Etihad Moves to their New Airport Home at Heathrow's Terminal 4
The national airline of the UAE has now officially moved into a new home at London Heathrow's Terminal 4, switching their three daily flight frequencies to Abu Dhabi from their previous main position at Terminal 3
The main flag carrier to Abu Dhabi holidays and the UAE’s national airline, Etihad Airways has now officially moved to their new permanent home at Terminal 4, switching from their previous hub at Terminal 3 in London’s Heathrow Airport.
Celebrating the new move, one of the famous judges from the hit TV show X-Factor, Danii Minogue was present to personally welcome the first Etihad passengers and holidaymakers coming from Dubai holidays, Abu Dhabi holidays and nearby Middle East holiday destination that the airline serves. She personally greeted them and chatted with them at length as they checked in for their flight at the airline’s new dedicated check-in facilities.
“The new Etihad check-in facilities and lounge are among the best available at London Heathrow. Passengers will now receive world-class service from the moment they enter the terminal through to their flight with Etihad to more than 55 destinations around the world. Etihad is committed to delivering the best airline experience in the world and we look forward to welcoming our customers to our new Heathrow home at Terminal Four.” said Etihad’s Chief Commercial Officer, Peter Baumgartner.
Colin Matthews, a chief executive of Heathrow, added: “We are delighted to see Etihad Airways settle in Terminal 4. We are investing £200 million at Terminal 4, rebuilding many parts of the terminal, providing passengers with a new, modern airport building that offers improved facilities and higher standards of service.”
At Etihad’s new hub in Terminal 4 there are individual treatment rooms where therapists from Six Senses Spa offer passengers facials, and foot and leg massages. The lounge also boasts five-star dining facilities with a selection of foods from around the world, all cooked in an open kitchen. Other features of the lounge include a prayer room, a relaxing seating area with Poltrona Frau leather chairs and bathroom and shower facilities.
Etihad Airways’ move to Terminal Four is part of a multi-million pound investment by BAA that will see new shops and facilities and an increased level of comfort for passengers using the terminal.
Dannii Minogue also met the first Etihad customers to use the new premium lounge, the airline’s second outstation lounge after the one recently opened in Frankfurt and which now features a modern timber panelled business centre that provides workstations with WiFi and privacy for those with laptops.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Make your trip to Phuket one to remember at romantic and secluded Rawai beach
- Take advantage opf the FREE double room upgrade
- Perfect for families or couples searching for their own slice of paradise
- Relaxing location close to the beach
- Free shuttle services to Ya Nui beach, Nai Harn beach and Kata beach
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Exclusive India Sale, Enjoy Huge reductions on all our tours must be booked by 31 August 2017
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride through Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal, experience traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide
A couples' dream, located between a lush green tropical jungle and a beautiful sandy beach ensures total relaxation
- Enjoy huge savings on this amazing hotel including 'Live It Up' for travel in 2018 slashing higher room category prices
- The Sip, Savor & See Dining Experience includes complimentary dinner, drinks and entertainment at a restaurant or bar at a participating resort of their choice
- Guestrooms and Suites provide a wealth of amenities including a daily refreshed mini bar, 24 hour room and concierge services, a large TV and much more
- The resort has a great location next to a pristine golden sand beach and lush tropical jungle
Indulge in the finer things in life at a luxury five-star retreat and enjoy rocking the night away
- The location on Cancun's tranquil southern shore, provides the perfect rejuivinating base for exploring Cancun.
- The resort is home to one of only two Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Courses in Cancun.
- Enjoy the array of activities including surfing, golf, dolphin swims, tours, spa treatments and much more.
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Despite having opened its doors to guests in 2008, this boutique hotel has been around for much longer as it once was a...