Environmental Award graces another Melia Cuba hotel in Holguin
TUI UK & Ireland have granted their prestigious Travelife Gold Award recognition to Melia's Sol Rio de Luna y Mares hotel in Holguin. The award was given in recognition of this Cuba hotel's excellence of their environmental management policy
Yet another of Meliá’s popular Cuba hotels has just received an award for the excellence of their Environmental Management at their Sol Rio de Luna y Mares hotel in Holguin. This beautiful Cuba hotel in the region of Playa Esmeralda has been the proud winner of the prestigious ‘Travelife Gold Award’ by TUI UK & Ireland which rewards the ecological efforts of hotels and resorts to preserve the local environment.
The official notification informing of TUI´s decision to reward the environmentally friendliness of Cuba holidays at this hotel, stated that Sol Rio de Luna y Mares deserved to be distinguished with the Travelife Gold award as leaders in the implementation of the best environmental management practices and the support of neighboring communities.
"We are convinced of the strong ties that exist between the success of our industry in the long run and the impact of vacations on the environment and communities. Furthermore, there is a growing interest among the public, media, governments and investors with regards to the manner in which this impact is managed. Our surveys indicate that these issues also have a significant influence on British holidaymakers when purchasing a tourist package" affirmed TUI.
Sol Rio de Luna y Mares is an All-Inclusive, 4-star resort located in a breathtaking beachfront location at Playa Esmeralda within an authentic ecological setting of tropical foliage and an abundance of plants and marine life. One of the most splendid and charming places to spend Cuba holidays in the western resort of Holguín.
Especially recommended for families, this hotel complex is surrounded by extensive green areas and offers a wide range of services and varied activities for adults and children alike. For the most fun-filled of Cuba holidays in the tranquil resort of Holguin, there’s certainly no better place to go!
This is the second of Sol Meliá Cuba hotels to be awarded this year by TUI UK & Ireland for their responsible environmental management practices. Last June, the Meliá group’s Paradisus Rio de Oro hotel, also in the Holguín province, received the Travelife Silver distinction for its active promotion of environmental and community quality.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 18:30 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Make your trip to Phuket one to remember at romantic and secluded Rawai beach
- Perfect for families or couples searching for their own slice of paradise
- Free shuttle services to Ya Nui beach, Nai Harn beach and Kata beach
- Free upgrade to Deluxe Pool View
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Indulge in the finer things in life at a luxury five-star retreat and enjoy rocking the night away
- The location on Cancun's tranquil southern shore, provides the perfect rejuivinating base for exploring Cancun.
- The resort is home to one of only two Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Courses in Cancun.
- Enjoy the array of activities including surfing, golf, dolphin swims, tours, spa treatments and much more.
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- This package offers little touches to make your holiday extra special including a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking for adventure or relaxation
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by the clear waters when staying at Melia Varadero
Uncover the charms of India as you spend eight days touring some of its most important touristic sites. The Golden...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
With all the modern facilities and comforts you would expect from a 4* hotel, this hotel is set within central Al Barsha...
Fairmont Ajman is surrounded by stunning white sandy beaches and year round sunshine, just 30 minutes from the bustling...