Virgin Atlantic declared "Coolest Travel Brand"
Virgin Atlantic came out as the only travel company to feature in the Top 20 of the 2009/10 Coolbrands by the Superbrands organisation, becoming the clear winner in the Travel category.
Virgin Atlantic was officially declared a Coolbrand of 2009/10 by the Superbrands organisation. The popular UK-based airline came out as the only travel company to feature in the Top 20 being the clear winner in the Travel category. The Coolbrands list is a result of independent research conducted by The Centre for Brand Analysis, amongst the most influential opinion formers and the British public.
The popular carrier to exotic Caribbean holiday destinations is also the only UK carrier currently serving Cuba holidays as well as other favourite tropical destination such as Jamaica holidays, Tobago holidays and St Lucia holidays.
“We are delighted to be the only travel company featuring in the top 20 CoolBrands. It is testament to Virgin Atlantic’s continuing widespread and international appeal, and demonstrates that we are still red hot 25 years on.” said Steve Ridgway, Chief Executive of Virgin Atlantic.
The annual list reflects the combined opinions of an Expert Council plus a sample of 2,458 members of the public, who selected Virgin Atlantic as one of this year’s CoolBrands from an initial list of thousands. The criteria against which brands are judged include style, innovation, originality and desirability. Not surprisingly, against much tough competition Virgin Atlantic has made it onto this definitive list of cool.
Stephen Cheliotis, Chairman of the CoolBrands council and Chief Executive of The Centre for Brand Analysis added: “Virgin Atlantic’s inclusion on the CoolBrands List 2009/10 shows that it is the leading figure in its sector. Competition to be seen as one of the coolest brands in the UK is as fierce as ever and clearly Virgin Atlantic is delivering in the eyes of experts and the public.”
Virgin Atlantic is the proud winner of a host of awards and continues to innovate in and lead the airline industry worlwide.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Free upgrade to half board on selected dates and two children stay free when sharing with parents
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride in Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal in Agra, experience a feast to remember with a traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- An English-Speaking local Guide will take you around the sightseeing & excursion tours as per the itinerary
Stretching along a blessed mile of powdery soft sands, this all-inclusive resort is the perfect place for endless family fun.
- The Kids Club has an outdoor playground and kids-only pool while the Teen Centre for over 13s offers a great variety of fun activities
- Enjoy a FREE glass bottom boat trip, island jeep safari and island coach tour
- Fantastic location 30 minutes to Bridgetown, 5 minutes to Speightstown and 15 minutes to Holetown, there is plenty to explore around the Almond Beach Resort
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Located by the picturesque St. Paul's Bay, Porto Azzurro Hotel is only 10 minutes away from Malta's main sandy beaches...
Perfectly positioned right at the heart of Marrakesh's chic and trendy Hivernage district, a modern neighbourhood in...
Offering superb accommodation with a wide range of facilities, Yas Island Rotana is conveniently located on the...