Qatar to build a new deluxe Cuba hotel in Cayo Largo
The wealthy Persian Gulf nation of Qatar announced the building of their first ever Cuba hotel to be developed in Cayo Largo by the Qatar Diar Real Estate Investment Company. The new hotel will be a five-star deluxe resort to be named 'Gran Paraiso'
A grand new resort which will soon be starting construction in 2010 is set to become the most luxurious of Cuba hotels to be built in Cayo Largo. Funded by the wealthy Persian Gulf nation of Qatar the new “Gran Paraiso” hotel in Cayo Largo will offer future guests the most exclusive luxury holidays imaginable in this small key off the south coast of Cuba.
Officially announced last May at the International Trade Fair in Cuba, the new project will be a joint venture between Qatar and Cuba, as are all Cuba hotels and resorts which by law cannot have more than 50% foreign ownership. The participant parties are Cuba’s government owned Gran Caribe chain of hotels and the Qatari company. It is the first real estate deal between the two countries and both sides agree on their eagerness to explore the possibility of jointly adding more Cuba hotels and resort developments in the future.
Revolutionising the concept of luxury for Cuba holidays in Cayo Largo, this new hotel is set to start construction in 2010 with an expected opening date some time in 2012. The resort will feature as many as 450 rooms and 60 luxury villas.
Reuters reported that the Qatari company “views Cuba as ripe with investment opportunities and is looking at other possible projects, not all in tourism” and it plans to make Cuba one of its principal areas of real estate development activity with scope for continuing their investment in the tourism sector and work around enhancing Cuba holidays with the addition of a higher standard selection of Cuba hotels.
“Cuba has strong economic bases, above all in tourism,” President Al Saad says. “We want to send the clear message to the world that Qatar is at Cuba’s side” and he also expressed his interest for Qatar and Cuba to discuss agriculture ventures as well.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Enjoy the long list of fun options for all the family or bask on Varadero's pure white sands
- Sample a host of activities including snorkelling, kayaking, windsurfing, golf and more.
- Enjoy 24-hour all-inclusive service.
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 10th Jul 2017
- Located on a gorgeous stretch of Varadero beach.
Stay at a Havana hotel brimming with history then head off to a brand-new beachfront resort in Varadero
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
Enjoy a summer holiday of a lifetime staying at two amazing hotels in both Havana and Varadero
- Experience Havana's vintage vibe & Varadero's soft white-sand beaches all in one trip
- Enjoy water sports on the Varadero beach, relax by the hotel pool, sample a refreshing cocktail
- Book now to receive our exclusive Couples offer which includes a bottle of cava on arrival in both hotels, turndown service in the evenings and a guaranteed reservation in the a la carte restaurants in Varadero and much more
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 29th June 2017
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Look out onto the day to day life of Havana's streets from the Casa Santy's balconies, with its great location and a...