Etihad Moves to their New Airport Home at Heathrow's Terminal 4
The national airline of the UAE has now officially moved into a new home at London Heathrow's Terminal 4, switching their three daily flight frequencies to Abu Dhabi from their previous main position at Terminal 3
The main flag carrier to Abu Dhabi holidays and the UAE’s national airline, Etihad Airways has now officially moved to their new permanent home at Terminal 4, switching from their previous hub at Terminal 3 in London’s Heathrow Airport.
Celebrating the new move, one of the famous judges from the hit TV show X-Factor, Danii Minogue was present to personally welcome the first Etihad passengers and holidaymakers coming from Dubai holidays, Abu Dhabi holidays and nearby Middle East holiday destination that the airline serves. She personally greeted them and chatted with them at length as they checked in for their flight at the airline’s new dedicated check-in facilities.
“The new Etihad check-in facilities and lounge are among the best available at London Heathrow. Passengers will now receive world-class service from the moment they enter the terminal through to their flight with Etihad to more than 55 destinations around the world. Etihad is committed to delivering the best airline experience in the world and we look forward to welcoming our customers to our new Heathrow home at Terminal Four.” said Etihad’s Chief Commercial Officer, Peter Baumgartner.
Colin Matthews, a chief executive of Heathrow, added: “We are delighted to see Etihad Airways settle in Terminal 4. We are investing £200 million at Terminal 4, rebuilding many parts of the terminal, providing passengers with a new, modern airport building that offers improved facilities and higher standards of service.”
At Etihad’s new hub in Terminal 4 there are individual treatment rooms where therapists from Six Senses Spa offer passengers facials, and foot and leg massages. The lounge also boasts five-star dining facilities with a selection of foods from around the world, all cooked in an open kitchen. Other features of the lounge include a prayer room, a relaxing seating area with Poltrona Frau leather chairs and bathroom and shower facilities.
Etihad Airways’ move to Terminal Four is part of a multi-million pound investment by BAA that will see new shops and facilities and an increased level of comfort for passengers using the terminal.
Dannii Minogue also met the first Etihad customers to use the new premium lounge, the airline’s second outstation lounge after the one recently opened in Frankfurt and which now features a modern timber panelled business centre that provides workstations with WiFi and privacy for those with laptops.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Stay at the luxurious Dreams resort with various benefits including a room upgrade to make your holiday extra special
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Enjoy moonlit themed parties, great music shows and outdoor cinema screenings on the beach
- A wide choice of a la carte themed restaurants and chic bars ensure there is something to suit everyone
- The Explorer's Kids Club has a fully supervised children's programme with various different activities
Prepare to be wowed and dazzled by mystical encounters, ancient cities, marvellous wonders and unique sites as you discover the real and magical Jordan.
- Enjoy a stop-off at Mount Nebo where Prophet Moses viewed the Promised Land
- Visit the Dead Sea & enjoy a drive along the 2000-year-old Kings Highway
- Experience Petra, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, recently voted as one of the New 7 Wonders of the World
Do the castaway experience in style and live your Robinson Crusoe dream
- Lose yourself in over 3 km of pristine beaches and aquamarine lagoons
- Beautiful bungalows nestled in the tropical gardens or on the beach, right over the lagoon
- Sample mouth-watering delights at a wide selection of dining options from flavours of the Orient to Mediterranean delights
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Fairmont Ajman is surrounded by stunning white sandy beaches and year round sunshine, just 30 minutes from the bustling...