Middle East holidays carrier; Gulf Air Increases Baggage Allowance
Bahrain-based Gulf Air is the proud Middle Eastern carrier to be announcing a free baggage allowance increase amidst the difficult financial times in which airlines such as BA have introduced gimmicks and new ways of charging passengers.
A pioneer in the aviation industry, Gulf Air the international Middle Eastern carrier to popular holiday destinations such as Oman holidays, Dubai holidays and Abu Dhabi holidays is now introducing an unprecedented incentive never before seen in the airline industry.
Gulf Air is now introducing one of the most generous baggage allowance policies in all of its 3 classes, standing out from most other major carriers worldwide and their stricter baggage allowance.
Gulf Air’s Chief Commercial Officer, Mr Willy Boulter said: "Our decision to increase the allowance is in direct response to feedback from our customers who are looking for greater flexibility in the amount of free-checked luggage they can carry when flying. Many of our customers travel to destinations on the Gulf Air network for extended periods to visit friends and family as well as for work related commitments and therefore need to carry more luggage than the standard allowance provides for. As we strive to be the airline of choice, our priority is to guarantee our customers excellence in service and value for money when travelling with us. Our new baggage allowance is an excellent example of this.”
Their new baggage policy will enter into force as early as from 1st October 2009 offering passengers the exclusive privilege of getting more out of their Dubai holidays or Abu Dhabi holidays as they are able to take more souvenirs with them. Great for Dubai shopping holidays, the new policy will mean that for First Business and Economy class, baggage allowance will increase by 10kgs in each case, taking them to a total allowance of 50kgs, 40kgs and 30kgs respectively.
Gold and Silver members of Gulf Air’s frequent flyer programme are also entitled to an additional baggage allowance of 15kgs for silver members and 20kgs for gold card members.
The new Gulf Air allowance is 10kgs more than the standard allowance provided by most airlines worldwide.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars catering to every taste and occasion & access to 5 glorious Swimming Pools including 1 at Royal Level, 1 salt water pool only for adults and 1 children's pool
- This resort is a fantastic choice for an exciting family holiday that you will never forget,why not make it extra special by upgrading to visit the amazing Xcaret Park
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride through Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal, experience traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide
Prepare to be wowed and dazzled by mystical encounters, ancient cities, marvellous wonders and unique sites as you discover the real and magical Jordan.
- Enjoy a stop-off at Mount Nebo where Prophet Moses viewed the Promised Land
- Visit the Dead Sea & enjoy a drive along the 2000-year-old Kings Highway
- Experience Petra, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, recently voted as one of the New 7 Wonders of the World
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Fairmont Ajman is surrounded by stunning white sandy beaches and year round sunshine, just 30 minutes from the bustling...