Emirates launch new Online and TV campaign
The Dubai-based Emirates airline has come up with a great new initiative to promote their services at the same time they promote their home country as a holiday destination by advertising the best of Dubai holidays with their new 'Meet Dubai' campaign
The latest initiative from Emirates, the prestigious award-winning Middle East carrier, is a revolutionary advertising campaign created to promote their home country as a holiday destination as well as promoting their own brand name. This new strategy from the Dubai-based airline is in line with their double aim of promoting Dubai holidays at the same time they promote their air transport services.
The new ‘Meet Dubai’ online and TV campaign follows Emirates’ highly successful print campaigns which was displayed in various major mainstream media sources such as The New York Times, Newsweek, Time, The Wall Street Journal and others and is designed to capture the unique and varied experience of living in Dubai or enjoying Dubai holidays.
In the new series of TV ads, Etienne Haro directs one of the finest restaurants; whilst Paul Hamilton swims with sharks and Yousef Ali Bin Zayed helped spark a vibrant rebirth of the arts and cultural heritage. In the meantime Waheed Abdul Hameed is a master of the fiery flavours that define authentic indigenous cuisine for the most genuine of culinary experiences during Dubai holidays. All of these characters are among the unscripted, “non-actor” stars of Emirates airline's new advertising campaign soon to air on major television and online outlets. Kevin Sacre, from the popular British soap opera “Hollyoaks” and former member of the Royal Shakespeare Company is the only real professional actor to be appearing in the series of adverts as a tour guide for his personal discovery tour of one of the most fascinating places in the Middle East.
“Some may question our launching this massive ad campaign at a time of economic turmoil around the world but Emirates is confident that there is nothing more important than investing to win new customers. We believe it will surprise viewers and bust certain myths about Dubai. The ‘Meet Dubai’ campaign is a refreshing approach to advertising and, we believe, totally captures the essence of one of the most exciting cities in the world. People - our customers and our colleagues – are what makes Emirates successful, and likewise the unique story of our hub destination, Dubai, is best told through the people who call it home.” was the opinion of Boutros Boutros, Emirates’ Divisional Senior Vice President of Corporate Communications.
Starting 27th September 2009 the fourteen 120, 60 and 30-secon spots, directed by four-time Emmy award winner Michael Noval and filmed in a spontaneous, unrehearsed, documentary stily, the new ads will be Emirates’ largest campaign investment to date. Through the adverts they encompass much of what makes Dubai unique, including the souks and textile markets, trendy art galleries and fashion, restaurants, resorts and one-of-a-kind attractions like the Dubai Mall’s fabulous aquarium and the only indoor ski area in the Middle East. The ads are now airing on various television outlets including CNN, CNBC, BBC World, Discovery Channel, Travel Channel, Google, Yahoo, ESPN and others.
Online audiences around the globe also have an "exclusive" opportunity to view these ad spots and discover the wonders of Dubai holidays by logging onto www.emirates.com/meet-dubai and www.youtube/EmiratesExperience
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
A resort where there is something for everyone
- FAMILY PACKAGES for a family of 2 adults & 2 kids below 12
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- up to 2 children eat and stay for free
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Visit Jaipur's Hawa Mahal, an icon of Rajashtani architecture and the ethereally beautiful Taj mahal of Agra
- Perfect tour to introduce you to India, Home to the cities of Delhi, Agra and Jaipur, the golden triangle is an area of extraordinary cultural wealth and splendour.
- Experience the street life of Delhi, Delhi is a city like no other, with teeming bazaars and the Great Mosque in Old Delhi
Stay at the luxurious Dreams resort with various benefits
- Enjoy moonlit themed parties, great music shows and outdoor cinema screenings on the beach
- A wide choice of a la carte themed restaurants and chic bars ensure there is something to suit everyone
- The Explorer's Kids Club has a fully supervised children's programme with various different activities
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 08th Feb
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
With all the modern facilities and comforts you would expect from a 4* hotel, this hotel is set within central Al Barsha...
This stunning 4 star property, Novotel Abu Dhabi Al Bustan hotel, offers guests an ideal base from which to discover Abu...