Qatar to build a new deluxe Cuba hotel in Cayo Largo
The wealthy Persian Gulf nation of Qatar announced the building of their first ever Cuba hotel to be developed in Cayo Largo by the Qatar Diar Real Estate Investment Company. The new hotel will be a five-star deluxe resort to be named 'Gran Paraiso'
A grand new resort which will soon be starting construction in 2010 is set to become the most luxurious of Cuba hotels to be built in Cayo Largo. Funded by the wealthy Persian Gulf nation of Qatar the new “Gran Paraiso” hotel in Cayo Largo will offer future guests the most exclusive luxury holidays imaginable in this small key off the south coast of Cuba.
Officially announced last May at the International Trade Fair in Cuba, the new project will be a joint venture between Qatar and Cuba, as are all Cuba hotels and resorts which by law cannot have more than 50% foreign ownership. The participant parties are Cuba’s government owned Gran Caribe chain of hotels and the Qatari company. It is the first real estate deal between the two countries and both sides agree on their eagerness to explore the possibility of jointly adding more Cuba hotels and resort developments in the future.
Revolutionising the concept of luxury for Cuba holidays in Cayo Largo, this new hotel is set to start construction in 2010 with an expected opening date some time in 2012. The resort will feature as many as 450 rooms and 60 luxury villas.
Reuters reported that the Qatari company “views Cuba as ripe with investment opportunities and is looking at other possible projects, not all in tourism” and it plans to make Cuba one of its principal areas of real estate development activity with scope for continuing their investment in the tourism sector and work around enhancing Cuba holidays with the addition of a higher standard selection of Cuba hotels.
“Cuba has strong economic bases, above all in tourism,” President Al Saad says. “We want to send the clear message to the world that Qatar is at Cuba’s side” and he also expressed his interest for Qatar and Cuba to discuss agriculture ventures as well.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Escape to Cuba's sunkissed sands for an amazing price!
- The all-inclusive plan features 1 buffet restaurant, 2 A la carte, 3 snack bars and 3 bars.
- The Location on one of Varadero's best virgin beaches.
- Enjoy varied entertainment, including water sports, beach volleyball, tennis, evening performances and more.
Escape to the simply stunning warm waters of Varadero beach
- Enjoy an all-inclusive deal offering Italian and Cuban cuisines, 7 bars and a disco.
- Unwind with a massage or in the Jacuzzi and relish the relaxed, adults-only ambience.
- Enjoy a wide range of activities, including watersports, tennis, dance lessons and entertainment.
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking to adventure or relax
- Enjoy a bottle of sparking wine and chocolates upon arrival guaranteed for couples at Melia Habana Hotel and a romantic dinner for two in Havana
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by clear water when staying at Melia Varadero
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Fancy a charming and adventurous holiday? Why not try our twin centre package that allows you to explore the contagious...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...