Qatar to build a new deluxe Cuba hotel in Cayo Largo
The wealthy Persian Gulf nation of Qatar announced the building of their first ever Cuba hotel to be developed in Cayo Largo by the Qatar Diar Real Estate Investment Company. The new hotel will be a five-star deluxe resort to be named 'Gran Paraiso'
A grand new resort which will soon be starting construction in 2010 is set to become the most luxurious of Cuba hotels to be built in Cayo Largo. Funded by the wealthy Persian Gulf nation of Qatar the new “Gran Paraiso” hotel in Cayo Largo will offer future guests the most exclusive luxury holidays imaginable in this small key off the south coast of Cuba.
Officially announced last May at the International Trade Fair in Cuba, the new project will be a joint venture between Qatar and Cuba, as are all Cuba hotels and resorts which by law cannot have more than 50% foreign ownership. The participant parties are Cuba’s government owned Gran Caribe chain of hotels and the Qatari company. It is the first real estate deal between the two countries and both sides agree on their eagerness to explore the possibility of jointly adding more Cuba hotels and resort developments in the future.
Revolutionising the concept of luxury for Cuba holidays in Cayo Largo, this new hotel is set to start construction in 2010 with an expected opening date some time in 2012. The resort will feature as many as 450 rooms and 60 luxury villas.
Reuters reported that the Qatari company “views Cuba as ripe with investment opportunities and is looking at other possible projects, not all in tourism” and it plans to make Cuba one of its principal areas of real estate development activity with scope for continuing their investment in the tourism sector and work around enhancing Cuba holidays with the addition of a higher standard selection of Cuba hotels.
“Cuba has strong economic bases, above all in tourism,” President Al Saad says. “We want to send the clear message to the world that Qatar is at Cuba’s side” and he also expressed his interest for Qatar and Cuba to discuss agriculture ventures as well.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Dive into the warm water of Varadero beach and relax under the caribbean sunshine
- Enjoy a fantastic tour
- Book now and benefit from huge savings with the launch of the new Virgin Atlantic to Varadero offer!
- Suites feature a separate living area and Tropical suites feature breathtaking views of the sea
- Golf lovers can play on the nearby Varadero 18 hole golf course
Discover Cuba's vibrant capital and stunning Varadero beach, getting the best of both during summer 2017
Combine exploring Havana's bustling neighbourhoods, with a relaxing beach holiday, with this amazing twin centre summer holiday package deal
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 25th April 2017
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Easy access to some of the most iconic neighbourhoods in Havana, including the old colonial area
- Relax, unwind and rejuvenate your mind body and soul at the beauty salon and spa
- Exceptionally friendly and welcoming staff that go the extra mile
A superb combination of great accommodation and exciting activities make this resort one of Cuba's hottest properties
- Enjoy a complimentary Cultural Presentation
- Previous winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and ranked in the top 5 Hotels in Varadero
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Couples can benefit from a free bottle of sparkling wine and a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...
Look out onto the day to day life of Havana's streets from the Casa Santy's balconies, with its great location and a...