maintain its position as a leading Caribbean holiday destination despite the global crisis.
“Despite the crisis, the influx of passengers going on Dominican Republic holidays has remained at a stable level, that is to say, that we still count with around 300, 000 French passengers annually that go on Dominican Republic holidays” he continued.
He went on to add that “no other holiday destination is able to maintain this number of passengers per year”.
When talking about the Marsans company he concluded “At Marsans we take care to offer tourists with a varied holiday destination and that’s what they find when choosing Dominican holidays, a diversified destination where holidaymakers can get out of the hotel and visit other zones, engage in sporting activities such as golf, because this is the kind of diversity that Dominican Republic holidays offer”.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dominican Republic Browse all
Enjoy the relaxed vibes of the all inclusive resort in Punta Cana, complete with exclusive extras for couples!
- Enjoy a la carte cuisine in La Gondola, La perla or grills at media luna
- The resort is set in a picturesque location beside a secluded stretch of beach at Punta Cana
- Receive a 10% discount at the hotel spa
Be Live Collection Punta Cana offers Pristine white beaches, swaying palms and a pulsating Latin vibe
Head to where the sun shines and enjoy a week-long holiday by the sparkling turquoise beaches of Punta Cana. Here you'll find endless fun for all the family as well as plenty of relaxing options for adults.
- World class facilities for all the family plus children stay for half the price
- Free upgrade to the Superior Deluxe Room
- 24-Hour All-Inclusive Service
- Enjoy unlimited access to a white soda beach that's perfect for snorkelling
A couples' dream, located between a lush green tropical jungle and a beautiful sandy beach ensures total relaxation
- The Sip, Savor & See Dining Experience includes complimentary dinner, drinks and entertainment at a restaurant or bar at a participating resort of their choice
- Guestrooms and Suites provide a wealth of amenities including a daily refreshed mini bar, 24 hour room and concierge services, a large TV and much more
- The resort has a great location next to a pristine golden sand beach and lush tropical jungle
Stay at the luxurious Dreams resort with various benefits including a room upgrade to make your holiday extra special
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Enjoy moonlit themed parties, great music shows and outdoor cinema screenings on the beach
- A wide choice of a la carte themed restaurants and chic bars ensure there is something to suit everyone
- The Explorer's Kids Club has a fully supervised children's programme with various different activities
A holiday at the Dominican Republic's Punta Cana is highly recommended for several reasons. Find out for yourself why so...
Answer the call of the Dominican Republic's third-largest city and plunge into a world of lush tropical jungles and...
A holiday on the picturesque beaches of the Dominican Republic is what most everyone dreams about. Make your dreams come...
Spend eight unforgettable days in the easternmost tip of the Dominican Republic enjoying Punta Cana's pristine beaches...
Spend eight days lazing in the abundant Punta Cana sunshine as you enjoy the best in hospitality that the Dominican...
Don't miss out on the ultimate 8-day Caribbean experience at the all-inclusive Be Live Hamaca in Punta Cana, Dominican...