Cuba's Varadero Beach looks set for bright future
Varadero is planning to expand its accommodation offering with a new set of resorts and luxury rooms on the horizon. Building upon the speculation of a possible US tourism market flourishing as soon as the travel ban is lifted, Cuba plans new hotels
Varadero beach in Cuba is getting ready for U.S travellers as it plans news resorts and luxury accommodation. The majority of travellers who currently take Varadero holidays are Europeans and Canadians but hope is on the horizon for a larger U.S market if travel regulations change in the near future.
Varadero beach offers travellers taking Varadero holidays 13 miles of stunning stretches of white sand and sparkling tropical waters. Located just 90 miles east of Havana, Varadero offers visitors a wide range of accommodation and amenities suitable for guests on all inclusive Cuba holidays and Varadero holidays and there are a number of new developments currently underway to attract more tourists to the region.
Cuba's No.1 beach destination currently have a variety of Varadero hotels with over 17,000 rooms available to visitors but plans are in place to create a number of luxury lodgings to appeal to U.S travellers enjoying luxury holidays in Cuba. Located on a narrow peninsula, Varadero currently has a golf course, and a number of water activities to entice travellers. It also has its own airport with direct flights to Miami enabling it to be an accessible destination for U.S visitors.
The resort is currently aimed at travellers on "value for money" Varadero holidays but tourism officials are planning to develop new luxury accommodation and improve existing hotels, restaurants and bars to attract high end travellers.
Scott Berman, a top U.S Cuba hotel analyst from Pricewaterhouse Coopers, said:
"There's overwhelming interest in Varadero and other Cuban areas. It's a question of readiness to handle what Cuban officials and hotel analysts say could be 1 million to 2 million Americans the first year of a lifted embargo."
Tourism officials and Varadero residents are optimistic that the President of the U.S.A will loosen travel regulations for U.S travellers to Cuba so that the resort can enjoy the tourism boost it deserves.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Varadero Browse all
With great watersports galore, your next summer holiday can be one to remember in Cuba
- Try your hand at some adrenaline-pumping water sports including sailing, windsurfing and diving
- If you’re not up for a night on the tiles you can simply chill out at the resort and enjoy the evening’s entertainment
- If you’re a night-owl you won’t be able to resist Varadero’s buzzing nightlife
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 28th Aug 2017
Expect Luxury, comfort and relaxation!
- Enjoy spa treatments, water and land sports and more for a fun-filled break
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 31th Aug 2017
- Relish fantastic eating and drinking options 24 hours a day
- Enjoy complimentary perks, including a bottle of sparkling wine, a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple.
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Book now and get a free upgrade to the sea view at Blau Varadero - limited availability
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
- Blau Vardero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Escape to Cuba on your next holiday and book a stay at the Villa Tortuga Hotel in Varadero. It is an all inclusive hotel...