Cuba holidays becoming most popular Caribbean holiday destination
Cuba's Minister of Tourism., Alexis Trujillo has declared Cuba to be the most popular Caribbean holiday destination as of late, with a 2.9% growth in Cuba's tourism which is likely to keep increasing despite turbulent times.
Cuba holidays are the most popular holidays taken within the Caribbean region, according to Alexis Trujillo, first vice minister of Tourism. With a 2.9 percent growth to tourism in Cuba, and likely to increase despite turbulent times, the stunning region is fast becoming one of the most popular tourist destinations with travellers from all over the world taking holidays in Cuba.
This winter, Russian airline, Aeroflot, will be launching five new flights to the holiday hotspot, encouraging more travellers from Russia to visit the region and take relaxing Cuba holidays. Cuba's popularity with travellers is said to be due to the region's stunning scenery and natural habitat, tropical climate, relaxed way of life and friendly residents, and the country's authenticity and cultural influence on visitors.
Located to the east of Mexico, Cuba is an island country in the north Caribbean Sea and is considered one of the most popular holiday destinations in the world.
Recent laws affecting USA citizens regarding their access into Cuba have been relaxed and tourist numbers are rising as a result.
With more people choosing Cuba as a destination for their Caribbean holidays, the country's tourism is looking forward to receiving the boost it needs to recover from effects of the recent recession.
More luxury accommodation is being introduced to the region and an increase in winter flights is expected from airlines from cities all over the world.
With so much to see and do, from tours of the country's capital, Havana, to boat excursions and diving trips around the country's stunning coastline, travellers taking Cuba holidays will find an array of activities, sights, culinary delights, ensuring a memorable experience.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Soak up the Caribbean sun on Varadero’s white sands
- The state of the art facilities and décor, that ensure a comfortable stay
- The daytime activities program & Kids club.
- The perfect location along one of the most spectacular stretches of beach in Cuba.
Enjoy the exciting nightlife the Melia Marina Varadero Hotel has to offer, whilst relaxing during the day in the beautiful accommodation
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 29th May 2017
- Incredible all-inclusive benefits with dining at 9 restaurants at Melia Marina Varadero Hotel
- Book now and get a free upgrade to the sea view at Melia Habana - limited availability
- Melia Marina Varadero Hotel is ideally located 300m from the beach in an ecological reserve with a dolphinarium and caves to explore
- Excellent watersports facilities including yachting, fishing and diving
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...
Look out onto the day to day life of Havana's streets from the Casa Santy's balconies, with its great location and a...