Marriott expands plans to operate more Dubai hotels
Marriott is adding more hotels and properties in Dubai despite the effects the recession has had on the city. Hotel Group Marriott International has already taken over the management of Dubai Marina's harbour Hotel and Residence and have plans for more
Hotel group Marriott International are planning to increase the number of Dubai hotels and properties in the region despite the effects the recession has had on the city. Marriott recently took over the management of Dubai Marina’s harbour Hotel and Residence from owners, Emirates Airlines, and the international hotel group are keen to expand their list and take on the operation of a further nine Dubai hotels.
Dubai was one of the worst Middle East cities hit by the economic global crisis with fewer visitors taking holidays in Dubai over the last 12 months. Jeff Strachan, Area Director of Sale and Marketing for Marriott Middle East and Africa, said:
“Although Dubai has come down a huge amount from where it was in 2008, in terms of occupancy and RevPAR (revenue per available room), Dubai has still performed extremely well as a benchmark against other major cities.
“The market has now readjusted itself and is going to be extremely competitive for everybody moving forward, forever. We’re back to a normal market, so it’s just like operating hotels in any normal city in the world.”
The recent takeover is the first in line for future planned Marriott hotels in Dubai and will be called Dubai Marriott Harbour Hotel and Suites and will be part of the Marriott Rewards loyalty programme.
With fewer visitors from the United Kingdom staying at Dubai hotels, Marriott dropped their room rates, like many other hotels in the region, to encourage a wider spectrum of travellers to take Dubai holidays. Marriott currently operates six hotels in the Emirates and is optimistic about the future of Dubai hotels.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dubai Browse all
Experience the best of all worlds in Dubai - exceptional accommodation, restauarants, sandy beaches and unmatched shoppin, all for an unbeatable price
- Exlusive Free Half Board upgrade (book by 11 November 2017)!!!
- Delight yourself in a culinary adventure with a selection of 16 dining options to tickle your taste buds
- Club Level rooms available providing access additional amenities and exclusive lounge access
- Located on the spectacular Jumeirah Beach adjacent to the Dubai Marina and only 10 minutes from the Emirates shopping mall
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
With over 20 restaurants and bars, you will be amazed by the variety of fine fare on offer to enhance your holiday.
- Complimentary services include a 1-2 hour scuba diving session
- Free Half Board on selected dates
- Venture next door with complimentary access to the Wild Wadi Water Park to cool yourself from the summer sun
Be sinfully self-indulgent and stay at an outrageously luxurious resort on Dubai's exclusive The Palm. You'll be basking in luxury from dawn to dusk.
- stay on the famous Palm in Dubai and enjoy stunning views over the skyline
- choose to upgrade to an amazing Ultra-All-Inclusive experience in the hotel
- Recieve complimentary boat transfers to iconic Dubai Marina or a free shuttle bus to Mall of the Emirates
With a gorgeous location on the west crescent of the Palm Jumeirah, this exclusive and ultra-deluxe resort delivers...
The new Sofitel The Palm Dubai epitomizes understated luxury combined with the utmost comfort. Located on Dubai’s...
Enjoy the stretches of sand and unlimited sunshine available here as you savour the comforts of Atlantis, The Palm. One...
Take a chance to explore the lively Al Barsha district as well as the many attractions Dubai has to offer at DoubleTree...
Located in Deira, within old Dubai, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Muraqabat offers a prime opportunity to explore the...
Located in the historic district of Deira, the heritage hotel Hyatt Regency is within walking distance to the famous...