Ritz-Carlton sued over mismanagement of Jamaica luxury hotel
Ritz-Carlton is now in a $145million dispute against the Atlanta Company for the apparent mismanagement of one of their luxury resorts in Jamaica. They have been accused by the other party over the management of Rose Hall Resort L.P
Ritz-Carlton Hotels are currently in a $145 million legal dispute regarding the operation of a luxury resort in Jamaica. Ritz-Carlton, who have experience in managing Jamaica hotels, have been accused by Atlanta company, Rose Hall Resort L.P, of refusing to keep the Montego Bay hotel's beach clean and failing to maintain the resort's sewage treatment plant amongst other things.
After opening the luxury resort in August 2000, Ritz-Carlton, now owned by Marriott International Inc, predicted profits close to $20million by the year 2003. However, Rose Hall Resort has yet to receive any financial returns since the hotel group took over the management of the resort. The lawsuit reportedly argues:
"Instead of a trusting and mutually beneficial relationship, Ritz-Carlton has put Rose Hall through a nightmare of theft, broken promises, gross negligence and outright fraud."
The Caribbean resort is popular with travellers taking luxury Jamaica holidays but because the Rose Hall Resort was allegedly not up to the expected high standards, many visitors choose to stay in other Jamaica hotels for their holidays. Rose Hall Resort has also obtained a temporary restraining order against Ritz-Carlton forbidding any documents or items from the resort.
The Ritz project was launched by John Rollins but he died just a few months before the Rose Hall Resort opened and the property is currently owned by John Rollins' nephew, R, Randall Rollins. Rose Hall Resort L.P will terminate the contract with Ritz-Carlton on 1 October and are seeking a new management group as the ongoing law suit continues.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Exclusive discount to the eco-archaeological Xcaret Park
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars & access to 5 Swimming Pools
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
Do the castaway experience in style and live your Robinson Crusoe dream
- Lose yourself in over 3 km of pristine beaches and aquamarine lagoons
- Beautiful bungalows nestled in the tropical gardens or on the beach, right over the lagoon
- Sample mouth-watering delights at a wide selection of dining options from flavours of the Orient to Mediterranean delights
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Uncover the charms of India as you spend eight days touring some of its most important touristic sites. The Golden...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Located by the picturesque St. Paul's Bay, Porto Azzurro Hotel is only 10 minutes away from Malta's main sandy beaches...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of...
A charming little retreat right at the heart of Tunis, Le Pacha is centrally located to give you easy access to all of...