Qatar Airways Wins TTG's "Airlines of the Year 2009" Award
Doha-based carrier Qatar Airways is the proud winner of this year's 'Airline of the Year 2009' title at the prestigious TTG Awards in the UK in the annual event that celebrates the best and finest in the UK travel industry.
Qatar Airways has beat stiff competition from leading airlines worldwide to now be walking away with the coveted title of TTG’s ‘Airline of the Year 2009’, an award given by the prestigious UK-based travel trade magazine and its readers. With this new accolade, the Doha-based carrier has gained further industry acclaim and was applauded at TTG’s annual black tie ceremony, which celebrates the best and finest in the travel industry.
“We have once again demonstrated that we can outshine our competitors and what better way to be recognised than by our key travel trade partners who help influence customers’ choice as to which airline to fly with. To be named Airline of the Year is a magnificent achievement and I would like to extend my thanks to our UK team and the UK travel trade for working closely together to build a stronger partnership. We have worked very hard to build our presence globally since the airline was launched just over 10 years ago. For such a young airline, this award from the UK travel trade is a tremendous feat.” said Qatar Airways’ Chief Executive Officer, Akbar Al baker when expressing how honoured the airline was to be receiving the award, the latest in a string of accolades.
The proud carrier to Middle East holiday destinations such as Dubai holidays, Oman holidays, Abu Dhabi holidays and of course Qatar holidays, expressed its joy at receiving the award. In the words of Rachel Finn, Qatar Airways’ UK country manager who collected the award in person in front of a high profile audience of 1000 members of the travel industry worldwide: “We are very proud to have won this prestigious award. Our UK sales team has been working incredibly hard to develop and strengthen Qatar Airways’ relationship with the trade - and it is wonderful to have received such recognition.”
“These awards are regarded as a universal benchmark of quality within the travel industry. Qatar Airways demonstrated that it has an innovative and robust business model, which is expanding and thriving despite the economic downturn.
“We had a record number of entries this year, so it’s a great achievement to win. The awards are decided by a combination of travel agents’ votes and panels of industry experts to make sure we pick the most deserving winners.” added TTG Editor Luxy Huxley.
Judges praised most airlines for their excellent product and customer services. However they finally decided to reward Qatar Airways’fresh approach to the trade brought in by the new-look of their UK sales team. This included making online offers available to travel agents; establishing new partnerships with tour operators; initiating a series of trade roadshows and familiarisation trips; and the launch of a new online training programme for agents.
Moreover, judges also felt that the carrier's solid financial base gave customers reassurance during a turbulent time for the airline industry and there was unanimous praise for Qatar Airways’ outstanding excellence in customer service.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Indulge in the finer things in life at a luxury five-star retreat and enjoy rocking the night away
- The location on Cancun's tranquil southern shore, provides the perfect rejuivinating base for exploring Cancun.
- The resort is home to one of only two Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Courses in Cancun.
- Enjoy the array of activities including surfing, golf, dolphin swims, tours, spa treatments and much more.
Do the castaway experience in style and live your Robinson Crusoe dream
- Lose yourself in over 3 km of pristine beaches and aquamarine lagoons
- Beautiful bungalows nestled in the tropical gardens or on the beach, right over the lagoon
- Sample mouth-watering delights at a wide selection of dining options from flavours of the Orient to Mediterranean delights
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...