Increase in Dubai holidays expected in fourth quarter of 2009
The 4th quarter of 2009 will see an increase in Dubai holidays as Dubai hotels prepare to receive an expected increase in the number of visitors this winter as Dubai's tourism picks up after a significant decline of arrivals after the global recession
Dubai hotels are set to see an increase in visitors this winter as more travellers are expected to take Dubai holidays and boost the region's tourism and travel sector. Dubai holiday industry was one of the worst affected areas in the world to be hit by the global recession and there was a significant decline in visitors taking holidays in Dubai compared to nearby Abu Dhabi.
With the recession hitting the Middle East later than the rest of the world, numbers began to noticeably fall in the last quarter of 2008. Within the first six months of 2009, Dubai hotel room prices dropped by 26 per cent. The drop in rates has enticed more visitors to take Dubai holidays and benefit from the bargains available. Walter Lo Faro, Director of Market Management for the Middle East for Expedia, said:
"Dubai has seen one of the greatest drop in rates, making it an even more attractive tourist destination, while hotel prices in Abu Dhabi have also fallen significantly. As a result of the economic downturn we have seen a change in the profile of tourists visiting the UAE: Fewer visitors are coming from the UK and Russia, while we are seeing more tourists from Italy and the US."
Neighbouring city, Abu Dhabi, maintained a steady level of visitors over the past 12 months due to it being a business destination but the hotels saw a decrease in numbers in the second quarter as more business travellers were affected by the economic crisis. However, Dubai hotels began to see an increase in numbers during the second quarter of 2009 as more travellers taking Dubai holidays took advantage of the promotions and discounts available which had been put in place to attract more visitors to the vibrant city.
With a current total of 40,943 hotel rooms and 17,204 hotel apartment rooms available in Dubai, the optimistic overview has encouraged businesses and developers to open a further 10,984 rooms in properties across Dubai and Abu Dhabi over the next year.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dubai Browse all
Bask in private palm-lined beach glory that's just 15 minutes from the Dubai Marina in a place where it's all included
- Choose from excellent restaurants serving a variety of world cuisines including French, Mediterranean and Thai
- Go for a round of golf at the onsite 9-hole Golf course or explore the are on horseback
- book your stay including tickets to the family entertainment park Dubai Parks & Resort - ask our team now
Immerse yourself in Ottoman-style opulence in the famous Palm Jumeirah during your stay at Jumeirah Zabeel Saray
Perfection is synonymous with the Zabeel Saray on Dubai's Palm Island, where you will find that the decadence of the Ottoman Empire has been perfectly recaptured
- Unlimited access to Wild Wadi Park plus free shuttle service to a selection of Dubai Shopping Malls
- There are 10 restaurants and bars serving a variety of cuisine from all over the globe
- Boasting the Talise Ottoman Spa, where guests can indulge in a host of relaxing treatments and therapies
Chill at The Palm's newest luxury retreat, be wowed by the touches of opulence on every corner and be seduced by our amazing prize tag!
- Choose from 7 dining venues including gourmet options and enjoy access to 5 opulent bars
- Complimentary Access to So Fit "Gym, Sauna & Steam" with 25% disconut at SO SPA in addition to free WIFI
- Rooms boast a balcony with stunning view of the Arabian Gulf, includes free WIFI
The perfect location
- Enjoy All Inclusive in beautiful Mauritius and just unwind at the beach
- Combine the best of two worlds in one journey - relax in Mauritian paradise and experience stunning Dubai
- Experience world-class dining in both incredible countries
With a gorgeous location on the west crescent of the Palm Jumeirah, this exclusive and ultra-deluxe resort delivers...
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
The stunning Intercontinental Resort Mauritius awaits, overlooking the Bay of Balaclava located on a pristine white...
The luxurious-new InterContinental Mauritius Resort Balaclava Fort overlooks the beaches of the Bay of Balaclava. This...
Situated right at the heart of the Port Rashid district, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Mina sits ideally between the...
Located in the historic district of Deira, the heritage hotel Hyatt Regency is within walking distance to the famous...
Dubai has emerged as a top tourist destination for travellers across the globe. The city of Dubai in UAE reflects the...