Environmental Award graces another Melia Cuba hotel in Holguin
TUI UK & Ireland have granted their prestigious Travelife Gold Award recognition to Melia's Sol Rio de Luna y Mares hotel in Holguin. The award was given in recognition of this Cuba hotel's excellence of their environmental management policy
Yet another of Meliá’s popular Cuba hotels has just received an award for the excellence of their Environmental Management at their Sol Rio de Luna y Mares hotel in Holguin. This beautiful Cuba hotel in the region of Playa Esmeralda has been the proud winner of the prestigious ‘Travelife Gold Award’ by TUI UK & Ireland which rewards the ecological efforts of hotels and resorts to preserve the local environment.
The official notification informing of TUI´s decision to reward the environmentally friendliness of Cuba holidays at this hotel, stated that Sol Rio de Luna y Mares deserved to be distinguished with the Travelife Gold award as leaders in the implementation of the best environmental management practices and the support of neighboring communities.
"We are convinced of the strong ties that exist between the success of our industry in the long run and the impact of vacations on the environment and communities. Furthermore, there is a growing interest among the public, media, governments and investors with regards to the manner in which this impact is managed. Our surveys indicate that these issues also have a significant influence on British holidaymakers when purchasing a tourist package" affirmed TUI.
Sol Rio de Luna y Mares is an All-Inclusive, 4-star resort located in a breathtaking beachfront location at Playa Esmeralda within an authentic ecological setting of tropical foliage and an abundance of plants and marine life. One of the most splendid and charming places to spend Cuba holidays in the western resort of Holguín.
Especially recommended for families, this hotel complex is surrounded by extensive green areas and offers a wide range of services and varied activities for adults and children alike. For the most fun-filled of Cuba holidays in the tranquil resort of Holguin, there’s certainly no better place to go!
This is the second of Sol Meliá Cuba hotels to be awarded this year by TUI UK & Ireland for their responsible environmental management practices. Last June, the Meliá group’s Paradisus Rio de Oro hotel, also in the Holguín province, received the Travelife Silver distinction for its active promotion of environmental and community quality.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Exclusive discount to the eco-archaeological Xcaret Park
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars & access to 5 Swimming Pools
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride in Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal in Agra, experience a feast to remember with a traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide will take you around the sightseeing & excursion tours as per the itinerary
- Book before 31st January 2017 and get an exclusive complimentary upgrade to Half Board
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Uncover the charms of India as you spend eight days touring some of its most important touristic sites. The Golden...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The 4* Ramada Deira hotel boasts comfortable, modern and grand interiors and facilities, as well as easy access to the...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...