Ritz-Carlton Announces its First of Egypt hotels in Cairo
Ritz-Carlton have announced plans to continue its rapid expansion plans in Egypt with their first hotel in the capital city, converting the historic Nile Hilton into the new Nile Ritz-Carlton after extensive renovations to be completed by 2011
Ritz-Carlton is about to leave its first mark on Cairo with its newest of Egypt hotels to be renovated at the heart of the Egyptian capital. Marking this as their first property to be branded under their name in the city, the new Nile Ritz-Carlton will be owned by Misr Hotels and will be a total conversion of the old Nile Hilton into a new ultra-deluxe hotel strategically located facing the iconic Nile river in the heart of bustling downtown Cairo.
Egypt holidays are about to get seriously exclusive and luxurious with this newest addition to Egypt hotels in Cairo. Plans are to convert in place to convert the previous 431-room Nile Hilton into a full-fledged Ritz-Carlton after an extensive and thorough renovation period starting now and expected to be finished by sometime in 2011.
Simon F. Cooper, President and Chief Operating Officer of The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company, L.L.C. expressed his joy over the new project: “We are honoured to have been selected by Misr Hotels to assume management of this iconic hotel. The hotel’s prime location in the literal centre of the city combined with The Ritz-Carlton’s renowned service will produce memorable stays for all our guests when it re-opens after the restoration phase. Our plans for The Nile Ritz-Carlton, Cairo are wide-ranging, and will include conversion of certain facilities to re-establish the hotel to its status as the leading property in the region.”
“We also continue to explore other opportunities and destinations in the country,” Mr. Cooper added. “With the growth in tourism, the increasing strength of the Egyptian economy, the sustained development of the infrastructure required, and the investment support from within the Egyptian tourism and hospitality sector, we see expansion within Egypt to be an important future strategy.”
The complete restoration and renovation process of the half-century old property commenced during mid 2009 and will last from approximately 18 to 24 months. The aim is to transform the venerable hotel into a modern benchmark for contemporary luxury Egypt holidays worthy of The Ritz-Carlton brand when it re-opens, while preserving its iconic heritage. The idea is to add the extra “oomph” factor for truly serious luxury holidays whilst remaining true to the hotel’s historic origins and classic design.
“Our selection of The Ritz-Carlton is based on a very strict assessment of the company’s renowned stature in the hospitality industry,” commented Aly Abdel Aziz, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of The Holding Company for Tourism, Hotels and Cinema. “The presence of The Ritz-Carlton in the heart of the city, paralleled with the extensive efforts of the Egyptian government to upgrade and improve the entire infrastructure of the industry is an affirmation of its serious commitment to attract new development projects and improve the entire investment environment in Egypt.”
“We carefully considered offers from many global management companies proposing to add this hotel to their collection of luxury properties. Ultimately, the offer by The Ritz-Carlton, a company with a reputation for service excellence and award-winning corporate culture, was retained to restore and manage this iconic property.” said Fathi Nour, Chairman of Misr Hotels Company.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Free upgrade to half board on selected dates and two children stay free when sharing with parents
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride in Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal in Agra, experience a feast to remember with a traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- An English-Speaking local Guide will take you around the sightseeing & excursion tours as per the itinerary
Stretching along a blessed mile of powdery soft sands, this all-inclusive resort is the perfect place for endless family fun.
- The Kids Club has an outdoor playground and kids-only pool while the Teen Centre for over 13s offers a great variety of fun activities
- Enjoy a FREE glass bottom boat trip, island jeep safari and island coach tour
- Fantastic location 30 minutes to Bridgetown, 5 minutes to Speightstown and 15 minutes to Holetown, there is plenty to explore around the Almond Beach Resort
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Perfectly positioned right at the heart of Marrakesh's chic and trendy Hivernage district, a modern neighbourhood in...
Situated right at the heart of the Port Rashid district, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Mina sits ideally between the...
Offering superb accommodation with a wide range of facilities, Yas Island Rotana is conveniently located on the...