Prices to Many Holiday Destinations are Dropping Through the Floor
UK holidaymakers could be paying up to 25% less and get away with more days on long haul winter holidays when compared with last year's 'best deals' prices for the same season, say specialist tour operator Hayes & Jarvis.
According to specialist tour operator Hayes & Jarvis, UK holidaymakers could be paying up to 25% less and still be getting more days when booking their long haul winter holidays this season, a lot cheaper when compared with the ‘best deals’ of last year winter season.
Even top luxury holidays are going down for this year’s winter period according to the trend report issued by the group. "Savings on flight and hotel costs negotiated with suppliers keen to fill their seats and beds means that UK tourists booking a winter sun getaway now can easily bag a one-week bargain trip for under £600 per person to popular destinations like Thailand, Mauritius, the Maldives and Antigua. They may even be able to shave an extra £100 more off that price and that’s in the peak long haul season!”
“The price-cutting trend started last spring when sluggish forward bookings made hoteliers anxious to boost their occupancy levels, but it is very unusual to see this continue into the peak winter sun period. It is even more surprising to find airlines offering lower prices – and the exclusive deals that we have been able to pass on over the last few months mean that our recent booking levels have been well up on the same period in 2008.” said Niel Alobaidi, Hayes & Jarvis’ Commercial Director.
And while the trend for late bookings has continued with Thailand and Indian Ocean holidays leading the way as the hottest winter holidays destinations and the ones most benefiting from price cuts, Hayes and Jarvis also revealed a growth curve in the number of holidaymakers buying next year’s summer holiday early - effectively reversing the trend of the last 12 months when fewer holidays were booked more than 6 months before travel.
The bestsellers in the Top 10 for this Winter Season’s Sunny Getaways are:
2. Maldives holidays
3. Mauritius holidays
4. Sri Lanka holidays
5. Kenya holidays
6. Dubai holidays
7. Egypt holidays
8. New York holidays
9. Orlando holidays
10. Las Vegas holidays
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Indian Ocean Browse all
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride through Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal, experience traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide
With three beautiful beaches to choose from, this one-of-a-kind retreat offers bespoke experiences with a soothing and rejuvenating Feng Shui philosophy
- Relax at the spa - providing an combination experience of nutrition, yoga, spa treatments & retreats
- Special Honeymoon Offers available
- Enjoy complimentary activities including snorkelling, kayaking, water skiing, glass-bottom boat trips or some unique experience such as cinema screenings on the beach, secret bar or message in a bottle with hidden surprises
Be moved by India's icons; from the majestic Taj Mahal to the natural beauty of Keoladeo National Park - this is India at its best.
- Experience the Royal Maharaja lifestyle with a stay in a wonderful Bharatpur Palace
- Discover the magnificent City Palace Museum and enjoy an authentic Rajasthani feast in Jaipur
- See Humayun's Tomb in Delhi, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and the first garden-tomb on the Indian subcontinent
Do the castaway experience in style and live your Robinson Crusoe dream
- Lose yourself in over 3 km of pristine beaches and aquamarine lagoons
- Beautiful bungalows nestled in the tropical gardens or on the beach, right over the lagoon
- Sample mouth-watering delights at a wide selection of dining options from flavours of the Orient to Mediterranean delights
Uncover the charms of India as you spend eight days touring some of its most important touristic sites. The Golden...
Be introduced to the magic of India with the perfect 9 night tour encompassing amazing sights through the cities of...
Sri Lanka is the land of endless natural beauty, with ancient sight and cultural treasure, you'll be sure to embark on a...
Surrounded by vast paddy fields and exceptional natural beauty, the Kithala Resort is a true tropical haven as one...
Set upon Sri Lanka’s southern coast, the Hibiscus Beach Hotel offers tranquillity and seclusion at an affordable price....