Ritz-Carlton Announces its First of Egypt hotels in Cairo
Ritz-Carlton have announced plans to continue its rapid expansion plans in Egypt with their first hotel in the capital city, converting the historic Nile Hilton into the new Nile Ritz-Carlton after extensive renovations to be completed by 2011
Ritz-Carlton is about to leave its first mark on Cairo with its newest of Egypt hotels to be renovated at the heart of the Egyptian capital. Marking this as their first property to be branded under their name in the city, the new Nile Ritz-Carlton will be owned by Misr Hotels and will be a total conversion of the old Nile Hilton into a new ultra-deluxe hotel strategically located facing the iconic Nile river in the heart of bustling downtown Cairo.
Egypt holidays are about to get seriously exclusive and luxurious with this newest addition to Egypt hotels in Cairo. Plans are to convert in place to convert the previous 431-room Nile Hilton into a full-fledged Ritz-Carlton after an extensive and thorough renovation period starting now and expected to be finished by sometime in 2011.
Simon F. Cooper, President and Chief Operating Officer of The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company, L.L.C. expressed his joy over the new project: “We are honoured to have been selected by Misr Hotels to assume management of this iconic hotel. The hotel’s prime location in the literal centre of the city combined with The Ritz-Carlton’s renowned service will produce memorable stays for all our guests when it re-opens after the restoration phase. Our plans for The Nile Ritz-Carlton, Cairo are wide-ranging, and will include conversion of certain facilities to re-establish the hotel to its status as the leading property in the region.”
“We also continue to explore other opportunities and destinations in the country,” Mr. Cooper added. “With the growth in tourism, the increasing strength of the Egyptian economy, the sustained development of the infrastructure required, and the investment support from within the Egyptian tourism and hospitality sector, we see expansion within Egypt to be an important future strategy.”
The complete restoration and renovation process of the half-century old property commenced during mid 2009 and will last from approximately 18 to 24 months. The aim is to transform the venerable hotel into a modern benchmark for contemporary luxury Egypt holidays worthy of The Ritz-Carlton brand when it re-opens, while preserving its iconic heritage. The idea is to add the extra “oomph” factor for truly serious luxury holidays whilst remaining true to the hotel’s historic origins and classic design.
“Our selection of The Ritz-Carlton is based on a very strict assessment of the company’s renowned stature in the hospitality industry,” commented Aly Abdel Aziz, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of The Holding Company for Tourism, Hotels and Cinema. “The presence of The Ritz-Carlton in the heart of the city, paralleled with the extensive efforts of the Egyptian government to upgrade and improve the entire infrastructure of the industry is an affirmation of its serious commitment to attract new development projects and improve the entire investment environment in Egypt.”
“We carefully considered offers from many global management companies proposing to add this hotel to their collection of luxury properties. Ultimately, the offer by The Ritz-Carlton, a company with a reputation for service excellence and award-winning corporate culture, was retained to restore and manage this iconic property.” said Fathi Nour, Chairman of Misr Hotels Company.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride in Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal in Agra, experience a feast to remember with a traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide will take you around the sightseeing & excursion tours as per the itinerary
- Book before 31st January 2017 and get an exclusive complimentary upgrade to Half Board
Fun and relaxation for all the family - there's something for everyone at Laguna Beach, come and discover it for yourself.
- Romantic boutique hotel at the beautiful Fisherman's Cove
- Winner of TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence for three years in a row
- Complimentary watersport like glass bottom boat, windsurfing, kayaks, snorkeling and more
An eco-tourist's dream - embark on an amazing journey of discovery with the perfect combination of comfort and adventure in tropical Costa Rica.
- Explore the amazing country of Costa Rica and discover all it's gems on this in depth tour with a fabulous beach stay
- During this tour you will experience various unique inclusions including a fantastic stay in tented accommodation under the stars in Arenal
- Enjoy various activities and exploration on this holiday including river rafting and much more with various optional tours to add
Uncover the charms of India as you spend eight days touring some of its most important touristic sites. The Golden...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The 4* Ramada Deira hotel boasts comfortable, modern and grand interiors and facilities, as well as easy access to the...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...