Starwood open new luxury Caribbean hotel
A luxury hotel chain will soon be adding an additional property to the of island of Vieques, near Puerto Rico, complete with a French Michelin-starred chef, 157 rooms, 21 exquisite suites, and a 6,000 square feet rejuvenating spa.
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide will be opening their first W-branded luxury Caribbean hotel this year near Puerto Rico.
W Retreat and Spa Vieques Island will be providing guests on luxury Caribbean holidays with an extravagant luxury Caribbean hotel and resort located just 8 miles off the southeast coast of Puerto Rico on the idyllic island of Vieques.
Set amongst a backdrop of isolated sandy beaches and sparkling exotic waters will be a number of two and three storey bungalows featuring airy lounges with large windows, open air terraces, and relaxing comfortable furnishings.
The luxury Caribbean hotel offers 157 rooms and 21 luxury suites with natural stone sinks, beachfront decks with stunning sea views and earthy tones incorporated into the natural decor.
The island of Vieques was formerly used as a weapons testing site by the U.S Navy until 2003 and since these activities have ended, Vieques have been busy rebuilding the island as a luxury resort destination for travellers from all over the world.
Primarily aimed at guests seeking relaxation and rejuvenation, W Retreat provides a variety of pampering treatments within a 6,000 square feet space of its Spa Chakra. Facilities include indoor and outdoor treatment rooms, swimming pools, a gym, and seafront yoga and Pilates classes.
Other facilities at W Retreat include an exquisite restaurant with Michelin-starred French chef Alain Ducasse within a formal dining room as well as a cafe and poolside tapas bar.
The luxury Caribbean hotel is scheduled to open in November and travellers can reach the stunning resort with a short flight to the island from San Juan.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Caribbean and Costa Rica Browse all
With great watersports galore, your next summer holiday can be one to remember in Cuba
- Try your hand at some adrenaline-pumping water sports including sailing, windsurfing and diving
- If you’re not up for a night on the tiles you can simply chill out at the resort and enjoy the evening’s entertainment
- If you’re a night-owl you won’t be able to resist Varadero’s buzzing nightlife
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 28th Aug 2017
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking to adventure or relax
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by clear water when staying at Melia Varadero
- Enjoy a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Look out onto the day to day life of Havana's streets from the Casa Santy's balconies, with its great location and a...