Middle East holidays carrier; Gulf Air Increases Baggage Allowance
Bahrain-based Gulf Air is the proud Middle Eastern carrier to be announcing a free baggage allowance increase amidst the difficult financial times in which airlines such as BA have introduced gimmicks and new ways of charging passengers.
A pioneer in the aviation industry, Gulf Air the international Middle Eastern carrier to popular holiday destinations such as Oman holidays, Dubai holidays and Abu Dhabi holidays is now introducing an unprecedented incentive never before seen in the airline industry.
Gulf Air is now introducing one of the most generous baggage allowance policies in all of its 3 classes, standing out from most other major carriers worldwide and their stricter baggage allowance.
Gulf Air’s Chief Commercial Officer, Mr Willy Boulter said: "Our decision to increase the allowance is in direct response to feedback from our customers who are looking for greater flexibility in the amount of free-checked luggage they can carry when flying. Many of our customers travel to destinations on the Gulf Air network for extended periods to visit friends and family as well as for work related commitments and therefore need to carry more luggage than the standard allowance provides for. As we strive to be the airline of choice, our priority is to guarantee our customers excellence in service and value for money when travelling with us. Our new baggage allowance is an excellent example of this.”
Their new baggage policy will enter into force as early as from 1st October 2009 offering passengers the exclusive privilege of getting more out of their Dubai holidays or Abu Dhabi holidays as they are able to take more souvenirs with them. Great for Dubai shopping holidays, the new policy will mean that for First Business and Economy class, baggage allowance will increase by 10kgs in each case, taking them to a total allowance of 50kgs, 40kgs and 30kgs respectively.
Gold and Silver members of Gulf Air’s frequent flyer programme are also entitled to an additional baggage allowance of 15kgs for silver members and 20kgs for gold card members.
The new Gulf Air allowance is 10kgs more than the standard allowance provided by most airlines worldwide.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Sun-seekers will love this deal transporting you to the golden beaches of Phuket
- 3 free-form swimming pools to choose from
- Take advantage of the swim up bar
- Complimentary shuttle service to Ya Nui Beach, Nai harn Beach and Kata Beach
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
An eco-tourist's dream - embark on an amazing journey of discovery with the perfect combination of comfort and adventure in tropical Costa Rica.
- Explore the amazing country of Costa Rica and discover all it's gems on this in depth tour with a fabulous beach stay
- During this tour you will experience various unique inclusions including a fantastic stay in tented accommodation under the stars in Arenal
- Enjoy various activities and exploration on this holiday including river rafting and much more with various optional tours to add
Soak in the vitamin D on Phuket’s sun-kissed coastline with a stay the Rawai Palm Beach Resort, a matter of steps from...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Despite having opened its doors to guests in 2008, this boutique hotel has been around for much longer as it once was a...