New BA flight routes for St Kitts Holidays praised by the island's Prime Minister
Hon. Dr. Denzil L. Douglas, Prime Minister of St Kitts and Nevis paid a special visit to the UK last week to attend the official launch of a second British Airways service to St. Kitts. and praised the airline's initiative at the special event held
An increase in the frequency of BA flights to one of its Caribbean holiday destinations is giving a boost to St. Kitts holidays whilst also receiving much praise from the island’s Prime Minister who attended the new route’s official launching ceremony held in London last week. Expressing his joy over the new flights and publicly thanking BA for their ongoing support and commitment to strengthening the St. Kitts. Holidays product, the Prime Minister declared at the ceremony:
“This solid partnership supports us in our efforts to increase tourist arrivals substantially from the UK and European markets and, more significantly, to help us maintain the upmarket quality of the St. Kitts brand image “.
Having flown to London to specifically attend the official launching event that officially celebrated the second British Airways service to St. Kitts, which started from August 2009, Prime Minister Douglas could not stress enough what a significant step forward this represented for St. Kitts Holidays and tourism, coming at a time when global tourism is still being shaken by the global economic crisis. On this subject he discussed the impact it was having on Caribbean holidays and micro tourism industries of small countries such as St. Kitts:
“We intend to meet these challenges head on to ensure that St. Kitts & Nevis remains strong economically, with key strategies in place for a new period of sustained growth and development. We believe that we can only succeed in this endeavour by working in smart partnerships like the one we have developed with British Airways and ensure that as partners we are committed to a long term and lasting relationship.”
Also speaking at the event, which was held at Club Twenty Four on 6th October with a host of attendants in the travel industry ranging from tour operators, hoteliers and agents., British Airways’ Network Planning Manager, Colm Lacy added: “It is heartening that since we launched our first flight to St Kitts in January this year we have seen numbers grow from strength to strength. In this difficult climate this is a testament to the efforts of the team at the tourism authority and the hotel partners here tonight in developing strong marketing and PR campaigns to build the awareness of the destination.”
Present at the event were His Excellency James Williams, High Commissioner for St. Kitts-Nevis to the U.K., together with Chairman of the Tourism Authority Board, Alfonso O’Garro; CEO, Rosecita Jeffers; Board Member, Claire Rawson and the UK marketing and Public Relations team.
The new flights are set to offer more flexibility for travellers looking for more options when booking their St Kitts Holidays whilst increasing the total overall capacity to the St Kitts and Nevis holiday destination. More flexibility will also be given to holidaymakers looking to better adjust the number of days they would be able to spend at St Kitts hotels.
The new additional Tuesday flight is scheduled to start operating from 23rd March 2010 and BA will use a similar configuration to its existing Saturday flight to St Kitts with a 3-class, 280 seat Boeing 777 aircraft holding 40 Club World seats, 24 World Travellers Plus and 216 World Traveller seats.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride through Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal, experience traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 15th Dec
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
The land of endless natural beauty, with ancient sight and cultural treasure, you'll be sure to embark on a holiday of a lifetime
- Unforgettable experience at Yala Safari
- English speaking chauffer guide during the roundtrip
- Transport in a comfortable vehicle
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...