Environmental Award graces another Melia Cuba hotel in Holguin
TUI UK & Ireland have granted their prestigious Travelife Gold Award recognition to Melia's Sol Rio de Luna y Mares hotel in Holguin. The award was given in recognition of this Cuba hotel's excellence of their environmental management policy
Yet another of Meliá’s popular Cuba hotels has just received an award for the excellence of their Environmental Management at their Sol Rio de Luna y Mares hotel in Holguin. This beautiful Cuba hotel in the region of Playa Esmeralda has been the proud winner of the prestigious ‘Travelife Gold Award’ by TUI UK & Ireland which rewards the ecological efforts of hotels and resorts to preserve the local environment.
The official notification informing of TUI´s decision to reward the environmentally friendliness of Cuba holidays at this hotel, stated that Sol Rio de Luna y Mares deserved to be distinguished with the Travelife Gold award as leaders in the implementation of the best environmental management practices and the support of neighboring communities.
"We are convinced of the strong ties that exist between the success of our industry in the long run and the impact of vacations on the environment and communities. Furthermore, there is a growing interest among the public, media, governments and investors with regards to the manner in which this impact is managed. Our surveys indicate that these issues also have a significant influence on British holidaymakers when purchasing a tourist package" affirmed TUI.
Sol Rio de Luna y Mares is an All-Inclusive, 4-star resort located in a breathtaking beachfront location at Playa Esmeralda within an authentic ecological setting of tropical foliage and an abundance of plants and marine life. One of the most splendid and charming places to spend Cuba holidays in the western resort of Holguín.
Especially recommended for families, this hotel complex is surrounded by extensive green areas and offers a wide range of services and varied activities for adults and children alike. For the most fun-filled of Cuba holidays in the tranquil resort of Holguin, there’s certainly no better place to go!
This is the second of Sol Meliá Cuba hotels to be awarded this year by TUI UK & Ireland for their responsible environmental management practices. Last June, the Meliá group’s Paradisus Rio de Oro hotel, also in the Holguín province, received the Travelife Silver distinction for its active promotion of environmental and community quality.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Make your trip to Phuket one to remember at romantic and secluded Rawai beach
- Take advantage opf the FREE double room upgrade
- Perfect for families or couples searching for their own slice of paradise
- Relaxing location close to the beach
- Free shuttle services to Ya Nui beach, Nai Harn beach and Kata beach
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Exclusive India Sale, Enjoy Huge reductions on all our tours must be booked by 31 August 2017
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride through Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal, experience traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide
A couples' dream, located between a lush green tropical jungle and a beautiful sandy beach ensures total relaxation
- Enjoy huge savings on this amazing hotel including 'Live It Up' for travel in 2018 slashing higher room category prices
- The Sip, Savor & See Dining Experience includes complimentary dinner, drinks and entertainment at a restaurant or bar at a participating resort of their choice
- Guestrooms and Suites provide a wealth of amenities including a daily refreshed mini bar, 24 hour room and concierge services, a large TV and much more
- The resort has a great location next to a pristine golden sand beach and lush tropical jungle
Unwind in an adults-only paradise upon white sands with a FREE room upgrade and HALF price accomodation
Stay in pure paradise at Pineapple Beach Club, surrounded by a stunning waterfront of spectacular powdery white sands, it's heaven on earth
- Rejuvenate at the luxurious hotel spa or keep active all the selection of All-Inclusive water and on land activities included during your stay
- Formerly Grand Pineapple Beach Resort, The Pineapple Beach Club is a newly renovated Adults-Only All Inclusive Paradise
- Book and save up to 50%Summer just got better with savings of up to 50% plus a FREE ROOM UPGRADE in selected rooms
- Dine Al Fresco with breathtaking views of the turquoise waters of Long Bay
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Despite having opened its doors to guests in 2008, this boutique hotel has been around for much longer as it once was a...