New BA flight routes for St Kitts Holidays praised by the island's Prime Minister
Hon. Dr. Denzil L. Douglas, Prime Minister of St Kitts and Nevis paid a special visit to the UK last week to attend the official launch of a second British Airways service to St. Kitts. and praised the airline's initiative at the special event held
An increase in the frequency of BA flights to one of its Caribbean holiday destinations is giving a boost to St. Kitts holidays whilst also receiving much praise from the island’s Prime Minister who attended the new route’s official launching ceremony held in London last week. Expressing his joy over the new flights and publicly thanking BA for their ongoing support and commitment to strengthening the St. Kitts. Holidays product, the Prime Minister declared at the ceremony:
“This solid partnership supports us in our efforts to increase tourist arrivals substantially from the UK and European markets and, more significantly, to help us maintain the upmarket quality of the St. Kitts brand image “.
Having flown to London to specifically attend the official launching event that officially celebrated the second British Airways service to St. Kitts, which started from August 2009, Prime Minister Douglas could not stress enough what a significant step forward this represented for St. Kitts Holidays and tourism, coming at a time when global tourism is still being shaken by the global economic crisis. On this subject he discussed the impact it was having on Caribbean holidays and micro tourism industries of small countries such as St. Kitts:
“We intend to meet these challenges head on to ensure that St. Kitts & Nevis remains strong economically, with key strategies in place for a new period of sustained growth and development. We believe that we can only succeed in this endeavour by working in smart partnerships like the one we have developed with British Airways and ensure that as partners we are committed to a long term and lasting relationship.”
Also speaking at the event, which was held at Club Twenty Four on 6th October with a host of attendants in the travel industry ranging from tour operators, hoteliers and agents., British Airways’ Network Planning Manager, Colm Lacy added: “It is heartening that since we launched our first flight to St Kitts in January this year we have seen numbers grow from strength to strength. In this difficult climate this is a testament to the efforts of the team at the tourism authority and the hotel partners here tonight in developing strong marketing and PR campaigns to build the awareness of the destination.”
Present at the event were His Excellency James Williams, High Commissioner for St. Kitts-Nevis to the U.K., together with Chairman of the Tourism Authority Board, Alfonso O’Garro; CEO, Rosecita Jeffers; Board Member, Claire Rawson and the UK marketing and Public Relations team.
The new flights are set to offer more flexibility for travellers looking for more options when booking their St Kitts Holidays whilst increasing the total overall capacity to the St Kitts and Nevis holiday destination. More flexibility will also be given to holidaymakers looking to better adjust the number of days they would be able to spend at St Kitts hotels.
The new additional Tuesday flight is scheduled to start operating from 23rd March 2010 and BA will use a similar configuration to its existing Saturday flight to St Kitts with a 3-class, 280 seat Boeing 777 aircraft holding 40 Club World seats, 24 World Travellers Plus and 216 World Traveller seats.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride through Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal, experience traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- This resort is a fantastic choice for an exciting family holiday that you will never forget,why not make it extra special by upgrading to visit the amazing Xcaret Park
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars catering to every taste and occasion & access to 5 glorious Swimming Pools
Enjoy Unlimited-Luxury and make the most of the stunning secluded setting at Bavaro beach
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Younger guests get to have limitless fun at the Explorer's Kids Club and the Core Zone Teens' Club.
- Enjoy a host of activities, including tennis, basketball, volleyball, bowling, golf, Horse riding, fishing, aerobics, dance classes, water sports.
- Be dined and wined at a selection of no less than nine restaurants.
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
A modern, stylish and affordable Abu Dhabi hotel conveniently located in within easy access to the Abu Dhabi Airport as...