Cuba's Varadero Beach looks set for bright future
Varadero is planning to expand its accommodation offering with a new set of resorts and luxury rooms on the horizon. Building upon the speculation of a possible US tourism market flourishing as soon as the travel ban is lifted, Cuba plans new hotels
Varadero beach in Cuba is getting ready for U.S travellers as it plans news resorts and luxury accommodation. The majority of travellers who currently take Varadero holidays are Europeans and Canadians but hope is on the horizon for a larger U.S market if travel regulations change in the near future.
Varadero beach offers travellers taking Varadero holidays 13 miles of stunning stretches of white sand and sparkling tropical waters. Located just 90 miles east of Havana, Varadero offers visitors a wide range of accommodation and amenities suitable for guests on all inclusive Cuba holidays and Varadero holidays and there are a number of new developments currently underway to attract more tourists to the region.
Cuba's No.1 beach destination currently have a variety of Varadero hotels with over 17,000 rooms available to visitors but plans are in place to create a number of luxury lodgings to appeal to U.S travellers enjoying luxury holidays in Cuba. Located on a narrow peninsula, Varadero currently has a golf course, and a number of water activities to entice travellers. It also has its own airport with direct flights to Miami enabling it to be an accessible destination for U.S visitors.
The resort is currently aimed at travellers on "value for money" Varadero holidays but tourism officials are planning to develop new luxury accommodation and improve existing hotels, restaurants and bars to attract high end travellers.
Scott Berman, a top U.S Cuba hotel analyst from Pricewaterhouse Coopers, said:
"There's overwhelming interest in Varadero and other Cuban areas. It's a question of readiness to handle what Cuban officials and hotel analysts say could be 1 million to 2 million Americans the first year of a lifted embargo."
Tourism officials and Varadero residents are optimistic that the President of the U.S.A will loosen travel regulations for U.S travellers to Cuba so that the resort can enjoy the tourism boost it deserves.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Varadero Browse all
Escape to Cuba's sunkissed sands for an amazing price!
- The all-inclusive plan features 1 buffet restaurant, 2 A la carte, 3 snack bars and 3 bars.
- The Location on one of Varadero's best virgin beaches.
- Enjoy varied entertainment, including water sports, beach volleyball, tennis, evening performances and more.
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking to adventure or relax
- Enjoy a bottle of sparking wine and chocolates upon arrival guaranteed for couples at Melia Habana Hotel and a romantic dinner for two in Havana
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by clear water when staying at Melia Varadero
Enjoy the exciting nightlife the Melia Marina Varadero Hotel has to offer, whilst relaxing during the day in the beautiful accommodation
- Melia Marina Varadero Hotel is ideally located 300m from the beach in an ecological reserve with a dolphinarium and caves to explore
- Incredible all-inclusive benefits with dining at 9 restaurants at Melia Marina Varadero Hotel
- Excellent watersports facilities including yachting, fishing and diving
Combine exploring the iconic and pulsating city of Havana with a relaxing summer retreat to the stunning Varadero beach.
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- The plethora of activities and classes that will cater for every taste.
- A Complimentary shuttle to the iconic city of Havana
- A Luxurious and comfortable stay with 5* amenities
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Fancy a charming and adventurous holiday? Why not try our twin centre package that allows you to explore the contagious...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...