Romantic beach resorts and African safaris perfect for honeymoons abroad
Lush African holidays filled with the beauty of wild nature and exotic beach resorts in deserted locations can prove the most idyllic holiday destinations for lovers on their honeymoon. Valleys and beaches can prove to be the most romantic of backdrops
After the months of planning, organising, and general stress involved in weddings, newlyweds eagerly look forward to their honeymoons abroad to relax and enjoy the start of marital bliss and their new life together. This is why choosing the right location for honeymoons abroad is so vital to ensure the perfect stress-free break.
Most honeymoons abroad involve white sandy beaches, luxury accommodation, tropical temperatures and a feast of fine dining. However, after a few days of romantic walks on the beach, sipping champagne cocktails, and reminiscing over the wedding day, many couples are ready to experience adventure and new surroundings to add to their perfect holiday.
Classic honeymoon destinations include the Maldives and Mauritius with floating hotels, picturesque tropical surroundings, pristine white sandy beaches, all-inclusive luxury packages, and swimming in cool infinity pools. Where some couples enjoy staying at a luxury beach hotel in the Indian Ocean, many others are keen to experience adventure and a walk on the wild side with an African safari.
Mozambique is a traditional and popular honeymoon destination with lots of diving and water activities as well as secluded islands providing honeymooners with romantic sunsets and luxury accommodation. South Africa offers newlyweds an array of activities from wine tasting tours, relaxing days on the beach, to going off on a safari and experience wildlife and nature at its best with sightings of some of the world’s most magnificent animals.
Honeymoons provide newlyweds with the perfect excuse to indulge, relax, and experience their own slice of paradise, and romantic beach resorts and wild safaris offer the perfect surroundings whether couples are looking for indulgence or adventure – or both!
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Africa Browse all
Discover Morocco with plenty of opportunities for relaxations and entertainment for the whole family
Benefit from the private balcony with wonderful garden or sea views at Agadir Beach Club
- Never waste a minute of your holiday with the activities for everyone to enjoy - indoor pool, kids' club, beach volleyball, table tennis and more
- Relax and enjoy the fabulous spa services and all massage treatment rooms
- Elegant and modern restaurants offering international, seafood, French, Moroccan and Italian cuisines
Go for the experience of lifetime on this self-driven Kruger route - a classical tour that offers something for everyone with magical views along the way.
- The package includes accommodation in carefully selected 4* properties, meals as well as car hire including a GPS during your entire journey
- The tour is 7 nights and 8 days long with insights into the history of South Africa, cultural diversity, adventure, scenic beauty and unforgettable safaris
- Enjoy 4 game drives including morning and afternoon safaris to see elephants, leopards, lions, rhinos, cheetahs, hippos and many more animals
Relaxing and unforgetable experince with 11 nights tour including an excellent range of facilities
- Experience the fruitful lifestyle of the Cape Region
- Discover the spectacular landscapes of the Kruger region
- Travel to Karongwe Private Game Reserve to get exclusive access, day and night, to a wide range of animals including the "Big Five"
Explore the natural landscapes and wildlife that South Africa has to offer, before experiencing the Paradise of Seychelles.
- Have the time of your life, combining the best of both worlds!
- The resort is set between a turquoise lagoon and verdant green hills, beside its own bay of white sands. The resort is on the west coast of Mahe, just 35 minutes from the international airport.
- 5 days self drive tour in South Africa
Enjoy six days of sun and sand accompanied by uninterrupted leisure at Egypt's sought-after Sharm El Sheikh resort town...
Sharm El Sheikh is one of Egypt's best kept secrets. Spend six blissful days here enjoying the beauty of the Sinai...
Venture into the land of the pyramids and Pharaohs for a holiday you'll never forget. Besides the incredible history of...
Overview South Africa is one of the most diverse countries in the world, a place where you will find exotic...
Despite having opened its doors to guests in 2008, this boutique hotel has been around for much longer as it once was a...
Oozing Moroccan charm through all its pores, this elegant and picturesque boutique hotel and "maison" sitting...
With a good location next to the city centre and the medina, this charming hotel will put you in close proximity to the...