Qatar to build a new deluxe Cuba hotel in Cayo Largo
The wealthy Persian Gulf nation of Qatar announced the building of their first ever Cuba hotel to be developed in Cayo Largo by the Qatar Diar Real Estate Investment Company. The new hotel will be a five-star deluxe resort to be named 'Gran Paraiso'
A grand new resort which will soon be starting construction in 2010 is set to become the most luxurious of Cuba hotels to be built in Cayo Largo. Funded by the wealthy Persian Gulf nation of Qatar the new “Gran Paraiso” hotel in Cayo Largo will offer future guests the most exclusive luxury holidays imaginable in this small key off the south coast of Cuba.
Officially announced last May at the International Trade Fair in Cuba, the new project will be a joint venture between Qatar and Cuba, as are all Cuba hotels and resorts which by law cannot have more than 50% foreign ownership. The participant parties are Cuba’s government owned Gran Caribe chain of hotels and the Qatari company. It is the first real estate deal between the two countries and both sides agree on their eagerness to explore the possibility of jointly adding more Cuba hotels and resort developments in the future.
Revolutionising the concept of luxury for Cuba holidays in Cayo Largo, this new hotel is set to start construction in 2010 with an expected opening date some time in 2012. The resort will feature as many as 450 rooms and 60 luxury villas.
Reuters reported that the Qatari company “views Cuba as ripe with investment opportunities and is looking at other possible projects, not all in tourism” and it plans to make Cuba one of its principal areas of real estate development activity with scope for continuing their investment in the tourism sector and work around enhancing Cuba holidays with the addition of a higher standard selection of Cuba hotels.
“Cuba has strong economic bases, above all in tourism,” President Al Saad says. “We want to send the clear message to the world that Qatar is at Cuba’s side” and he also expressed his interest for Qatar and Cuba to discuss agriculture ventures as well.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Enjoy the exciting nightlife the Melia Marina Varadero Hotel has to offer, whilst relaxing during the day in the beautiful accommodation
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 29th May 2017
- Incredible all-inclusive benefits with dining at 9 restaurants at Melia Marina Varadero Hotel
- Book now and get a free upgrade to the sea view at Melia Habana - limited availability
- Melia Marina Varadero Hotel is ideally located 300m from the beach in an ecological reserve with a dolphinarium and caves to explore
- Excellent watersports facilities including yachting, fishing and diving
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...
Look out onto the day to day life of Havana's streets from the Casa Santy's balconies, with its great location and a...