Starwood open new luxury Caribbean hotel
A luxury hotel chain will soon be adding an additional property to the of island of Vieques, near Puerto Rico, complete with a French Michelin-starred chef, 157 rooms, 21 exquisite suites, and a 6,000 square feet rejuvenating spa.
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide will be opening their first W-branded luxury Caribbean hotel this year near Puerto Rico.
W Retreat and Spa Vieques Island will be providing guests on luxury Caribbean holidays with an extravagant luxury Caribbean hotel and resort located just 8 miles off the southeast coast of Puerto Rico on the idyllic island of Vieques.
Set amongst a backdrop of isolated sandy beaches and sparkling exotic waters will be a number of two and three storey bungalows featuring airy lounges with large windows, open air terraces, and relaxing comfortable furnishings.
The luxury Caribbean hotel offers 157 rooms and 21 luxury suites with natural stone sinks, beachfront decks with stunning sea views and earthy tones incorporated into the natural decor.
The island of Vieques was formerly used as a weapons testing site by the U.S Navy until 2003 and since these activities have ended, Vieques have been busy rebuilding the island as a luxury resort destination for travellers from all over the world.
Primarily aimed at guests seeking relaxation and rejuvenation, W Retreat provides a variety of pampering treatments within a 6,000 square feet space of its Spa Chakra. Facilities include indoor and outdoor treatment rooms, swimming pools, a gym, and seafront yoga and Pilates classes.
Other facilities at W Retreat include an exquisite restaurant with Michelin-starred French chef Alain Ducasse within a formal dining room as well as a cafe and poolside tapas bar.
The luxury Caribbean hotel is scheduled to open in November and travellers can reach the stunning resort with a short flight to the island from San Juan.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Caribbean and Costa Rica Browse all
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Exclusive discount to the eco-archaeological Xcaret Park
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars & access to 5 Swimming Pools
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Escape to the pristine beaches of the south coast of Barbados for a holiday you will never forget. This is the perfect...
St Lawrence Gap is famous for its many restaurants, great shopping and lively nightlife. This 1.3 km stretch of road,...
This is the place to be if you're looking for a sun-drenched holiday by the sea. Rostrevor Hotel is one of the most...