Romantic beach resorts and African safaris perfect for honeymoons abroad
Lush African holidays filled with the beauty of wild nature and exotic beach resorts in deserted locations can prove the most idyllic holiday destinations for lovers on their honeymoon. Valleys and beaches can prove to be the most romantic of backdrops
After the months of planning, organising, and general stress involved in weddings, newlyweds eagerly look forward to their honeymoons abroad to relax and enjoy the start of marital bliss and their new life together. This is why choosing the right location for honeymoons abroad is so vital to ensure the perfect stress-free break.
Most honeymoons abroad involve white sandy beaches, luxury accommodation, tropical temperatures and a feast of fine dining. However, after a few days of romantic walks on the beach, sipping champagne cocktails, and reminiscing over the wedding day, many couples are ready to experience adventure and new surroundings to add to their perfect holiday.
Classic honeymoon destinations include the Maldives and Mauritius with floating hotels, picturesque tropical surroundings, pristine white sandy beaches, all-inclusive luxury packages, and swimming in cool infinity pools. Where some couples enjoy staying at a luxury beach hotel in the Indian Ocean, many others are keen to experience adventure and a walk on the wild side with an African safari.
Mozambique is a traditional and popular honeymoon destination with lots of diving and water activities as well as secluded islands providing honeymooners with romantic sunsets and luxury accommodation. South Africa offers newlyweds an array of activities from wine tasting tours, relaxing days on the beach, to going off on a safari and experience wildlife and nature at its best with sightings of some of the world’s most magnificent animals.
Honeymoons provide newlyweds with the perfect excuse to indulge, relax, and experience their own slice of paradise, and romantic beach resorts and wild safaris offer the perfect surroundings whether couples are looking for indulgence or adventure – or both!
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Africa Browse all
Soak up that much-needed vitamin D form a panoramic resort facing a 7-kilometre beach
- A wide range of activities to enjoy such as beach football, volleyball, table tennis and much more
- Free Wireless Internet in addition to the comfortable accommodations with spectacular sea views
- Leave behind everyday stress and benefit from all spa treatments or enjoy the Yoga and Pilates Classes
Travel through the wonderful winelands region of South Africa before a short stay in a fully-equipped Dubai city hotel
- Doubletree by Hilton Al Barsha is set in Dubai's Al Barsha area, close to world-class shops, restaurants and popular Dubai attractions, just behind the Mall of The Emirates.
- Rental car included for the tour of South Africa
- Travel through the Winelands and Cape Peninsula in one of the most beautiful areas of the world
Relaxing and unforgettable experience - 11 nights tour including an excellent range of facilities
- Experience the fruitful lifestyle of the Cape Region
- Discover the spectacular landscapes of the Kruger region
- Travel to Karongwe Private Game Reserve to get exclusive access, day and night, to a wide range of animals including the "Big Five"
Combine the excitement and adventure of South Africa with a luxurius stay in Maritius
- Swim with Dolphins in Mauritius for a simply amazing tropical experience
- Experience a spectacular Ballon Safari at Mabula Game Lodge
- Capture the magic and wonder of the big five in South Africa
Sharm El Sheikh is one of Egypt's best kept secrets. Spend six blissful days here enjoying the beauty of the Sinai...
Overview South Africa is one of the most diverse countries in the world, a place where you will find exotic...
HIGHLIGHTS TOUR SAFARI, WINELANDS & CAPE TOWN South Africa is one of the most diverse countries in the world, a place...
With a good location next to the city centre and the medina, this charming hotel will put you in close proximity to the...
Discreet and unpretentious, yet charming and welcoming, Hotel Phebus enjoys a quiet location at the heart of La Marsa -...
Situated outside the city in a quiet and uplifting location by the seaside, the Ezzahra Dar Tunis enjoys a wonderfully...