Romantic beach resorts and African safaris perfect for honeymoons abroad
Lush African holidays filled with the beauty of wild nature and exotic beach resorts in deserted locations can prove the most idyllic holiday destinations for lovers on their honeymoon. Valleys and beaches can prove to be the most romantic of backdrops
After the months of planning, organising, and general stress involved in weddings, newlyweds eagerly look forward to their honeymoons abroad to relax and enjoy the start of marital bliss and their new life together. This is why choosing the right location for honeymoons abroad is so vital to ensure the perfect stress-free break.
Most honeymoons abroad involve white sandy beaches, luxury accommodation, tropical temperatures and a feast of fine dining. However, after a few days of romantic walks on the beach, sipping champagne cocktails, and reminiscing over the wedding day, many couples are ready to experience adventure and new surroundings to add to their perfect holiday.
Classic honeymoon destinations include the Maldives and Mauritius with floating hotels, picturesque tropical surroundings, pristine white sandy beaches, all-inclusive luxury packages, and swimming in cool infinity pools. Where some couples enjoy staying at a luxury beach hotel in the Indian Ocean, many others are keen to experience adventure and a walk on the wild side with an African safari.
Mozambique is a traditional and popular honeymoon destination with lots of diving and water activities as well as secluded islands providing honeymooners with romantic sunsets and luxury accommodation. South Africa offers newlyweds an array of activities from wine tasting tours, relaxing days on the beach, to going off on a safari and experience wildlife and nature at its best with sightings of some of the world’s most magnificent animals.
Honeymoons provide newlyweds with the perfect excuse to indulge, relax, and experience their own slice of paradise, and romantic beach resorts and wild safaris offer the perfect surroundings whether couples are looking for indulgence or adventure – or both!
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 19:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Africa Browse all
Enjoy a unique Nile Cruise on a comfortable ship featuring panoramic views of the Nile from your cabin
- The Swiss Inn Superior Radamis I is a first class Nile Cruise ship which offers a voyage of luxury and discovery
- Each of the spacious cabins offers comfortable furnishings and panoramic views of the Nile
- Amenities on board the Radamis I include a sundeck and pool, a fitness area and a restaurant which serves a variety of dishes
Enjoy a fun-filled stay on King's Island in the Nile River, with plenty of activities on offer at the hotel as well as being only a 10 minute drive away from Luxor downtown
- Cocktails, beverages and light meals are served in the lounge and drinks on deck until sun set
- Great selection of bars and restaurants, with everything from buffet to fine French cuisine, plus the Fellah Tent provides an overview of Oriental traditions
- Leisure facilities include two large swimming pools with waterfalls, separate children's pool and an adults only pool, plus floodlit tennis courts, a jogging track, fishing, an air conditioned gym and more!
The perfect escape for couples with exclusive added values not to be missed
- Enjoy a number of complimentary added value offers - must be booked by 15th January 2018
- Free room upgrade to the Superior Deluxe Suite
- Free Romantic Dinner for 2 plus a bottle of wine on Arrival
- Free upgrade to private transfers
Best of Cape Town, Garden Route & Safari tour is your perfect choice to find out about the country, its history and culture.
- Your journey includes 3 exciting game drives to spot Africa's "Big Five": lion, elephant, buffalo, leopard and rhinoceros
- Highlights includes: Cape Town Garden Route seeing the Cango Caves and the Swartberg Mountain, safari game drives, The Winelands, Monkeyland, Knysna Forest and more
- Excellent services included in the tour: 10 days Toyoto Corolla Car rental with GPS and additional driver option
The Oberoi Sahl Hasheesh is a luxurious all-suite resort located in Hurghada on Egypt's Red Sea Coast. This secluded...
This is a two-week journey that you will never forget as you are taken in by South Africa's wealth of wonders and...
With a good location next to the city centre and the medina, this charming hotel will put you in close proximity to the...
The popularity of the city of Luxor as one of the treasure troves of historical ruins in Egypt is well known. Grab this...
Situated outside the city in a quiet and uplifting location by the seaside, the Ezzahra Dar Tunis enjoys a wonderfully...