Prices to Many Holiday Destinations are Dropping Through the Floor
UK holidaymakers could be paying up to 25% less and get away with more days on long haul winter holidays when compared with last year's 'best deals' prices for the same season, say specialist tour operator Hayes & Jarvis.
According to specialist tour operator Hayes & Jarvis, UK holidaymakers could be paying up to 25% less and still be getting more days when booking their long haul winter holidays this season, a lot cheaper when compared with the ‘best deals’ of last year winter season.
Even top luxury holidays are going down for this year’s winter period according to the trend report issued by the group. "Savings on flight and hotel costs negotiated with suppliers keen to fill their seats and beds means that UK tourists booking a winter sun getaway now can easily bag a one-week bargain trip for under £600 per person to popular destinations like Thailand, Mauritius, the Maldives and Antigua. They may even be able to shave an extra £100 more off that price and that’s in the peak long haul season!”
“The price-cutting trend started last spring when sluggish forward bookings made hoteliers anxious to boost their occupancy levels, but it is very unusual to see this continue into the peak winter sun period. It is even more surprising to find airlines offering lower prices – and the exclusive deals that we have been able to pass on over the last few months mean that our recent booking levels have been well up on the same period in 2008.” said Niel Alobaidi, Hayes & Jarvis’ Commercial Director.
And while the trend for late bookings has continued with Thailand and Indian Ocean holidays leading the way as the hottest winter holidays destinations and the ones most benefiting from price cuts, Hayes and Jarvis also revealed a growth curve in the number of holidaymakers buying next year’s summer holiday early - effectively reversing the trend of the last 12 months when fewer holidays were booked more than 6 months before travel.
The bestsellers in the Top 10 for this Winter Season’s Sunny Getaways are:
2. Maldives holidays
3. Mauritius holidays
4. Sri Lanka holidays
5. Kenya holidays
6. Dubai holidays
7. Egypt holidays
8. New York holidays
9. Orlando holidays
10. Las Vegas holidays
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Indian Ocean Browse all
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride in Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal in Agra, experience a feast to remember with a traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- An English-Speaking local Guide will take you around the sightseeing & excursion tours as per the itinerary
Explore India's famed landmarks and rich culture on an all-encompassing adventure that leaves no stone unturned
- Call now to upgrade to a private tour, including a private car and driver, and personal local guides
- Envisage many world renowned sights including the Taj Mahal with amazing inclusions to experience such as an exclusive Rajasthani Feast
- During the tour you'll be able to enjoy various extras including a bicycle rickshaw ride in Old Delhi, a Chambal River Safari and much more
Do the castaway experience in style and live your Robinson Crusoe dream with the added royal treatment
- Lose yourself in over 3 km of pristine beaches and aquamarine lagoons
- Beautiful bungalows nestled in the tropical gardens or on the beach, right over the lagoon
- Sample mouth-watering delights at a wide selection of dining options from flavours of the Orient to Mediterranean delights
Set amidst a landscape of lush vegetation, mountains and the clear waters of the Indian Ocean, the Heritage Awali oozes luxury and offers first-class service
- Special Honeymoon Offers available
- Enjoy attentive all-inclusive service in a unique setting in Bel Ombre with its own nature reserve
- Get a complimentary round of golf per day and a free spa treatment per stay
Uncover the charms of India as you spend eight days touring some of its most important touristic sites. The Golden...
Be introduced to the magic of India with the perfect 9 night tour encompassing amazing sights through the cities of...
Venture to the Lhaviyani Atoll in the Maldives islands to experience a holiday like no other. This section of the...
The stunning Intercontinental Resort Mauritius awaits, overlooking the Bay of Balaclava located on a pristine white...
Nazri Resort has a prime location on the edge of the white sandy Baga Beach set in lush greenery and is flanked by the...
Take a trip to Sri Lanka and enjoy the warm hospitality at Avani Bentota. It is a resort located along the popular...
Discover a world of peace and relaxation at the all-inclusive Mermaid Hotel Club in the gorgeous Kalutura Beach, Sri...