Cuba holidays becoming most popular Caribbean holiday destination
Cuba's Minister of Tourism., Alexis Trujillo has declared Cuba to be the most popular Caribbean holiday destination as of late, with a 2.9% growth in Cuba's tourism which is likely to keep increasing despite turbulent times.
Cuba holidays are the most popular holidays taken within the Caribbean region, according to Alexis Trujillo, first vice minister of Tourism. With a 2.9 percent growth to tourism in Cuba, and likely to increase despite turbulent times, the stunning region is fast becoming one of the most popular tourist destinations with travellers from all over the world taking holidays in Cuba.
This winter, Russian airline, Aeroflot, will be launching five new flights to the holiday hotspot, encouraging more travellers from Russia to visit the region and take relaxing Cuba holidays. Cuba's popularity with travellers is said to be due to the region's stunning scenery and natural habitat, tropical climate, relaxed way of life and friendly residents, and the country's authenticity and cultural influence on visitors.
Located to the east of Mexico, Cuba is an island country in the north Caribbean Sea and is considered one of the most popular holiday destinations in the world.
Recent laws affecting USA citizens regarding their access into Cuba have been relaxed and tourist numbers are rising as a result.
With more people choosing Cuba as a destination for their Caribbean holidays, the country's tourism is looking forward to receiving the boost it needs to recover from effects of the recent recession.
More luxury accommodation is being introduced to the region and an increase in winter flights is expected from airlines from cities all over the world.
With so much to see and do, from tours of the country's capital, Havana, to boat excursions and diving trips around the country's stunning coastline, travellers taking Cuba holidays will find an array of activities, sights, culinary delights, ensuring a memorable experience.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
A superb combination of great accommodation and exciting activities make this resort one of Cuba's hottest properties
- Previous winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and ranked in the top 5 Hotels in Varadero
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Couples can benefit from a free bottle of sparkling wine and a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple
Indulge in a couples special retreat that includes a Deluxe Havana City Break and Luxury Adults-Only All Inclusive Beach Escape in Varadero
- The perfect 5* multi centre mixing exciting city life with a pampering beach retreat in romantic Cuba
- The luxury all suite Paradisus Princesa Del Mar Resort and Spa is situated on the pristine Varadero beach
- Melia Habana is the perfect base for exploring all that Cuba has to offer and also offers a free shuttle to and from the Old City Centre
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
An unforgettable holiday experience combining the vibrant life of Havana and the relaxing beach at Varadero
- Benefit from multiple swimming pools and non-motorised water sports in Varadero.
- Relish upgraded luxuries including 24h room service and sparkling wine and chocolates on arrival.
- Discover the treasures of Havana form the tranquil base of the Melia Habana Hotel.
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Bellevue Palma Real Varadero is a special hotel as it is authentically Cuban in every respect, from the food to the...