Etihad Moves to their New Airport Home at Heathrow's Terminal 4
The national airline of the UAE has now officially moved into a new home at London Heathrow's Terminal 4, switching their three daily flight frequencies to Abu Dhabi from their previous main position at Terminal 3
The main flag carrier to Abu Dhabi holidays and the UAE’s national airline, Etihad Airways has now officially moved to their new permanent home at Terminal 4, switching from their previous hub at Terminal 3 in London’s Heathrow Airport.
Celebrating the new move, one of the famous judges from the hit TV show X-Factor, Danii Minogue was present to personally welcome the first Etihad passengers and holidaymakers coming from Dubai holidays, Abu Dhabi holidays and nearby Middle East holiday destination that the airline serves. She personally greeted them and chatted with them at length as they checked in for their flight at the airline’s new dedicated check-in facilities.
“The new Etihad check-in facilities and lounge are among the best available at London Heathrow. Passengers will now receive world-class service from the moment they enter the terminal through to their flight with Etihad to more than 55 destinations around the world. Etihad is committed to delivering the best airline experience in the world and we look forward to welcoming our customers to our new Heathrow home at Terminal Four.” said Etihad’s Chief Commercial Officer, Peter Baumgartner.
Colin Matthews, a chief executive of Heathrow, added: “We are delighted to see Etihad Airways settle in Terminal 4. We are investing £200 million at Terminal 4, rebuilding many parts of the terminal, providing passengers with a new, modern airport building that offers improved facilities and higher standards of service.”
At Etihad’s new hub in Terminal 4 there are individual treatment rooms where therapists from Six Senses Spa offer passengers facials, and foot and leg massages. The lounge also boasts five-star dining facilities with a selection of foods from around the world, all cooked in an open kitchen. Other features of the lounge include a prayer room, a relaxing seating area with Poltrona Frau leather chairs and bathroom and shower facilities.
Etihad Airways’ move to Terminal Four is part of a multi-million pound investment by BAA that will see new shops and facilities and an increased level of comfort for passengers using the terminal.
Dannii Minogue also met the first Etihad customers to use the new premium lounge, the airline’s second outstation lounge after the one recently opened in Frankfurt and which now features a modern timber panelled business centre that provides workstations with WiFi and privacy for those with laptops.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Free upgrade to half board on selected dates and two children stay free when sharing with parents
While staying at the hotel you will be able to enjoy Unlimited-Luxury sure to make your Dominican Republic holiday one to never forget
- Five swimming pools including an infinity pool, a children’s pool, a salt water pool and two private Preferred Club pools
- Adults at Now Onyx have full access to Breathless Punta Cana next door including a casino, the After Dark nightclub, the relax Spa by Pevonia®, a fitness center and 20 additional dining and bar options
- All ground floor suites are swim up suites offering access to a pool directly from their terrace
Explore the area and enjoy an easy access to all attractions around Falmouth
- Fully equipped fitness centre, watersport activities, tennis court, golf and themed dining evenings to enjoy
- Within 30 minutes by car from Montego Bay International airport and downtown Montego
- Complimentary Wi-fi throughout the hotel
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Located by the picturesque St. Paul's Bay, Porto Azzurro Hotel is only 10 minutes away from Malta's main sandy beaches...
Perfectly positioned right at the heart of Marrakesh's chic and trendy Hivernage district, a modern neighbourhood in...
Situated right at the heart of the Port Rashid district, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Mina sits ideally between the...