Emirates launch new Online and TV campaign
The Dubai-based Emirates airline has come up with a great new initiative to promote their services at the same time they promote their home country as a holiday destination by advertising the best of Dubai holidays with their new 'Meet Dubai' campaign
The latest initiative from Emirates, the prestigious award-winning Middle East carrier, is a revolutionary advertising campaign created to promote their home country as a holiday destination as well as promoting their own brand name. This new strategy from the Dubai-based airline is in line with their double aim of promoting Dubai holidays at the same time they promote their air transport services.
The new ‘Meet Dubai’ online and TV campaign follows Emirates’ highly successful print campaigns which was displayed in various major mainstream media sources such as The New York Times, Newsweek, Time, The Wall Street Journal and others and is designed to capture the unique and varied experience of living in Dubai or enjoying Dubai holidays.
In the new series of TV ads, Etienne Haro directs one of the finest restaurants; whilst Paul Hamilton swims with sharks and Yousef Ali Bin Zayed helped spark a vibrant rebirth of the arts and cultural heritage. In the meantime Waheed Abdul Hameed is a master of the fiery flavours that define authentic indigenous cuisine for the most genuine of culinary experiences during Dubai holidays. All of these characters are among the unscripted, “non-actor” stars of Emirates airline's new advertising campaign soon to air on major television and online outlets. Kevin Sacre, from the popular British soap opera “Hollyoaks” and former member of the Royal Shakespeare Company is the only real professional actor to be appearing in the series of adverts as a tour guide for his personal discovery tour of one of the most fascinating places in the Middle East.
“Some may question our launching this massive ad campaign at a time of economic turmoil around the world but Emirates is confident that there is nothing more important than investing to win new customers. We believe it will surprise viewers and bust certain myths about Dubai. The ‘Meet Dubai’ campaign is a refreshing approach to advertising and, we believe, totally captures the essence of one of the most exciting cities in the world. People - our customers and our colleagues – are what makes Emirates successful, and likewise the unique story of our hub destination, Dubai, is best told through the people who call it home.” was the opinion of Boutros Boutros, Emirates’ Divisional Senior Vice President of Corporate Communications.
Starting 27th September 2009 the fourteen 120, 60 and 30-secon spots, directed by four-time Emmy award winner Michael Noval and filmed in a spontaneous, unrehearsed, documentary stily, the new ads will be Emirates’ largest campaign investment to date. Through the adverts they encompass much of what makes Dubai unique, including the souks and textile markets, trendy art galleries and fashion, restaurants, resorts and one-of-a-kind attractions like the Dubai Mall’s fabulous aquarium and the only indoor ski area in the Middle East. The ads are now airing on various television outlets including CNN, CNBC, BBC World, Discovery Channel, Travel Channel, Google, Yahoo, ESPN and others.
Online audiences around the globe also have an "exclusive" opportunity to view these ad spots and discover the wonders of Dubai holidays by logging onto www.emirates.com/meet-dubai and www.youtube/EmiratesExperience
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Stay at the luxurious Dreams resort with various benefits including a room upgrade to make your holiday extra special
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Enjoy moonlit themed parties, great music shows and outdoor cinema screenings on the beach
- A wide choice of a la carte themed restaurants and chic bars ensure there is something to suit everyone
- The Explorer's Kids Club has a fully supervised children's programme with various different activities
An eco-tourist's dream - embark on an amazing journey of discovery with the perfect combination of comfort and adventure in tropical Costa Rica.
- Explore the amazing country of Costa Rica and discover all it's gems on this in depth tour with a fabulous beach stay
- During this tour you will experience various unique inclusions including a fantastic stay in tented accommodation under the stars in Arenal
- Enjoy various activities and exploration on this holiday including river rafting and much more with various optional tours to add
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
The Topaz Hotel is perfect for those who want to explore St Paul's bay and Malta's rugged countryside. Affordable and...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Despite having opened its doors to guests in 2008, this boutique hotel has been around for much longer as it once was a...