Ritz-Carlton sued over mismanagement of Jamaica luxury hotel
Ritz-Carlton is now in a $145million dispute against the Atlanta Company for the apparent mismanagement of one of their luxury resorts in Jamaica. They have been accused by the other party over the management of Rose Hall Resort L.P
Ritz-Carlton Hotels are currently in a $145 million legal dispute regarding the operation of a luxury resort in Jamaica. Ritz-Carlton, who have experience in managing Jamaica hotels, have been accused by Atlanta company, Rose Hall Resort L.P, of refusing to keep the Montego Bay hotel's beach clean and failing to maintain the resort's sewage treatment plant amongst other things.
After opening the luxury resort in August 2000, Ritz-Carlton, now owned by Marriott International Inc, predicted profits close to $20million by the year 2003. However, Rose Hall Resort has yet to receive any financial returns since the hotel group took over the management of the resort. The lawsuit reportedly argues:
"Instead of a trusting and mutually beneficial relationship, Ritz-Carlton has put Rose Hall through a nightmare of theft, broken promises, gross negligence and outright fraud."
The Caribbean resort is popular with travellers taking luxury Jamaica holidays but because the Rose Hall Resort was allegedly not up to the expected high standards, many visitors choose to stay in other Jamaica hotels for their holidays. Rose Hall Resort has also obtained a temporary restraining order against Ritz-Carlton forbidding any documents or items from the resort.
The Ritz project was launched by John Rollins but he died just a few months before the Rose Hall Resort opened and the property is currently owned by John Rollins' nephew, R, Randall Rollins. Rose Hall Resort L.P will terminate the contract with Ritz-Carlton on 1 October and are seeking a new management group as the ongoing law suit continues.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Sun-seekers will love this deal transporting you to the golden beaches of Phuket
- 3 free-form swimming pools to choose from
- Take advantage of the swim up bar
- Complimentary shuttle service to Ya Nui Beach, Nai harn Beach and Kata Beach
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Stay at the luxurious Dreams resort with various benefits including a room upgrade to make your holiday extra special
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Enjoy moonlit themed parties, great music shows and outdoor cinema screenings on the beach
- A wide choice of a la carte themed restaurants and chic bars ensure there is something to suit everyone
- The Explorer's Kids Club has a fully supervised children's programme with various different activities
An eco-tourist's dream - embark on an amazing journey of discovery with the perfect combination of comfort and adventure in tropical Costa Rica.
- Explore the amazing country of Costa Rica and discover all it's gems on this in depth tour with a fabulous beach stay
- During this tour you will experience various unique inclusions including a fantastic stay in tented accommodation under the stars in Arenal
- Enjoy various activities and exploration on this holiday including river rafting and much more with various optional tours to add
Soak in the vitamin D on Phuket’s sun-kissed coastline with a stay the Rawai Palm Beach Resort, a matter of steps from...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
The Topaz Hotel is perfect for those who want to explore St Paul's bay and Malta's rugged countryside. Affordable and...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Despite having opened its doors to guests in 2008, this boutique hotel has been around for much longer as it once was a...