Middle East holidays carrier; Gulf Air Increases Baggage Allowance
Bahrain-based Gulf Air is the proud Middle Eastern carrier to be announcing a free baggage allowance increase amidst the difficult financial times in which airlines such as BA have introduced gimmicks and new ways of charging passengers.
A pioneer in the aviation industry, Gulf Air the international Middle Eastern carrier to popular holiday destinations such as Oman holidays, Dubai holidays and Abu Dhabi holidays is now introducing an unprecedented incentive never before seen in the airline industry.
Gulf Air is now introducing one of the most generous baggage allowance policies in all of its 3 classes, standing out from most other major carriers worldwide and their stricter baggage allowance.
Gulf Air’s Chief Commercial Officer, Mr Willy Boulter said: "Our decision to increase the allowance is in direct response to feedback from our customers who are looking for greater flexibility in the amount of free-checked luggage they can carry when flying. Many of our customers travel to destinations on the Gulf Air network for extended periods to visit friends and family as well as for work related commitments and therefore need to carry more luggage than the standard allowance provides for. As we strive to be the airline of choice, our priority is to guarantee our customers excellence in service and value for money when travelling with us. Our new baggage allowance is an excellent example of this.”
Their new baggage policy will enter into force as early as from 1st October 2009 offering passengers the exclusive privilege of getting more out of their Dubai holidays or Abu Dhabi holidays as they are able to take more souvenirs with them. Great for Dubai shopping holidays, the new policy will mean that for First Business and Economy class, baggage allowance will increase by 10kgs in each case, taking them to a total allowance of 50kgs, 40kgs and 30kgs respectively.
Gold and Silver members of Gulf Air’s frequent flyer programme are also entitled to an additional baggage allowance of 15kgs for silver members and 20kgs for gold card members.
The new Gulf Air allowance is 10kgs more than the standard allowance provided by most airlines worldwide.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 19:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Make your trip to Phuket one to remember at romantic and secluded Rawai beach
- Perfect for families or couples searching for their own slice of paradise
- Complimentary shuttle services to Ya Nui beach, Nai Harn beach and Kata beach
- Free upgrade to Deluxe Pool View
A resort where there is something for everyone
- FAMILY PACKAGES for a family of 2 adults & 2 kids below 12
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- up to 2 children eat and stay for free
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Exciting marine and entertainment attractions that the whole family can enjoy
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Located in Deira, within old Dubai, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Muraqabat offers a prime opportunity to explore the...
This stunning 4 star property, Novotel Abu Dhabi Al Bustan hotel, offers guests an ideal base from which to discover Abu...