Romantic beach resorts and African safaris perfect for honeymoons abroad
Lush African holidays filled with the beauty of wild nature and exotic beach resorts in deserted locations can prove the most idyllic holiday destinations for lovers on their honeymoon. Valleys and beaches can prove to be the most romantic of backdrops
After the months of planning, organising, and general stress involved in weddings, newlyweds eagerly look forward to their honeymoons abroad to relax and enjoy the start of marital bliss and their new life together. This is why choosing the right location for honeymoons abroad is so vital to ensure the perfect stress-free break.
Most honeymoons abroad involve white sandy beaches, luxury accommodation, tropical temperatures and a feast of fine dining. However, after a few days of romantic walks on the beach, sipping champagne cocktails, and reminiscing over the wedding day, many couples are ready to experience adventure and new surroundings to add to their perfect holiday.
Classic honeymoon destinations include the Maldives and Mauritius with floating hotels, picturesque tropical surroundings, pristine white sandy beaches, all-inclusive luxury packages, and swimming in cool infinity pools. Where some couples enjoy staying at a luxury beach hotel in the Indian Ocean, many others are keen to experience adventure and a walk on the wild side with an African safari.
Mozambique is a traditional and popular honeymoon destination with lots of diving and water activities as well as secluded islands providing honeymooners with romantic sunsets and luxury accommodation. South Africa offers newlyweds an array of activities from wine tasting tours, relaxing days on the beach, to going off on a safari and experience wildlife and nature at its best with sightings of some of the world’s most magnificent animals.
Honeymoons provide newlyweds with the perfect excuse to indulge, relax, and experience their own slice of paradise, and romantic beach resorts and wild safaris offer the perfect surroundings whether couples are looking for indulgence or adventure – or both!
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Africa Browse all
Discover Morocco with plenty of opportunities for relaxations and entertainment for the whole family
Benefit from the private balcony with wonderful garden or sea views at Agadir Beach Club
- Never waste a minute of your holiday with the activities for everyone to enjoy - indoor pool, kids' club, beach volleyball, table tennis and more
- Relax and enjoy the fabulous spa services and all massage treatment rooms
- Elegant and modern restaurants offering international, seafood, French, Moroccan and Italian cuisines
The ideal luxury hideaway for rich Moroccan culture with a dash of coastal recreation and sun-seeking pleasures.
- All rooms come equipped with satellite TV and Wi-Fi Internet access
- The So Lounge, Bar & Restaurant has separate sections with a DJ, live music, contemporary Moroccan cuisine and Zen calm and comfort private boxes
- Great for sport lovers, with kayaking, tennis, table tennis, volleyball, windsurfing and more available
Travel through the wonderful winelands region of South Africa before a short stay in a fully-equipped Dubai city hotel
- Doubletree by Hilton Al Barsha is set in Dubai's Al Barsha area, close to world-class shops, restaurants and popular Dubai attractions, just behind the Mall of The Emirates.
- Rental car included for the tour of South Africa
- Travel through the Winelands and Cape Peninsula in one of the most beautiful areas of the world
Relaxing and unforgetable experince with 11 nights tour including an excellent range of facilities
- Experience the fruitful lifestyle of the Cape Region
- Discover the spectacular landscapes of the Kruger region
- Travel to Karongwe Private Game Reserve to get exclusive access, day and night, to a wide range of animals including the "Big Five"
The Oberoi Sahl Hasheesh is a luxurious all-suite resort located in Hurghada on Egypt's Red Sea Coast. This secluded...
Tour Summary South Africa is one of the most diverse countries in the world, a place where you will find exotic...
Overview South Africa is one of the most diverse countries in the world, a place where you will find exotic...
HIGHLIGHTS TOUR SAFARI, WINELANDS & CAPE TOWN South Africa is one of the most diverse countries in the world, a place...
A charming little retreat right at the heart of Tunis, Le Pacha is centrally located to give you easy access to all of...
Situated outside the city in a quiet and uplifting location by the seaside, the Ezzahra Dar Tunis enjoys a wonderfully...
In close proximity to the business district and right in the midst of all the action in Tunis, El Hana International is...