Middle East holidays carrier; Gulf Air Increases Baggage Allowance
Bahrain-based Gulf Air is the proud Middle Eastern carrier to be announcing a free baggage allowance increase amidst the difficult financial times in which airlines such as BA have introduced gimmicks and new ways of charging passengers.
A pioneer in the aviation industry, Gulf Air the international Middle Eastern carrier to popular holiday destinations such as Oman holidays, Dubai holidays and Abu Dhabi holidays is now introducing an unprecedented incentive never before seen in the airline industry.
Gulf Air is now introducing one of the most generous baggage allowance policies in all of its 3 classes, standing out from most other major carriers worldwide and their stricter baggage allowance.
Gulf Air’s Chief Commercial Officer, Mr Willy Boulter said: "Our decision to increase the allowance is in direct response to feedback from our customers who are looking for greater flexibility in the amount of free-checked luggage they can carry when flying. Many of our customers travel to destinations on the Gulf Air network for extended periods to visit friends and family as well as for work related commitments and therefore need to carry more luggage than the standard allowance provides for. As we strive to be the airline of choice, our priority is to guarantee our customers excellence in service and value for money when travelling with us. Our new baggage allowance is an excellent example of this.”
Their new baggage policy will enter into force as early as from 1st October 2009 offering passengers the exclusive privilege of getting more out of their Dubai holidays or Abu Dhabi holidays as they are able to take more souvenirs with them. Great for Dubai shopping holidays, the new policy will mean that for First Business and Economy class, baggage allowance will increase by 10kgs in each case, taking them to a total allowance of 50kgs, 40kgs and 30kgs respectively.
Gold and Silver members of Gulf Air’s frequent flyer programme are also entitled to an additional baggage allowance of 15kgs for silver members and 20kgs for gold card members.
The new Gulf Air allowance is 10kgs more than the standard allowance provided by most airlines worldwide.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Make your trip to Phuket one to remember at romantic and secluded Rawai beach
- Enjoy a taste of Thailand with a complimentary cooking class
- Relaxing location close to the beach
- Free shuttle services to Ya Nui beach, Nai Harn beach and Kata beach
A resort where there is something for everyone
- FAMILY PACKAGES from £ 1899 for a family of 2 adults & 2 kids below 12
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- up to 2 children eat and stay for free
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Enjoy Unlimited-Luxury and make the most of the stunning secluded setting at Bavaro beach
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Younger guests get to have limitless fun at the Explorer's Kids Club and the Core Zone Teens' Club.
- Enjoy a host of activities, including tennis, basketball, volleyball, bowling, golf, Horse riding, fishing, aerobics, dance classes, water sports.
- Be dined and wined at a selection of no less than nine restaurants.
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Rove City Centre is one of Dubai's newest hotels, offering a year-round outdoor pool and fitness centre. Conveniently...
A modern, stylish and affordable Abu Dhabi hotel conveniently located in within easy access to the Abu Dhabi Airport as...