Marriott expands plans to operate more Dubai hotels
Marriott is adding more hotels and properties in Dubai despite the effects the recession has had on the city. Hotel Group Marriott International has already taken over the management of Dubai Marina's harbour Hotel and Residence and have plans for more
Hotel group Marriott International are planning to increase the number of Dubai hotels and properties in the region despite the effects the recession has had on the city. Marriott recently took over the management of Dubai Marina’s harbour Hotel and Residence from owners, Emirates Airlines, and the international hotel group are keen to expand their list and take on the operation of a further nine Dubai hotels.
Dubai was one of the worst Middle East cities hit by the economic global crisis with fewer visitors taking holidays in Dubai over the last 12 months. Jeff Strachan, Area Director of Sale and Marketing for Marriott Middle East and Africa, said:
“Although Dubai has come down a huge amount from where it was in 2008, in terms of occupancy and RevPAR (revenue per available room), Dubai has still performed extremely well as a benchmark against other major cities.
“The market has now readjusted itself and is going to be extremely competitive for everybody moving forward, forever. We’re back to a normal market, so it’s just like operating hotels in any normal city in the world.”
The recent takeover is the first in line for future planned Marriott hotels in Dubai and will be called Dubai Marriott Harbour Hotel and Suites and will be part of the Marriott Rewards loyalty programme.
With fewer visitors from the United Kingdom staying at Dubai hotels, Marriott dropped their room rates, like many other hotels in the region, to encourage a wider spectrum of travellers to take Dubai holidays. Marriott currently operates six hotels in the Emirates and is optimistic about the future of Dubai hotels.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dubai Browse all
Discover the impressive opulence of Dubai's skyline matched only by the views across the Arabian Gulf
Impeccable service combined with comfort and luxury with stunning views of Downtown Dubai
- A landmark hotel located in Deira, Dubai's historic district with stunning views over the city!
- Incredible bars, clubs and restaurants, including hip and trendy Sho Cho that's been taking Dubai's fashion set by storm.
- There are plenty of sightseeing and historical places to visit within walking distance
Chill at The Palm's newest luxury retreat, be wowed by the touches of opulence on every corner and be seduced by our amazing prize tag!
- Rooms boast a balcony with stunning view of the Arabian Gulf, includes free WIFI
- Choose from 7 dining venues including gourmet options and enjoy access to 5 opulent bars
- Free Half Board
The location on the world famous, Palm Jumeirah, provides superb access to white sandy beaches.
- FREE Half Board upgrade
- Up to two kids stay FREE
- Unlimited access to Wild Wadi Park plus free shuttle service to a selection of Dubai Shopping Malls
Discover the beauty of Mauritius and the buzz of Dubai
- Exclusive Added Values in Mauritius: Dinner on the beach for two with fresh fruits on arrival in the room (book by 20 December)
- Intercontinental Mauritius is located on one of the most marvellous parts of the island
- Fantastic selection of facilities and amenities await at the Intercontinental Mauritius, including free Wi-Fi, children's club and fun activities for all ages.
- Stay at the Hyatt Regency Dubai, the only hotel with a restaurant that has a 360 degree view
With a gorgeous location on the west crescent of the Palm Jumeirah, this exclusive and ultra-deluxe resort delivers...
Enjoy the stretches of sand and unlimited sunshine available here as you savour the comforts of Atlantis, The Palm. One...
The stunning Intercontinental Resort Mauritius awaits, overlooking the Bay of Balaclava located on a pristine white...
Situated right at the heart of the Port Rashid district, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Mina sits ideally between the...
Located in the historic district of Deira, the heritage hotel Hyatt Regency is within walking distance to the famous...