Cuba's Varadero Beach looks set for bright future
Varadero is planning to expand its accommodation offering with a new set of resorts and luxury rooms on the horizon. Building upon the speculation of a possible US tourism market flourishing as soon as the travel ban is lifted, Cuba plans new hotels
Varadero beach in Cuba is getting ready for U.S travellers as it plans news resorts and luxury accommodation. The majority of travellers who currently take Varadero holidays are Europeans and Canadians but hope is on the horizon for a larger U.S market if travel regulations change in the near future.
Varadero beach offers travellers taking Varadero holidays 13 miles of stunning stretches of white sand and sparkling tropical waters. Located just 90 miles east of Havana, Varadero offers visitors a wide range of accommodation and amenities suitable for guests on all inclusive Cuba holidays and Varadero holidays and there are a number of new developments currently underway to attract more tourists to the region.
Cuba's No.1 beach destination currently have a variety of Varadero hotels with over 17,000 rooms available to visitors but plans are in place to create a number of luxury lodgings to appeal to U.S travellers enjoying luxury holidays in Cuba. Located on a narrow peninsula, Varadero currently has a golf course, and a number of water activities to entice travellers. It also has its own airport with direct flights to Miami enabling it to be an accessible destination for U.S visitors.
The resort is currently aimed at travellers on "value for money" Varadero holidays but tourism officials are planning to develop new luxury accommodation and improve existing hotels, restaurants and bars to attract high end travellers.
Scott Berman, a top U.S Cuba hotel analyst from Pricewaterhouse Coopers, said:
"There's overwhelming interest in Varadero and other Cuban areas. It's a question of readiness to handle what Cuban officials and hotel analysts say could be 1 million to 2 million Americans the first year of a lifted embargo."
Tourism officials and Varadero residents are optimistic that the President of the U.S.A will loosen travel regulations for U.S travellers to Cuba so that the resort can enjoy the tourism boost it deserves.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Varadero Browse all
A superb combination of great accommodation and exciting activities make this resort one of Cuba's hottest properties
- Previous winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and ranked in the top 5 Hotels in Varadero
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Couples can benefit from a free bottle of sparkling wine and a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 15th Dec
Discover the relaxing Varadero and sink into sublim tranquillity
- Experience the beauty of Varadero Beach where you can relax and unwind on the tranquil white sandy beaches whilst enjoying the 24-hrs All-inclusive offered at the Luxurious Iberostar Varadero
- Stay in Havana's most highly rated hotel, with an iconic location facing Central Park
- Discover Cuba whilst staying at the 2 Top rated TripAdvisor hotels in Cuba
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Club Kawama depicts a traditional hacienda type atmosphere, but in actual fact it's an All Inclusive resort. Beautifully...