Sandals Hotels and Resorts leap into corporate market
Sandals Hotels and Resorts are moving out of their main streamline of beach resorts by opening a new kind of hotels with Sandals City. Set to be located at Jamaica's city centre in Kingston, the new hotel will be the group's first city resort
Sandals Hotels and Resorts are breaking out of their comfort zone and into the corporate world by opening a new hotel, Sandals City.
The new hotels is set to be located in the city centre of Kingston in Jamaica and will have a number of conference and meeting rooms, functions rooms, tennis and racquetball courts, and a gym and spa.
The hotel is aimed at breaking into the market of business by providing an upmarket establishment standing out from other hotels in Jamaica and offering high quality accommodation for travellers on business travel rather than Jamaica holidays.
Chairman of Sandals, Butch Stewart, said:
"We plan to build our own Sandals City hotel on Oxford Road, Kingston. The plans are in the works right now. It will be a corporate hotel with conference and banqueting rooms and a host of other facilities like spas, racquetball courts, tennis courts, gymnasium, you name it."
Sandals have properties all over the Caribbean and have been providing travellers with Caribbean holidays from Antigua holidays to Bahamas holidays for luxury holiday breaks for a number of years.
Over the last two years an addition was made to Antigua hotels with a luxury Mediterranean village offering 188 luxury family suites. The resort was expanded again last year adding a further 180 suites with the Italian Village to Beaches Turks & Caicos providing travellers on Antigua holidays with a wide range of accommodation, fine dining, and family friendly facilities.
The new Sandals City hotel is expected to do well, despite the nearby location of luxury brand Hilton Jamaica, because of its prime location and the range of facilities it will offer its guests.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
A resort where there is something for everyone
- FAMILY PACKAGES from £ 1899 for a family of 2 adults & 2 kids below 12
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- up to 2 children eat and stay for free
Sun-seekers will love this deal transporting you to the golden beaches of Phuket
- 3 free-form swimming pools to choose from
- Take advantage of the swim up bar
- Complimentary shuttle service to Ya Nui Beach, Nai harn Beach and Kata Beach
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Exclusive discount to the eco-archaeological Xcaret Park
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars & access to 5 Swimming Pools
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
Soak in the vitamin D on Phuket’s sun-kissed coastline with a stay the Rawai Palm Beach Resort, a matter of steps from...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Despite having opened its doors to guests in 2008, this boutique hotel has been around for much longer as it once was a...