Sandals' Newest Bahamas hotel at Great Exuma finally has an Opening Date
At last Sandals announced the opening date for their newly converted Bahamas hotel at Great Exuma in Emerald Bay. Due to start receiving guests from January 22, 2010 this new Sandals addition has been an awaited conversion from the Four Seasons original
The much awaited new Bahamas hotel conversion by Sandals finally has a confirmed opening date for 2010. The newly refurbished resort will be opening its doors to guests on January 22 of the coming year, welcoming visitors to this new improved version of the Four Seasons original, which after shutting down last May was purchased by the Sandals Group
The new and much improved ultra-exclusive resort unfolds into a grand estate at the breathtaking Emerald Bay in the Bahamas. Located on 500 acres of lush grounds facing a one-mile stretch of pure white sand beach, this all-suite Bahamas hotel will be offering a selection of 190 “magnificently-appointed”, all seafront, luxury accommodation for those lucky enough to be taking Bahamas holidays at this spectacular location.
Luxury holidays certainly don’t get much better than at this sumptuous Sandals Bahamas hotel, with luxurious accommodation styles that range from beachfront villas to charming bay house settings set on a deserted portion of the beautiful Emerald Bay. Each and every single one of these exclusive suites is extremely spacious and they will all be serviced by butlers professionally trained by Sandals Resorts’ exclusive partnership with the Guild of Professional English Butlers.
Unique to this lush Great Exuma property is the stunning 18-hole Greg Norman-designed championship golf course, one of the best in the Caribbean with one of the most beautiful sweeping views over the ocean. This comes complete with a one-of-a-kind 17-acre standalone Marina by Sandals which will become the first ever marina for any Sandals resort.
For sport lovers, other amenities of this new Sandals Bahamas hotel include a fully-equipped tennis centre featuring six Har-tru courts lit for night play with professional stadium seating fit for competition. For those who want the most rejuvenating of Bahamas holidays the resort also accounts with a full-service Red Lane® Spa with 22 indoor treatment areas and six exotic outdoor sanctuaries. Gastronomically-wise there will be six gourmet restaurants including four new concepts introduced by Sandals Resorts, a fine-dining seafood restaurant, an authentic Italian brick-oven pizzeria, a French-style café and a traditional British pub complete with a pool and snooker room.
To complement the resort’s sublime ocean views, the property will also debut 3 pools including a brand new addition to the existing 2, a 1-acre freshwater pool which will become the main pool. Encompassing over half an acre, this spectacular pool will entice guests with a Jacuzzi, swim-up pool bar and unique fire-pit seating area in the centre. Flanking the pool will be misting columns and luxurious cabanas equipped with wireless Internet access for those who need to feel connected to the world no matter where they are. Bahamas holidays at this hotel, whether poolside or on the beach, will be graced by a full complement of butler services.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Free upgrade to half board on selected dates and two children stay free when sharing with parents
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Exclusive discount to the eco-archaeological Xcaret Park
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars & access to 5 Swimming Pools
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
Stretching along a blessed mile of powdery soft sands, this all-inclusive resort is the perfect place for endless family fun.
- The Kids Club has an outdoor playground and kids-only pool while the Teen Centre for over 13s offers a great variety of fun activities
- Enjoy a FREE glass bottom boat trip, island jeep safari and island coach tour
- Fantastic location 30 minutes to Bridgetown, 5 minutes to Speightstown and 15 minutes to Holetown, there is plenty to explore around the Almond Beach Resort
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Located by the picturesque St. Paul's Bay, Porto Azzurro Hotel is only 10 minutes away from Malta's main sandy beaches...
Perfectly positioned right at the heart of Marrakesh's chic and trendy Hivernage district, a modern neighbourhood in...
Situated right at the heart of the Port Rashid district, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Mina sits ideally between the...