Marriott expands plans to operate more Dubai hotels
Marriott is adding more hotels and properties in Dubai despite the effects the recession has had on the city. Hotel Group Marriott International has already taken over the management of Dubai Marina's harbour Hotel and Residence and have plans for more
Hotel group Marriott International are planning to increase the number of Dubai hotels and properties in the region despite the effects the recession has had on the city. Marriott recently took over the management of Dubai Marina’s harbour Hotel and Residence from owners, Emirates Airlines, and the international hotel group are keen to expand their list and take on the operation of a further nine Dubai hotels.
Dubai was one of the worst Middle East cities hit by the economic global crisis with fewer visitors taking holidays in Dubai over the last 12 months. Jeff Strachan, Area Director of Sale and Marketing for Marriott Middle East and Africa, said:
“Although Dubai has come down a huge amount from where it was in 2008, in terms of occupancy and RevPAR (revenue per available room), Dubai has still performed extremely well as a benchmark against other major cities.
“The market has now readjusted itself and is going to be extremely competitive for everybody moving forward, forever. We’re back to a normal market, so it’s just like operating hotels in any normal city in the world.”
The recent takeover is the first in line for future planned Marriott hotels in Dubai and will be called Dubai Marriott Harbour Hotel and Suites and will be part of the Marriott Rewards loyalty programme.
With fewer visitors from the United Kingdom staying at Dubai hotels, Marriott dropped their room rates, like many other hotels in the region, to encourage a wider spectrum of travellers to take Dubai holidays. Marriott currently operates six hotels in the Emirates and is optimistic about the future of Dubai hotels.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dubai Browse all
Bask in private palm-lined beach glory that's just 15 minutes from the Dubai Marina in a place where it's all included
- Choose from excellent restaurants serving a variety of world cuisines including French, Mediterranean and Thai
- Go for a round of golf at the onsite 9-hole Golf course or explore the are on horseback
- book your stay including tickets to the family entertainment park Dubai Parks & Resort - ask our team now
For an affordable luxury holiday on Dubai's iconic The Palm, head for Sofitel and take the whole family with you, they'll love it
- Boasting a Roof Top Swimming Pool
- Free high-speed internet and wifi
- Located by the famous Jumeirah Marina and close to shops, restaurants, bars and the Emirates Shopping Mall
Immerse yourself in Ottoman-style opulence in the famous Palm Jumeirah during your stay at Jumeirah Zabeel Saray
Perfection is synonymous with the Zabeel Saray on Dubai's Palm Island, where you will find that the decadence of the Ottoman Empire has been perfectly recaptured
- Unlimited access to Wild Wadi Park plus free shuttle service to a selection of Dubai Shopping Malls
- There are 10 restaurants and bars serving a variety of cuisine from all over the globe
- Boasting the Talise Ottoman Spa, where guests can indulge in a host of relaxing treatments and therapies
Chill at The Palm's newest luxury retreat, be wowed by the touches of opulence on every corner and be seduced by our amazing prize tag!
- Choose from 7 dining venues including gourmet options and enjoy access to 5 opulent bars
- Complimentary Access to So Fit "Gym, Sauna & Steam" with 25% disconut at SO SPA in addition to free WIFI
- Rooms boast a balcony with stunning view of the Arabian Gulf, includes free WIFI
With a gorgeous location on the west crescent of the Palm Jumeirah, this exclusive and ultra-deluxe resort delivers...
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
The stunning Intercontinental Resort Mauritius awaits, overlooking the Bay of Balaclava located on a pristine white...
The luxurious-new InterContinental Mauritius Resort Balaclava Fort overlooks the beaches of the Bay of Balaclava. This...
Situated right at the heart of the Port Rashid district, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Mina sits ideally between the...
Located in the historic district of Deira, the heritage hotel Hyatt Regency is within walking distance to the famous...
Dubai has emerged as a top tourist destination for travellers across the globe. The city of Dubai in UAE reflects the...