Emirates launch new Online and TV campaign
The Dubai-based Emirates airline has come up with a great new initiative to promote their services at the same time they promote their home country as a holiday destination by advertising the best of Dubai holidays with their new 'Meet Dubai' campaign
The latest initiative from Emirates, the prestigious award-winning Middle East carrier, is a revolutionary advertising campaign created to promote their home country as a holiday destination as well as promoting their own brand name. This new strategy from the Dubai-based airline is in line with their double aim of promoting Dubai holidays at the same time they promote their air transport services.
The new ‘Meet Dubai’ online and TV campaign follows Emirates’ highly successful print campaigns which was displayed in various major mainstream media sources such as The New York Times, Newsweek, Time, The Wall Street Journal and others and is designed to capture the unique and varied experience of living in Dubai or enjoying Dubai holidays.
In the new series of TV ads, Etienne Haro directs one of the finest restaurants; whilst Paul Hamilton swims with sharks and Yousef Ali Bin Zayed helped spark a vibrant rebirth of the arts and cultural heritage. In the meantime Waheed Abdul Hameed is a master of the fiery flavours that define authentic indigenous cuisine for the most genuine of culinary experiences during Dubai holidays. All of these characters are among the unscripted, “non-actor” stars of Emirates airline's new advertising campaign soon to air on major television and online outlets. Kevin Sacre, from the popular British soap opera “Hollyoaks” and former member of the Royal Shakespeare Company is the only real professional actor to be appearing in the series of adverts as a tour guide for his personal discovery tour of one of the most fascinating places in the Middle East.
“Some may question our launching this massive ad campaign at a time of economic turmoil around the world but Emirates is confident that there is nothing more important than investing to win new customers. We believe it will surprise viewers and bust certain myths about Dubai. The ‘Meet Dubai’ campaign is a refreshing approach to advertising and, we believe, totally captures the essence of one of the most exciting cities in the world. People - our customers and our colleagues – are what makes Emirates successful, and likewise the unique story of our hub destination, Dubai, is best told through the people who call it home.” was the opinion of Boutros Boutros, Emirates’ Divisional Senior Vice President of Corporate Communications.
Starting 27th September 2009 the fourteen 120, 60 and 30-secon spots, directed by four-time Emmy award winner Michael Noval and filmed in a spontaneous, unrehearsed, documentary stily, the new ads will be Emirates’ largest campaign investment to date. Through the adverts they encompass much of what makes Dubai unique, including the souks and textile markets, trendy art galleries and fashion, restaurants, resorts and one-of-a-kind attractions like the Dubai Mall’s fabulous aquarium and the only indoor ski area in the Middle East. The ads are now airing on various television outlets including CNN, CNBC, BBC World, Discovery Channel, Travel Channel, Google, Yahoo, ESPN and others.
Online audiences around the globe also have an "exclusive" opportunity to view these ad spots and discover the wonders of Dubai holidays by logging onto www.emirates.com/meet-dubai and www.youtube/EmiratesExperience
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Free upgrade to half board on selected dates and two children stay free when sharing with parents
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride in Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal in Agra, experience a feast to remember with a traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- An English-Speaking local Guide will take you around the sightseeing & excursion tours as per the itinerary
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Exclusive discount to the eco-archaeological Xcaret Park
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars & access to 5 Swimming Pools
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
While staying at the hotel you will be able to enjoy Unlimited-Luxury sure to make your Dominican Republic holiday one to never forget
- Five swimming pools including an infinity pool, a children’s pool, a salt water pool and two private Preferred Club pools
- Adults at Now Onyx have full access to Breathless Punta Cana next door including a casino, the After Dark nightclub, the relax Spa by Pevonia®, a fitness center and 20 additional dining and bar options
- All ground floor suites are swim up suites offering access to a pool directly from their terrace
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Located by the picturesque St. Paul's Bay, Porto Azzurro Hotel is only 10 minutes away from Malta's main sandy beaches...
Perfectly positioned right at the heart of Marrakesh's chic and trendy Hivernage district, a modern neighbourhood in...
Situated right at the heart of the Port Rashid district, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Mina sits ideally between the...