Sandals' Newest Bahamas hotel at Great Exuma finally has an Opening Date
At last Sandals announced the opening date for their newly converted Bahamas hotel at Great Exuma in Emerald Bay. Due to start receiving guests from January 22, 2010 this new Sandals addition has been an awaited conversion from the Four Seasons original
The much awaited new Bahamas hotel conversion by Sandals finally has a confirmed opening date for 2010. The newly refurbished resort will be opening its doors to guests on January 22 of the coming year, welcoming visitors to this new improved version of the Four Seasons original, which after shutting down last May was purchased by the Sandals Group
The new and much improved ultra-exclusive resort unfolds into a grand estate at the breathtaking Emerald Bay in the Bahamas. Located on 500 acres of lush grounds facing a one-mile stretch of pure white sand beach, this all-suite Bahamas hotel will be offering a selection of 190 “magnificently-appointed”, all seafront, luxury accommodation for those lucky enough to be taking Bahamas holidays at this spectacular location.
Luxury holidays certainly don’t get much better than at this sumptuous Sandals Bahamas hotel, with luxurious accommodation styles that range from beachfront villas to charming bay house settings set on a deserted portion of the beautiful Emerald Bay. Each and every single one of these exclusive suites is extremely spacious and they will all be serviced by butlers professionally trained by Sandals Resorts’ exclusive partnership with the Guild of Professional English Butlers.
Unique to this lush Great Exuma property is the stunning 18-hole Greg Norman-designed championship golf course, one of the best in the Caribbean with one of the most beautiful sweeping views over the ocean. This comes complete with a one-of-a-kind 17-acre standalone Marina by Sandals which will become the first ever marina for any Sandals resort.
For sport lovers, other amenities of this new Sandals Bahamas hotel include a fully-equipped tennis centre featuring six Har-tru courts lit for night play with professional stadium seating fit for competition. For those who want the most rejuvenating of Bahamas holidays the resort also accounts with a full-service Red Lane® Spa with 22 indoor treatment areas and six exotic outdoor sanctuaries. Gastronomically-wise there will be six gourmet restaurants including four new concepts introduced by Sandals Resorts, a fine-dining seafood restaurant, an authentic Italian brick-oven pizzeria, a French-style café and a traditional British pub complete with a pool and snooker room.
To complement the resort’s sublime ocean views, the property will also debut 3 pools including a brand new addition to the existing 2, a 1-acre freshwater pool which will become the main pool. Encompassing over half an acre, this spectacular pool will entice guests with a Jacuzzi, swim-up pool bar and unique fire-pit seating area in the centre. Flanking the pool will be misting columns and luxurious cabanas equipped with wireless Internet access for those who need to feel connected to the world no matter where they are. Bahamas holidays at this hotel, whether poolside or on the beach, will be graced by a full complement of butler services.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Prepare to be wowed and dazzled by mystical encounters, ancient cities, marvellous wonders and unique sites as you discover the real and magical Jordan.
- Enjoy a stop-off at Mount Nebo where Prophet Moses viewed the Promised Land
- Visit the Dead Sea & enjoy a drive along the 2000-year-old Kings Highway
- Experience Petra, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, recently voted as one of the New 7 Wonders of the World
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Book now and get a free upgrade to the sea view at Blau Varadero - limited availability
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
- Blau Vardero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...