Prices to Many Holiday Destinations are Dropping Through the Floor
UK holidaymakers could be paying up to 25% less and get away with more days on long haul winter holidays when compared with last year's 'best deals' prices for the same season, say specialist tour operator Hayes & Jarvis.
According to specialist tour operator Hayes & Jarvis, UK holidaymakers could be paying up to 25% less and still be getting more days when booking their long haul winter holidays this season, a lot cheaper when compared with the ‘best deals’ of last year winter season.
Even top luxury holidays are going down for this year’s winter period according to the trend report issued by the group. "Savings on flight and hotel costs negotiated with suppliers keen to fill their seats and beds means that UK tourists booking a winter sun getaway now can easily bag a one-week bargain trip for under £600 per person to popular destinations like Thailand, Mauritius, the Maldives and Antigua. They may even be able to shave an extra £100 more off that price and that’s in the peak long haul season!”
“The price-cutting trend started last spring when sluggish forward bookings made hoteliers anxious to boost their occupancy levels, but it is very unusual to see this continue into the peak winter sun period. It is even more surprising to find airlines offering lower prices – and the exclusive deals that we have been able to pass on over the last few months mean that our recent booking levels have been well up on the same period in 2008.” said Niel Alobaidi, Hayes & Jarvis’ Commercial Director.
And while the trend for late bookings has continued with Thailand and Indian Ocean holidays leading the way as the hottest winter holidays destinations and the ones most benefiting from price cuts, Hayes and Jarvis also revealed a growth curve in the number of holidaymakers buying next year’s summer holiday early - effectively reversing the trend of the last 12 months when fewer holidays were booked more than 6 months before travel.
The bestsellers in the Top 10 for this Winter Season’s Sunny Getaways are:
2. Maldives holidays
3. Mauritius holidays
4. Sri Lanka holidays
5. Kenya holidays
6. Dubai holidays
7. Egypt holidays
8. New York holidays
9. Orlando holidays
10. Las Vegas holidays
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Indian Ocean Browse all
With three beautiful beaches to choose from, this one-of-a-kind retreat offers bespoke experiences with a soothing and rejuvenating Feng Shui philosophy
- Relax at the spa - providing an combination experience of nutrition, yoga, spa treatments & retreats
- Special Honeymoon Offers available
- Enjoy complimentary activities including snorkelling, kayaking, water skiing, glass-bottom boat trips or some unique experience such as cinema screenings on the beach, secret bar or message in a bottle with hidden surprises
Fun and relaxation for all the family - there's something for everyone at Laguna Beach, come and discover it for yourself.
- Romantic boutique hotel at the beautiful Fisherman's Cove
- Winner of TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence for three years in a row
- Complimentary watersport like glass bottom boat, windsurfing, kayaks, snorkeling and more
Explore stunning coral reefs in your private piece of heaven on earth where the sparkling white sands will caress your toes as the warm turquoise waters gently kiss your skin.
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner, snacks, top-shelf beverages and selected sports all come included in the price of your stay
- Discover the stunning coral reefs, go out on a fishing trip or have a go at water skiing, amongst other activities
- Overlook the Indian Ocean from your room and step out onto the white soft sands the Maldives is famous for
luxury resort ideal for both couples and families
- Click through for our special Honeymoon Offers
- Located on the Bel Ombre's beach the resort is offering own nature reserve to explore
- Guests can benefit from a daily free green fees, mini bar in each room, or the fabulous spa treatments including one free 45-minute spa treatment per person per stay
Uncover the charms of India as you spend eight days touring some of its most important touristic sites. The Golden...
The beauty of the East coast of Mauritius is without question, and all can be enjoyed at Laguna Beach Hotel & Spa, set...
Venture to the Lhaviyani Atoll in the Maldives islands to experience a holiday like no other. This section of the...
Discover the untold treasures of the capital of the Indian state of Kerala with an eight-day excursion to Trivandrum. It...
Set upon Sri Lanka’s southern coast, the Hibiscus Beach Hotel offers tranquillity and seclusion at an affordable price....
Stay in a world of luxury and comfort at Citrus Waskaduwa, a fantastic beach retreat with top of the range amenities and...