Anantara Wins 6 Awards this Summer for its Thai & Maldives hotels
Anantara Resorts has just won a range of different accolades for its 'Anantara Golden Triangle' hotel in Thailand and for its Maldives hotel 'Anantara Dhigu' who both ranked 6th and 8th respectively in the list of the 'World's Best'
The Anantara Dhigu hotel in the Maldives and Thailand’s Anantara Golden Triangle hotel have just been voted in the Top 10 of the “World’s Best” by the readers of Travel + Leisure USA. The Anantara duo ranked 6th and 8th respectively in Asia whilst ending in 37th and 53rd place out of the 100 hotels in the general worldwide listing.
If this wasn’t enough, the Anantara Dhigu has proved it knows what makes Maldives holidays extra special as it also outdid its competitors in the ISLANDS magazine’s Coveted list earning their place in the "Top 10 Best Island Beaches” standing as the only Maldives hotel to make the top 10 and also gracing the front cover of the September/October 2009 issue.
Adding onto the prestige of the Anantara brand and its worlwide recognition for offering some of the world’s best luxury holidays, the Anantara Phuket in Thailand also made the top 20 in the ‘Overseas Leisure Hotels in Asia and the Indian Subcontinent’ list, a category in which readers were asked to vote on their favourite hotel according to geographical location.
Having also been officially declared a chain belonging the ‘Small Luxury Hotels of the World’ the Anantara brand has also left a mark in the world of luxury spa treatments as its hotel Anantara Hua Hin was named one of the best ‘Spas in an Overseas Hotel’ by the Conde Nast Traveller 2009 Reader Awards.
If all this praise and accolades weren’t enough, Anantara’s fame for creating the most perfect luxury holidays doesn’t end here. Less than a year after opening the Desert Islands Resort & Spa by Anantara and Anantara Si Kao Resort & Spa, both of these exceptional hotels have topped the charts in Elite Traveler’s annual “101 Top Hotel Suites of the World 2009” list; an official ranking by the travel lifestyle magazine of the rich and famous.
“It is indeed a great honour for us to not only be recognised by some of the leading travel publications in the world, but to be placed at the top of these lists. These awards are testament to Anantara’s dedication to service, our unique philosophy and unparalleled luxurious settings. We strive to provide our valued guests with a truly distinctive and indigenous experience,” were the words of William E. Heinecke, CEO of Minor International, the owning company of Anantara Hotels, Resorts & Spas.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Maldives Browse all
Explore stunning coral reefs in your private piece of heaven on earth where the sparkling white sands will caress your toes as the warm turquoise waters gently kiss your skin.
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner, snacks, top-shelf beverages and selected sports all come included in the price of your stay
- Discover the stunning coral reefs, go out on a fishing trip or have a go at water skiing, amongst other activities
- Overlook the Indian Ocean from your room and step out onto the white soft sands the Maldives is famous for
Explore an underwater world of breathtaking beauty and laze on the finest white sands at Sun Island Resort, a tropical paradise of peace and serenity.
- exclusive rate reduction for our clients
- Enjoy endless activities including scuba diving, snorkelling, water-skiing and more
- Tickle your taste buds with rich flavours and innovative cuisine that incorporates exotic Thai and Oriental influences
Kick back and relax with plenty on offer to help you along the way at Reethi Beach Resort.
- Only 15% of the island is built upon, with lush vegetation, natural shorelines and stunning landscapes making up the rest
- The Water Sports Centre has all types of water sport covered whilst the Sports Centre on land covers tennis, badminton, squash, gym and table tennis
- Enjoy two fantastic excursions per person per week to Kam Adhoo and Kihadhoo and a Sunset Dhoni Cruise on selected dates
Follow secret pathways through tropical gardens, savour exquisite cuisine, scuba dive to spot whale sharks or simply chill on the sands...
- Special touches include: cinema screenings on the beach, secret bars and a message in a bottle with a hidden surprise
- Enjoy access to some of Maldives' most beautiful dive sites and explore the depths of the Indian Ocean
- Take your pick from seven exquisite restaurants and six lively bars
The Nalaguraidhoo Island of the Maldives is one of the most sublime coastal landscapes you'll ever lay eyes, what with...
Venture to the Lhaviyani Atoll in the Maldives islands to experience a holiday like no other. This section of the...
If you are looking for serenity and tranquillity coupled with luxurious elegance, then Adaaran Select Meedhupparu is the...
Fun Island offers a wonderful blend of ‘Fun and Sun’. The Massive lagoon of the island provides ideal conditions for a...
Escape from day-to-day life for a while and take refuge in the Asian paradise of the Maldives while you spend 8 days...
Located on Lankanfinolhu Island in the North Male Atoll, Paradise Island is one of the largest resorts in the Maldives....