Ritz-Carlton sued over mismanagement of Jamaica luxury hotel
Ritz-Carlton is now in a $145million dispute against the Atlanta Company for the apparent mismanagement of one of their luxury resorts in Jamaica. They have been accused by the other party over the management of Rose Hall Resort L.P
Ritz-Carlton Hotels are currently in a $145 million legal dispute regarding the operation of a luxury resort in Jamaica. Ritz-Carlton, who have experience in managing Jamaica hotels, have been accused by Atlanta company, Rose Hall Resort L.P, of refusing to keep the Montego Bay hotel's beach clean and failing to maintain the resort's sewage treatment plant amongst other things.
After opening the luxury resort in August 2000, Ritz-Carlton, now owned by Marriott International Inc, predicted profits close to $20million by the year 2003. However, Rose Hall Resort has yet to receive any financial returns since the hotel group took over the management of the resort. The lawsuit reportedly argues:
"Instead of a trusting and mutually beneficial relationship, Ritz-Carlton has put Rose Hall through a nightmare of theft, broken promises, gross negligence and outright fraud."
The Caribbean resort is popular with travellers taking luxury Jamaica holidays but because the Rose Hall Resort was allegedly not up to the expected high standards, many visitors choose to stay in other Jamaica hotels for their holidays. Rose Hall Resort has also obtained a temporary restraining order against Ritz-Carlton forbidding any documents or items from the resort.
The Ritz project was launched by John Rollins but he died just a few months before the Rose Hall Resort opened and the property is currently owned by John Rollins' nephew, R, Randall Rollins. Rose Hall Resort L.P will terminate the contract with Ritz-Carlton on 1 October and are seeking a new management group as the ongoing law suit continues.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Enjoy the long list of fun options for all the family or bask on Varadero's pure white sands
- Located on a gorgeous stretch of Varadero beach.
- Enjoy 24-hour all-inclusive service.
- Sample a host of activities including snorkelling, kayaking, windsurfing, golf and more.
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Exclusive discount to the eco-archaeological Xcaret Park
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars & access to 5 Swimming Pools
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
Do the castaway experience in style and live your Robinson Crusoe dream
- Lose yourself in over 3 km of pristine beaches and aquamarine lagoons
- Beautiful bungalows nestled in the tropical gardens or on the beach, right over the lagoon
- Sample mouth-watering delights at a wide selection of dining options from flavours of the Orient to Mediterranean delights
Explore the area and enjoy an easy access to all attractions around Falmouth
- Fully equipped fitness centre, watersport activities, tennis court, golf and themed dining evenings to enjoy
- Within 30 minutes by car from Montego Bay International airport and downtown Montego
- Complimentary Wi-fi throughout the hotel
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The 4* Ramada Deira hotel boasts comfortable, modern and grand interiors and facilities, as well as easy access to the...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...