Cuba's Varadero Beach looks set for bright future
Varadero is planning to expand its accommodation offering with a new set of resorts and luxury rooms on the horizon. Building upon the speculation of a possible US tourism market flourishing as soon as the travel ban is lifted, Cuba plans new hotels
Varadero beach in Cuba is getting ready for U.S travellers as it plans news resorts and luxury accommodation. The majority of travellers who currently take Varadero holidays are Europeans and Canadians but hope is on the horizon for a larger U.S market if travel regulations change in the near future.
Varadero beach offers travellers taking Varadero holidays 13 miles of stunning stretches of white sand and sparkling tropical waters. Located just 90 miles east of Havana, Varadero offers visitors a wide range of accommodation and amenities suitable for guests on all inclusive Cuba holidays and Varadero holidays and there are a number of new developments currently underway to attract more tourists to the region.
Cuba's No.1 beach destination currently have a variety of Varadero hotels with over 17,000 rooms available to visitors but plans are in place to create a number of luxury lodgings to appeal to U.S travellers enjoying luxury holidays in Cuba. Located on a narrow peninsula, Varadero currently has a golf course, and a number of water activities to entice travellers. It also has its own airport with direct flights to Miami enabling it to be an accessible destination for U.S visitors.
The resort is currently aimed at travellers on "value for money" Varadero holidays but tourism officials are planning to develop new luxury accommodation and improve existing hotels, restaurants and bars to attract high end travellers.
Scott Berman, a top U.S Cuba hotel analyst from Pricewaterhouse Coopers, said:
"There's overwhelming interest in Varadero and other Cuban areas. It's a question of readiness to handle what Cuban officials and hotel analysts say could be 1 million to 2 million Americans the first year of a lifted embargo."
Tourism officials and Varadero residents are optimistic that the President of the U.S.A will loosen travel regulations for U.S travellers to Cuba so that the resort can enjoy the tourism boost it deserves.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Varadero Browse all
Enjoy a wide range of added values, fun activities or relax and lie under the sun on exclusive private beach area in Varadero
- Never waste a minute of your holiday and enjoy all fun activities from waters sports to golf lessons at Bella Costa
- Memories Miramar Hotel has a fantastic location and is only a 5-minute walk from the nearest beach
- Experience Varadero to the fullest with fantastic options for couples, families or singles as there is something to suit everyone
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 4th May 2017
Stay at a Havana hotel brimming with history then head off to a brand-new beachfront resort in Varadero
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Fancy a charming and adventurous holiday? Why not try our twin centre package that allows you to explore the contagious...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...