Qatar to build a new deluxe Cuba hotel in Cayo Largo
The wealthy Persian Gulf nation of Qatar announced the building of their first ever Cuba hotel to be developed in Cayo Largo by the Qatar Diar Real Estate Investment Company. The new hotel will be a five-star deluxe resort to be named 'Gran Paraiso'
A grand new resort which will soon be starting construction in 2010 is set to become the most luxurious of Cuba hotels to be built in Cayo Largo. Funded by the wealthy Persian Gulf nation of Qatar the new “Gran Paraiso” hotel in Cayo Largo will offer future guests the most exclusive luxury holidays imaginable in this small key off the south coast of Cuba.
Officially announced last May at the International Trade Fair in Cuba, the new project will be a joint venture between Qatar and Cuba, as are all Cuba hotels and resorts which by law cannot have more than 50% foreign ownership. The participant parties are Cuba’s government owned Gran Caribe chain of hotels and the Qatari company. It is the first real estate deal between the two countries and both sides agree on their eagerness to explore the possibility of jointly adding more Cuba hotels and resort developments in the future.
Revolutionising the concept of luxury for Cuba holidays in Cayo Largo, this new hotel is set to start construction in 2010 with an expected opening date some time in 2012. The resort will feature as many as 450 rooms and 60 luxury villas.
Reuters reported that the Qatari company “views Cuba as ripe with investment opportunities and is looking at other possible projects, not all in tourism” and it plans to make Cuba one of its principal areas of real estate development activity with scope for continuing their investment in the tourism sector and work around enhancing Cuba holidays with the addition of a higher standard selection of Cuba hotels.
“Cuba has strong economic bases, above all in tourism,” President Al Saad says. “We want to send the clear message to the world that Qatar is at Cuba’s side” and he also expressed his interest for Qatar and Cuba to discuss agriculture ventures as well.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
With great watersports galore, your winter-sun holiday can be one to remember in Cuba
- Try your hand at some adrenaline-pumping water sports including sailing, windsurfing and diving
- If you’re not up for a night on the tiles you can simply chill out at the resort and enjoy the evening’s entertainment
- If you’re a night-owl you won’t be able to resist Varadero’s buzzing nightlife
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Exclusive Free Havana city tour, visiting Revolution Square, Malecón and the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Old Havana
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 15th Nov
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
Combine exploring the iconic and pulsating city of Havana with a relaxing retreat to the stunning Varadero beach
- A Luxurious and comfortable stay with 5* amenities
- A Complimentary shuttle to the iconic city of Havana
- The plethora of activities and classes that will cater for every taste
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Explore the historic and cultural wonders of Cuba's spellbinding capital as you unwind over an eight-day getaway. Havana...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...