Starwood open new luxury Caribbean hotel
A luxury hotel chain will soon be adding an additional property to the of island of Vieques, near Puerto Rico, complete with a French Michelin-starred chef, 157 rooms, 21 exquisite suites, and a 6,000 square feet rejuvenating spa.
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide will be opening their first W-branded luxury Caribbean hotel this year near Puerto Rico.
W Retreat and Spa Vieques Island will be providing guests on luxury Caribbean holidays with an extravagant luxury Caribbean hotel and resort located just 8 miles off the southeast coast of Puerto Rico on the idyllic island of Vieques.
Set amongst a backdrop of isolated sandy beaches and sparkling exotic waters will be a number of two and three storey bungalows featuring airy lounges with large windows, open air terraces, and relaxing comfortable furnishings.
The luxury Caribbean hotel offers 157 rooms and 21 luxury suites with natural stone sinks, beachfront decks with stunning sea views and earthy tones incorporated into the natural decor.
The island of Vieques was formerly used as a weapons testing site by the U.S Navy until 2003 and since these activities have ended, Vieques have been busy rebuilding the island as a luxury resort destination for travellers from all over the world.
Primarily aimed at guests seeking relaxation and rejuvenation, W Retreat provides a variety of pampering treatments within a 6,000 square feet space of its Spa Chakra. Facilities include indoor and outdoor treatment rooms, swimming pools, a gym, and seafront yoga and Pilates classes.
Other facilities at W Retreat include an exquisite restaurant with Michelin-starred French chef Alain Ducasse within a formal dining room as well as a cafe and poolside tapas bar.
The luxury Caribbean hotel is scheduled to open in November and travellers can reach the stunning resort with a short flight to the island from San Juan.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Caribbean and Costa Rica Browse all
Dive into the warm water of Varadero beach and relax under the caribbean sunshine
- Book now and benefit from huge savings with the launch of the new Virgin Atlantic to Varadero offer!
- Suites feature a separate living area and Tropical suites feature breathtaking views of the sea
- Golf lovers can play on the nearby Varadero 18 hole golf course
Enjoy the exciting nightlife the Melia Marina Varadero Hotel has to offer, whilst relaxing during the day in the beautiful accommodation
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 10th Jul 2017
- Melia Marina Varadero Hotel is ideally located 300m from the beach in an ecological reserve with a dolphinarium and caves to explore
- Incredible all-inclusive benefits with dining at 9 restaurants at Melia Marina Varadero Hotel
- Excellent watersports facilities including yachting, fishing and diving
- Book now and get a free upgrade to the sea view at Melia Habana - limited availability
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- This resort is a fantastic choice for an exciting family holiday that you will never forget,why not make it extra special by upgrading to visit the amazing Xcaret Park
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars catering to every taste and occasion & access to 5 glorious Swimming Pools
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further. Home to ancient...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...
Escape to the pristine beaches of the south coast of Barbados for a holiday you will never forget. This is the perfect...
St Lawrence Gap is famous for its many restaurants, great shopping and lively nightlife. This 1.3 km stretch of road,...