Ritz-Carlton Announces its First of Egypt hotels in Cairo
Ritz-Carlton have announced plans to continue its rapid expansion plans in Egypt with their first hotel in the capital city, converting the historic Nile Hilton into the new Nile Ritz-Carlton after extensive renovations to be completed by 2011
Ritz-Carlton is about to leave its first mark on Cairo with its newest of Egypt hotels to be renovated at the heart of the Egyptian capital. Marking this as their first property to be branded under their name in the city, the new Nile Ritz-Carlton will be owned by Misr Hotels and will be a total conversion of the old Nile Hilton into a new ultra-deluxe hotel strategically located facing the iconic Nile river in the heart of bustling downtown Cairo.
Egypt holidays are about to get seriously exclusive and luxurious with this newest addition to Egypt hotels in Cairo. Plans are to convert in place to convert the previous 431-room Nile Hilton into a full-fledged Ritz-Carlton after an extensive and thorough renovation period starting now and expected to be finished by sometime in 2011.
Simon F. Cooper, President and Chief Operating Officer of The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company, L.L.C. expressed his joy over the new project: “We are honoured to have been selected by Misr Hotels to assume management of this iconic hotel. The hotel’s prime location in the literal centre of the city combined with The Ritz-Carlton’s renowned service will produce memorable stays for all our guests when it re-opens after the restoration phase. Our plans for The Nile Ritz-Carlton, Cairo are wide-ranging, and will include conversion of certain facilities to re-establish the hotel to its status as the leading property in the region.”
“We also continue to explore other opportunities and destinations in the country,” Mr. Cooper added. “With the growth in tourism, the increasing strength of the Egyptian economy, the sustained development of the infrastructure required, and the investment support from within the Egyptian tourism and hospitality sector, we see expansion within Egypt to be an important future strategy.”
The complete restoration and renovation process of the half-century old property commenced during mid 2009 and will last from approximately 18 to 24 months. The aim is to transform the venerable hotel into a modern benchmark for contemporary luxury Egypt holidays worthy of The Ritz-Carlton brand when it re-opens, while preserving its iconic heritage. The idea is to add the extra “oomph” factor for truly serious luxury holidays whilst remaining true to the hotel’s historic origins and classic design.
“Our selection of The Ritz-Carlton is based on a very strict assessment of the company’s renowned stature in the hospitality industry,” commented Aly Abdel Aziz, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of The Holding Company for Tourism, Hotels and Cinema. “The presence of The Ritz-Carlton in the heart of the city, paralleled with the extensive efforts of the Egyptian government to upgrade and improve the entire infrastructure of the industry is an affirmation of its serious commitment to attract new development projects and improve the entire investment environment in Egypt.”
“We carefully considered offers from many global management companies proposing to add this hotel to their collection of luxury properties. Ultimately, the offer by The Ritz-Carlton, a company with a reputation for service excellence and award-winning corporate culture, was retained to restore and manage this iconic property.” said Fathi Nour, Chairman of Misr Hotels Company.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Exclusive India Sale, Enjoy Huge reductions on all our tours must be booked by 31 August 2017
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride through Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal, experience traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide
A couples' dream, located between a lush green tropical jungle and a beautiful sandy beach ensures total relaxation
- Enjoy huge savings on this amazing hotel including 'Live It Up' for travel in 2018 slashing higher room category prices
- The Sip, Savor & See Dining Experience includes complimentary dinner, drinks and entertainment at a restaurant or bar at a participating resort of their choice
- Guestrooms and Suites provide a wealth of amenities including a daily refreshed mini bar, 24 hour room and concierge services, a large TV and much more
- The resort has a great location next to a pristine golden sand beach and lush tropical jungle
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Despite having opened its doors to guests in 2008, this boutique hotel has been around for much longer as it once was a...