Middle East holidays carrier; Gulf Air Increases Baggage Allowance
Bahrain-based Gulf Air is the proud Middle Eastern carrier to be announcing a free baggage allowance increase amidst the difficult financial times in which airlines such as BA have introduced gimmicks and new ways of charging passengers.
A pioneer in the aviation industry, Gulf Air the international Middle Eastern carrier to popular holiday destinations such as Oman holidays, Dubai holidays and Abu Dhabi holidays is now introducing an unprecedented incentive never before seen in the airline industry.
Gulf Air is now introducing one of the most generous baggage allowance policies in all of its 3 classes, standing out from most other major carriers worldwide and their stricter baggage allowance.
Gulf Air’s Chief Commercial Officer, Mr Willy Boulter said: "Our decision to increase the allowance is in direct response to feedback from our customers who are looking for greater flexibility in the amount of free-checked luggage they can carry when flying. Many of our customers travel to destinations on the Gulf Air network for extended periods to visit friends and family as well as for work related commitments and therefore need to carry more luggage than the standard allowance provides for. As we strive to be the airline of choice, our priority is to guarantee our customers excellence in service and value for money when travelling with us. Our new baggage allowance is an excellent example of this.”
Their new baggage policy will enter into force as early as from 1st October 2009 offering passengers the exclusive privilege of getting more out of their Dubai holidays or Abu Dhabi holidays as they are able to take more souvenirs with them. Great for Dubai shopping holidays, the new policy will mean that for First Business and Economy class, baggage allowance will increase by 10kgs in each case, taking them to a total allowance of 50kgs, 40kgs and 30kgs respectively.
Gold and Silver members of Gulf Air’s frequent flyer programme are also entitled to an additional baggage allowance of 15kgs for silver members and 20kgs for gold card members.
The new Gulf Air allowance is 10kgs more than the standard allowance provided by most airlines worldwide.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Visit Jaipur's Hawa Mahal, an icon of Rajashtani architecture and the ethereally beautiful Taj mahal of Agra
- Perfect tour to introduce you to India, Home to the cities of Delhi, Agra and Jaipur, the golden triangle is an area of extraordinary cultural wealth and splendour.
- Experience the street life of Delhi, Delhi is a city like no other, with teeming bazaars and the Great Mosque in Old Delhi
Stay at the luxurious Dreams resort with various benefits
- Enjoy moonlit themed parties, great music shows and outdoor cinema screenings on the beach
- A wide choice of a la carte themed restaurants and chic bars ensure there is something to suit everyone
- The Explorer's Kids Club has a fully supervised children's programme with various different activities
Indulge in the finer things in life at a luxury five-star retreat and enjoy rocking the night away
- The location on Cancun's tranquil southern shore, provides the perfect rejuivinating base for exploring Cancun.
- The resort is home to one of only two Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Courses in Cancun.
- Enjoy the array of activities including surfing, golf, dolphin swims, tours, spa treatments and much more.
Uncover the charms of India as you spend eight days touring some of its most important touristic sites. The Golden...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
With all the modern facilities and comforts you would expect from a 4* hotel, this hotel is set within central Al Barsha...
Fairmont Ajman is surrounded by stunning white sandy beaches and year round sunshine, just 30 minutes from the bustling...