Ritz-Carlton sued over mismanagement of Jamaica luxury hotel
Ritz-Carlton is now in a $145million dispute against the Atlanta Company for the apparent mismanagement of one of their luxury resorts in Jamaica. They have been accused by the other party over the management of Rose Hall Resort L.P
Ritz-Carlton Hotels are currently in a $145 million legal dispute regarding the operation of a luxury resort in Jamaica. Ritz-Carlton, who have experience in managing Jamaica hotels, have been accused by Atlanta company, Rose Hall Resort L.P, of refusing to keep the Montego Bay hotel's beach clean and failing to maintain the resort's sewage treatment plant amongst other things.
After opening the luxury resort in August 2000, Ritz-Carlton, now owned by Marriott International Inc, predicted profits close to $20million by the year 2003. However, Rose Hall Resort has yet to receive any financial returns since the hotel group took over the management of the resort. The lawsuit reportedly argues:
"Instead of a trusting and mutually beneficial relationship, Ritz-Carlton has put Rose Hall through a nightmare of theft, broken promises, gross negligence and outright fraud."
The Caribbean resort is popular with travellers taking luxury Jamaica holidays but because the Rose Hall Resort was allegedly not up to the expected high standards, many visitors choose to stay in other Jamaica hotels for their holidays. Rose Hall Resort has also obtained a temporary restraining order against Ritz-Carlton forbidding any documents or items from the resort.
The Ritz project was launched by John Rollins but he died just a few months before the Rose Hall Resort opened and the property is currently owned by John Rollins' nephew, R, Randall Rollins. Rose Hall Resort L.P will terminate the contract with Ritz-Carlton on 1 October and are seeking a new management group as the ongoing law suit continues.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Discover everything the ‘Island of the Gods’ has to offer with a stay in the buzzing Seminyak area
- Restore your inner balance at Taum Spa or take a surfing lesson
- Incredible value upgrades to private pool rooms
- Complimentary shuttle to town centre and Petitenget Beach
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Exciting marine and entertainment attractions that the whole family can enjoy
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Located in Deira, within old Dubai, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Muraqabat offers a prime opportunity to explore the...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...