Sandals Hotels and Resorts leap into corporate market
Sandals Hotels and Resorts are moving out of their main streamline of beach resorts by opening a new kind of hotels with Sandals City. Set to be located at Jamaica's city centre in Kingston, the new hotel will be the group's first city resort
Sandals Hotels and Resorts are breaking out of their comfort zone and into the corporate world by opening a new hotel, Sandals City.
The new hotels is set to be located in the city centre of Kingston in Jamaica and will have a number of conference and meeting rooms, functions rooms, tennis and racquetball courts, and a gym and spa.
The hotel is aimed at breaking into the market of business by providing an upmarket establishment standing out from other hotels in Jamaica and offering high quality accommodation for travellers on business travel rather than Jamaica holidays.
Chairman of Sandals, Butch Stewart, said:
"We plan to build our own Sandals City hotel on Oxford Road, Kingston. The plans are in the works right now. It will be a corporate hotel with conference and banqueting rooms and a host of other facilities like spas, racquetball courts, tennis courts, gymnasium, you name it."
Sandals have properties all over the Caribbean and have been providing travellers with Caribbean holidays from Antigua holidays to Bahamas holidays for luxury holiday breaks for a number of years.
Over the last two years an addition was made to Antigua hotels with a luxury Mediterranean village offering 188 luxury family suites. The resort was expanded again last year adding a further 180 suites with the Italian Village to Beaches Turks & Caicos providing travellers on Antigua holidays with a wide range of accommodation, fine dining, and family friendly facilities.
The new Sandals City hotel is expected to do well, despite the nearby location of luxury brand Hilton Jamaica, because of its prime location and the range of facilities it will offer its guests.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Stay at the luxurious Dreams resort with various benefits including a room upgrade to make your holiday extra special
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Enjoy moonlit themed parties, great music shows and outdoor cinema screenings on the beach
- A wide choice of a la carte themed restaurants and chic bars ensure there is something to suit everyone
- The Explorer's Kids Club has a fully supervised children's programme with various different activities
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Take a unique journey aboard the Eastern and Oriental Express, travelling from the streets of Bangkok through to the...
Discover the unspoilt beauty of central Bali with a stay at the Plataran Ubud where you can gaze out across stunning...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...