Starwood open new luxury Caribbean hotel
A luxury hotel chain will soon be adding an additional property to the of island of Vieques, near Puerto Rico, complete with a French Michelin-starred chef, 157 rooms, 21 exquisite suites, and a 6,000 square feet rejuvenating spa.
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide will be opening their first W-branded luxury Caribbean hotel this year near Puerto Rico.
W Retreat and Spa Vieques Island will be providing guests on luxury Caribbean holidays with an extravagant luxury Caribbean hotel and resort located just 8 miles off the southeast coast of Puerto Rico on the idyllic island of Vieques.
Set amongst a backdrop of isolated sandy beaches and sparkling exotic waters will be a number of two and three storey bungalows featuring airy lounges with large windows, open air terraces, and relaxing comfortable furnishings.
The luxury Caribbean hotel offers 157 rooms and 21 luxury suites with natural stone sinks, beachfront decks with stunning sea views and earthy tones incorporated into the natural decor.
The island of Vieques was formerly used as a weapons testing site by the U.S Navy until 2003 and since these activities have ended, Vieques have been busy rebuilding the island as a luxury resort destination for travellers from all over the world.
Primarily aimed at guests seeking relaxation and rejuvenation, W Retreat provides a variety of pampering treatments within a 6,000 square feet space of its Spa Chakra. Facilities include indoor and outdoor treatment rooms, swimming pools, a gym, and seafront yoga and Pilates classes.
Other facilities at W Retreat include an exquisite restaurant with Michelin-starred French chef Alain Ducasse within a formal dining room as well as a cafe and poolside tapas bar.
The luxury Caribbean hotel is scheduled to open in November and travellers can reach the stunning resort with a short flight to the island from San Juan.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Caribbean and Costa Rica Browse all
Discover Be Live Collection Punta Cana's pristine white beaches, swaying palms and pulsating Latin vibe
Enjoy a fabulous holiday by the sparkling turquoise beaches of Punta Cana where you'll find endless fun as well as plenty of relaxing options
- Enjoy 24-Hour All-Inclusive Service
- Enjoy unlimited access to a fantastic beach that's perfect for snorkelling
- Great facilities for all the family plus children stay for half the price
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Exclusive discount to the eco-archaeological Xcaret Park
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars & access to 5 Swimming Pools
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Experience Vibrant Havana and relaxing Varadero at melia habana hotel and melia marina varadero hotel
Enjoy a summer holiday of a lifetime staying at two amazing hotels in both Havana and Varadero that will give you the perfect opportunity to explore all that Cuba has to offer at melia habana hotel and melia marina varadero hotel
- Book early and benefit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Melia Marina Varadero offers modern amenities and services including a fitness centre, spa and a kids club
- Exclusive extras are offered in both hotels, including a romantic dinner for two in Varadero and a half day tour in Havana
- Melia Habana enjoys an excellent location in Miramar, close to old Havana and offers stunning views of the city and its northern coast
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further. Home to ancient...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Fancy a charming and adventurous holiday? Why not try our twin centre package that allows you to explore the contagious...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...