Cuba holidays becoming most popular Caribbean holiday destination
Cuba's Minister of Tourism., Alexis Trujillo has declared Cuba to be the most popular Caribbean holiday destination as of late, with a 2.9% growth in Cuba's tourism which is likely to keep increasing despite turbulent times.
Cuba holidays are the most popular holidays taken within the Caribbean region, according to Alexis Trujillo, first vice minister of Tourism. With a 2.9 percent growth to tourism in Cuba, and likely to increase despite turbulent times, the stunning region is fast becoming one of the most popular tourist destinations with travellers from all over the world taking holidays in Cuba.
This winter, Russian airline, Aeroflot, will be launching five new flights to the holiday hotspot, encouraging more travellers from Russia to visit the region and take relaxing Cuba holidays. Cuba's popularity with travellers is said to be due to the region's stunning scenery and natural habitat, tropical climate, relaxed way of life and friendly residents, and the country's authenticity and cultural influence on visitors.
Located to the east of Mexico, Cuba is an island country in the north Caribbean Sea and is considered one of the most popular holiday destinations in the world.
Recent laws affecting USA citizens regarding their access into Cuba have been relaxed and tourist numbers are rising as a result.
With more people choosing Cuba as a destination for their Caribbean holidays, the country's tourism is looking forward to receiving the boost it needs to recover from effects of the recent recession.
More luxury accommodation is being introduced to the region and an increase in winter flights is expected from airlines from cities all over the world.
With so much to see and do, from tours of the country's capital, Havana, to boat excursions and diving trips around the country's stunning coastline, travellers taking Cuba holidays will find an array of activities, sights, culinary delights, ensuring a memorable experience.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
With great watersports galore, your winter-sun holiday can be one to remember in Cuba
- Try your hand at some adrenaline-pumping water sports including sailing, windsurfing and diving
- If you’re not up for a night on the tiles you can simply chill out at the resort and enjoy the evening’s entertainment
- If you’re a night-owl you won’t be able to resist Varadero’s buzzing nightlife
Discover the relaxing Varadero and sink into sublim tranquillity
- Experience the beauty of Varadero Beach where you can relax and unwind on the tranquil white sandy beaches whilst enjoying the 24-hrs All-inclusive offered at the Luxurious Iberostar Varadero
- Stay in Havana's most highly rated hotel, with an iconic location facing Central Park
- Discover Cuba whilst staying at the 2 Top rated TripAdvisor hotels in Cuba
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- This package offers little touches to make your holiday extra special including a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking for adventure or relaxation
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by the clear waters when staying at Melia Varadero
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
This carefully selected combination of hotels combines a stay in Havana with a stay upon the coast of Varadero. Start...