Emirates launch new Online and TV campaign
The Dubai-based Emirates airline has come up with a great new initiative to promote their services at the same time they promote their home country as a holiday destination by advertising the best of Dubai holidays with their new 'Meet Dubai' campaign
The latest initiative from Emirates, the prestigious award-winning Middle East carrier, is a revolutionary advertising campaign created to promote their home country as a holiday destination as well as promoting their own brand name. This new strategy from the Dubai-based airline is in line with their double aim of promoting Dubai holidays at the same time they promote their air transport services.
The new ‘Meet Dubai’ online and TV campaign follows Emirates’ highly successful print campaigns which was displayed in various major mainstream media sources such as The New York Times, Newsweek, Time, The Wall Street Journal and others and is designed to capture the unique and varied experience of living in Dubai or enjoying Dubai holidays.
In the new series of TV ads, Etienne Haro directs one of the finest restaurants; whilst Paul Hamilton swims with sharks and Yousef Ali Bin Zayed helped spark a vibrant rebirth of the arts and cultural heritage. In the meantime Waheed Abdul Hameed is a master of the fiery flavours that define authentic indigenous cuisine for the most genuine of culinary experiences during Dubai holidays. All of these characters are among the unscripted, “non-actor” stars of Emirates airline's new advertising campaign soon to air on major television and online outlets. Kevin Sacre, from the popular British soap opera “Hollyoaks” and former member of the Royal Shakespeare Company is the only real professional actor to be appearing in the series of adverts as a tour guide for his personal discovery tour of one of the most fascinating places in the Middle East.
“Some may question our launching this massive ad campaign at a time of economic turmoil around the world but Emirates is confident that there is nothing more important than investing to win new customers. We believe it will surprise viewers and bust certain myths about Dubai. The ‘Meet Dubai’ campaign is a refreshing approach to advertising and, we believe, totally captures the essence of one of the most exciting cities in the world. People - our customers and our colleagues – are what makes Emirates successful, and likewise the unique story of our hub destination, Dubai, is best told through the people who call it home.” was the opinion of Boutros Boutros, Emirates’ Divisional Senior Vice President of Corporate Communications.
Starting 27th September 2009 the fourteen 120, 60 and 30-secon spots, directed by four-time Emmy award winner Michael Noval and filmed in a spontaneous, unrehearsed, documentary stily, the new ads will be Emirates’ largest campaign investment to date. Through the adverts they encompass much of what makes Dubai unique, including the souks and textile markets, trendy art galleries and fashion, restaurants, resorts and one-of-a-kind attractions like the Dubai Mall’s fabulous aquarium and the only indoor ski area in the Middle East. The ads are now airing on various television outlets including CNN, CNBC, BBC World, Discovery Channel, Travel Channel, Google, Yahoo, ESPN and others.
Online audiences around the globe also have an "exclusive" opportunity to view these ad spots and discover the wonders of Dubai holidays by logging onto www.emirates.com/meet-dubai and www.youtube/EmiratesExperience
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Immersive tour that will introduce you to India - Home to the cities of Delhi, Agra and Jaipur, the golden triangle is an area of extraordinary cultural wealth and splendour
- Experience the bustling street life of Delhi, a city like no other, with teeming bazaars and the Great Mosque in Old Delhi
- Visit Jaipur's Hawa Mahal, an icon of Rajashtani architecture and the ethereally beautiful Taj Mahal of Agra
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Exciting marine and entertainment attractions that the whole family can enjoy
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Located in Deira, within old Dubai, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Muraqabat offers a prime opportunity to explore the...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...